News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Unlimited grand prix payouts

Started by quicktoy, April 16, 2008, 05:52:23 PM

quicktoy

what are the payouts for experts and ams?
My return as an Amateur

d-wire

Depends on the region Quick.  I like the way the FL region does it, with the experts being the only ones that make the payout dollas.  Fl experts go from $600 to win down to $50 for 10th place I believe.  The other regions I think....pay for am as well.  Personally, I don't like the idea of amatuers racing with $ on the line.
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

MELK-MAN

i think its gay that AM riders get paid..
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Super Dave

Super Dave

quicktoy

Hey I didnt make the rules that ams get payed, was just asking what the payout was LOL
My return as an Amateur

104fahl

Are the payouts listed somewhere? I found all the payouts for other companies but i don't see anything else. Thank you.

cardzilla

Quote from: MELK-MAN on April 16, 2008, 07:25:53 PM
i think its gay that AM riders get paid..

+1... I mean, WTF does AM mean for god's sake?  Not that experts are "pro's", but am definitely have no business getting anything... thus the incentive to hone your skills and turn expert so we don't have grids of 40 Ams and only 10 experts.  Sorry for the threadjack, but this one bugs me too.
Larry Dodson
CCS # 22
2004 Yamaha R1 Superbike

Garywc

CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

MELK-MAN

nothing against you Scott, hey.. get the cash if they pay it out but you know what i mean. I bed if the purse was higher for the expert ULGP more expert riders would potentially show up. Move the AM purse to the EX purse (more payout) as the AM riders will race no matter what. I assure you AM riders wont sit an event out if they dont have the possibility of making a few dollars.. You would see more expert riders on the grid however in a dash for some cash as on average the faster expert riders spend way more per race weekend. Look at our FL region UNGP races. When Jensen, Stokes, Wood, Lewin, Smith, Day, Thompson, etc. show up.. they always enter the GTO (as FL reg pays, ) and the unlm. GP .. as there is $600 to win and payout to 10th position.. no payout for AM.
VERY SORRY for the threadjack..

LilJayRR

Yeah AM's should have to pay double just to enter races, and that money should be given to all the experts just for showing up on the grids and allowing the AM's to behold thier greatness and inhale thier exhaust fumes!

Don't reward them for anything, they are NOTHING! and dont amount to ANYTHING!

Nice attidude of entitlement! Its nice to see what some of you really think about us AM's.... And FYI this AM does sit out races when there is no $'s on the line. I'll enter every UL GP that has purse $'s, no purse $'s I wont enter. I dont race 'no matter what', If you want more expert purse payout figure out a way to get more sponsers involved in the sport, keep more expert class racers active in the sport, while encouraging more new racers to the sport. Promot the sport, get more pople to comeout and watch. What is the average length of a club racers carrer? 3 yrs or so? Why? Cost plain and simple, and you want to take away what little purses there are for AM's...

That attidude I bet will surely stimulate the sport.
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

MELK-MAN

Quote from: LilJayRR on April 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM
Yeah AM's should have to pay double just to enter races, and that money should be given to all the experts just for showing up on the grids and allowing the AM's to behold thier greatness and inhale thier exhaust fumes!

Nice attidude of entitlement! Its nice to see what some of you really think about us AM's.... And FYI this AM does sit out races when there is no $'s on the line. I'll enter every UL GP that has purse $'s, no purse $'s I wont enter. I dont race 'no matter what', If you want more expert purse payout figure out a way to get more sponsers involved in the sport, keep more expert class racers active in the sport, while encouraging more new racers to the sport. Promot the sport, get more pople to comeout and watch. What is the average length of a club racers carrer? 3 yrs or so? Why? Cost plain and simple, and you want to take away what little purses there are for AM's...

Quote from: LilJayRR on April 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

totally misread.. I said "I assure you AM riders wont sit an event out if they dont have the possibility of making a few dollars" .. as in, AM riders ride to ride, and many experts have been at it way more than 3 yrs and are trying to offset the extra expenses of multiple bikes, rebuild costs, tires every other race, etc. Hey, i remember my AM season very well. 1 bike, 1 set of tires per weekend, small trailer, pump gas, etc. BUT.. AM is AM, expert has pro riders and pro riders are doing this to make some cash when possible. Take a breath, read the posts a bit better next time.

d-wire

HAHAHAHAHA.  I totally agree Greg.  Jason, don't get your feelings hurt.  Its not about that.  Have you run one of the FL region events, Im sure you probably have.  As a spectator, I would always go to watch the "shootout" or UNLGP.  You knew as a spectator it was the main event, with the best riders on their best bikes for the $$$$.  Henry likes to showcase that race and it works.  Its awesome. It sells tickets and brings people out. It brings out the newspaper and is great for the sport.  I'll never forget watching Shane Prieto and Marco Martinez take on whichever fast guys showed up. Hell, I busted 4 bones at the last event and left the hospital to go watch the "shootout".   In the other regions, it seems like just another race.

Also paying purse $$ in amatuer promotes cherry picking or guys staying in amatuer that are really good riders.
I didn't like the idea when I was an amatuer.  I don't think its good to have the extra pressure of purse $$ on the line with riders of lesser experience. That being said, if they are going to pay......shoot, go for it.  I can't blame you or Quick for going for it.  Your mistaken if you think we are hatin on am's
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2