News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Unlimited grand prix payouts

Started by quicktoy, April 16, 2008, 05:52:23 PM

hdpromos

I've got an idea! Sounds like Jason has all the answers. Maybe he should try his hand at promoting, since he just can't seem to make the advancement to expert? :whine:

HD

ahastings

Here is one reason I think people get out of the sport after they go expert, which is my example and why I agree with Greg and D. My Am year I was running up front and raking in the contingency and purse money-life was good. I went expert the next year and spent the year going just as fast and even faster then the year before and not winning anything. It took untill my 3rd year as an expert to start winning a decent amount of contingency again. The current system in my opinion encourages people to stay Am as long as possible.
  Take  Mr.Quick for example, he is well within the rules to run Am. But if there wasn't money to be won there do you think he would be there.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

LilJayRR

HD, It is your pond in FL and you can run it the way you want. You talk down to me as an AM and that I will take offense at. You act like I don't want to be and expert or that I dont think I am good enough to be one. I dont make the rules of who is a expert or not. If they put me in the expert class I would welcome it, and the competition there. I'm willing to suit it up and compete against any expert out there, win or lose. The way you are acting now and from your very first post is part of the attitude I was talking about.

I also see the point that d-wire, MELK-MAN etc are getting at. I just dont agree that there should be nothing available as a reward to an amature. I think the system that is in place now is pretty far IMO. You all act like I'm afraid to the experts or something, and that just isn't true.. Maybe I'm taking it personl, but I dont think so. I never said I have all the answers, but I also dont see anyone else putting any idea's out. Its the staus quo no need to try anything new and resist change. Yes it is a dead horse, and I'm preaching to the choir here, as I'm in the minority here I guess.

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

MELK-MAN

Jerry McGuire reverse quote...i was done with Jason at "hello".. You simply don't grasp the amature concept..  :cheers:
not a problem. Just a diff of opinion i guess. Being an Ex racer that has supported CCS racing for over 5 years, I simply would rather see the $$ go the racers that support racing year in-year out moreso than riders that are flash in the pan 1-2 year guys/gals that want a few extra $ for a race they may or may not be in 2 years later. the front experts have been racing for AWILE.. AM racer? maybe 1 year for most . NOW do you see our bitch?
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

quicktoy

Quote from: ahastings on April 18, 2008, 07:54:26 PM
  Take  Mr.Quick for example, he is well within the rules to run Am. But if there wasn't money to be won there do you think he would be there.
Whats going on Arnie? get that tranny fixed yet?  OMG I rode Jimmy's 1098R yesterday..What a monster that is. LOL
Well theres actually another reason I held back and that is, I had a bad wreck years ago and had brain hemorhaging on both sides of my brain and doctors told me if I hit my head hard I could die, so I wanted to ramp up and really get up to speed my first season back
My return as an Amateur

hdpromos

Jason, one more and hopefully my final suggestion for you. Send a letter to CCS in Texas requesting to move to expert. I'm sure after 3 years of running amateur, your race history should be good enough for them to advance you  :cheers:.

HD

LilJayRR

Quote from: hdpromos on April 19, 2008, 09:47:14 AM
Jason, one more and hopefully my final suggestion for you. Send a letter to CCS in Texas requesting to move to expert. I'm sure after 3 years of running amateur, your race history should be good enough for them to advance you  :cheers:.

HD

Well, I will say thanks for the advise, sounds like a good idea.. but for clarification its only been two years not three..  After this comming summit Point weekend if I do well I will take your advise and see. I mean, I dont want to be a cherry picking sandbagger and be raking in too much contengencys and purses and have everyone think I staying  an Am for the paydays every weekend.

At least this time in your post you weren't an complete self righteous pompus j@ck@$$...

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

hdpromos

Oh my, just when I thought you and I were making-up :kissy:, you have to throw in that last line :wtf:!

HD

LilJayRR

Quote from: hdpromos on April 20, 2008, 12:51:03 PM
Oh my, just when I thought you and I were making-up :kissy:, you have to throw in that last line :wtf:!

HD

Yeah, I thought about putting it in or not.. but I figured why not, right... I wasn't supposed to take your posts personal, so I figured you wouldn't take it personal either right.. I mean it was a complement and all.

I will offer a appology tho.. it was a bit harsh. Hope no hard feelings!

We can agree to dissagree and all get along, right?

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

hdpromos

Quote from: LilJayRR on April 20, 2008, 08:02:41 PM
Yeah, I thought about putting it in or not.. but I figured why not, right... I wasn't supposed to take your posts personal, so I figured you wouldn't take it personal either right.. I mean it was a complement and all.

I will offer a appology tho.. it was a bit harsh. Hope no hard feelings!

We can agree to dissagree and all get along, right?

No apology needed, no hard feelings. We're just fine :thumb:.

HD

fatboy122

Jason..here is another way of looking at this..most of the top six or seven experts on a given weekend run faster lap times than the winning amatuers..i dont think its fair that a winning amatuer, who is actually slower than say the guy that finished 7th in the same class as an expert makes more money than the expert..yeah the AM won there race but the expert had more competition and actually rode faster..im sure thats one reason cash is very seldom paid to winning AM riders..that would definitely make guys want to stay AM and cherry pick..and if they did start paying bigger purses to AM then the payout for experts should be tripled and we all know thats not going happen any time soon..

ahastings

Quote from: quicktoy on April 19, 2008, 05:49:54 AM
Whats going on Arnie? get that tranny fixed yet?  OMG I rode Jimmy's 1098R yesterday..What a monster that is. LOL
Well theres actually another reason I held back and that is, I had a bad wreck years ago and had brain hemorhaging on both sides of my brain and doctors told me if I hit my head hard I could die, so I wanted to ramp up and really get up to speed my first season back
got it fixed. raced wera in the rain at summit this weekend. I wasn't knocking you for running Am. I would do the same in your position. That 1098r would be sweet to ride I am sure.
I think what would be better for ccs unltd gp if they still want to pay a purse to ams. it shouldn't be the same as the experts. like fatboy122 said above it is a lot more work to finish top 5 expert then it is to win an am. race. Maybe they should pay just top 5 am. and top 15 expert, that would be more equitable. 75% of the am. riders don't even stay in the sport long enough to go expert, and a lot quit once they do.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor