News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Unlimited grand prix payouts

Started by quicktoy, April 16, 2008, 05:52:23 PM

honda60071

Everyone have a great year I don't care if I get payed or not. I want to race and have a good time maybe someday pick up expert.
Shawn

LilJayRR

Quote from: MELK-MAN on April 17, 2008, 06:14:08 PM
Scott..they mail you a check.
Jason Gibbons. YOU just dint get it, i got it along time ago. As HD indicated, you seem to have found a home among the AM class, and the $$ that are paid to the AM riders (for whatever reason i have no idea) will discourage you from going expert. I agree with you.. the day they quit paying AM riders in ULGP the sport will surely disintegrate. Good luck with AM riding, the guys that your racing with now will likely go expert soon and learn alto more that you will. For you to continue spouting off that myself or anyone that posted in this thread has ANY disdain for the AM riders is ludicrous. NOWHERE did i or ANYONE say ANYTHING condescending about the AM class (well, other than HD explaining that he does not want AM riders stinking up the ULGP in the FL region, but that is just HD)..i suggest you learn to read posts before getting uppity.
AT SOME POINT you will understand just how silly it is to think AM riders should earn purse money when there are expert classes at the same event.
THis is gonna become my new signature line.. 8)

You must have me mistaken for someone that has no ambition to move up from the AM ranks... in fact is it quite the oppisite. I work hard every week so I can make it to the next race weekend to better my skills. I race in as many races as I can afford to. If you think for one second that the $'s that is paid to an AM is going to keep me in the AM class you are dead wrong. As you keep saying dont put words in my mouth. If I would of been able to afford VIR last year after repairs to my bike I would of made EX last year, but that is not how it turned out. Or if they added points for participating in the TC races. I have no control over being moved to EX or not, if I was given the option to go EX or stay AM I would goto EX in a heartbeat.

We do not agree on what an AM deserves to be able to win. Which probably is because you are in the FL region and that is the way it is done there. But dont assume to know what my intentions are as far as optaining EX status or not. You may not consider it condecending, but to me is sure does, just as your assumtion that I will not ever be an EX and that I have no ambition to become one, and learn and better my skills is to me condesending. Which is I'm sure how you meant it. I can have a discussion on a subject without calling names and trying to belittle them etc..

For me I'm done with this topic, the horse is dead.... To quicktoy, sorry for higjacking your tread..  

Opinions are like aholes... everyone has one, and unless it is yours, it stinks..  

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

r1owner

Quote from: 104fahl on April 17, 2008, 06:03:32 PM

How's it going Scott?  I thought you hated trackdays?  :err:   
I can't become an expert by doing trackdays.

Hehe.... hey Nick, just trying to get some posts going here.

For the record, I don't hate trackdays at all!

honda60071

r1owner are you are yoou east or west of the Mississippippissippissippissippi.
Shawn

r1owner

Quote from: honda60071 on April 17, 2008, 06:58:59 PM
r1owner are you are yoou east or west of the Mississippippissippissippissippi.

Hehe.... Very Very close on the west side of the Mississippippissippissippissippi (Saint Louis)

honda60071

Just wonder I was raised over there on the IL side Freeburg, close to belville. until 19 when I joined the marines
Shawn

r1owner

Quote from: honda60071 on April 17, 2008, 07:04:00 PM
Just wonder I was raised over there on the IL side Freeburg, close to belville. until 19 when I joined the marines

Cool, I've only lived here since 94.  I see you're in VA, I grew up in LAngley AFB

honda60071

talk about your swap of positions, you out there for good? I tried but my wife is from here and it's hard to cut her umbilical cord from her mama!
Shawn

Garywc

if the money from the entry fee is where the purse comes from isnt it?so why not pay the money out to where it came from? this isnt the government we can give it back
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

quicktoy

thankyou to those who answered my original question.  Jason Gibbens, I am an amateir like yourself.  A returning racer after 4 years of off time for those who want to whine about me.  You are taking what Greg Melka is saying the wrong way.  I've known Greg for years and he has nothing but the upmost respect for any racer whether am, expert, pro, or even track day guy.  He is giving his opinion that he doesnt believe Ams should be payed for UNGP race, and the reason I started this thread was because I took a paying position at CMP and was unsure of the payouts. 
  HD is Henry DeGouw who runs CCS florida and I have zero problem with Henry's rules.  If you want to get paid for a race, bump up and run with the fastest guy there that weekend.  But I did just do a S.E. event and was just wondering the payout.
  As far as attacking Melka, I do have to take his back on this one, because he is voicing how he feels, although I'm sure he made a buck or two racing outside of Florida in UNGP when he was an Amateur and I'm sure he didnt hand the check back...did ya Greg ;-)  The reason I am quick to stand up for Greg, is because he had an off weekend at JGP a few weeks ago, and myself and some other Ams got by him in some of the races ( for the record Greg is waaay faster than me)  and instead of saying it was this problem or that problem, he walked right up and congratulated some of us Ams who beat him in that combined race. 
Anyways, thank you, my question has been answered.  I will continue to ride Henry's series as well as South East series.  The only problem I have with Henry not running UNGP is how do guys at ROC who only run the Florida series get gridded?  since they have no points for the Season

Scott Quick
My return as an Amateur

d-wire

alright quick...you get it....thanks.  You have to understand that a discussion on the "intranet" would seem a whole lot different if it was in person.  On the "intranet" guys get all defensive and jump to conclusions cause you are missing the facial expressions and intent of the discussion.
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

MELK-MAN

at 5'6" i have to jump up to discuss things anyway...
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice