News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Unlimited grand prix payouts

Started by quicktoy, April 16, 2008, 05:52:23 PM

LilJayRR

Quote from: fatboy122 on April 21, 2008, 11:31:22 AM
Jason..here is another way of looking at this..most of the top six or seven experts on a given weekend run faster lap times than the winning amatuers..i dont think its fair that a winning amatuer, who is actually slower than say the guy that finished 7th in the same class as an expert makes more money than the expert..yeah the AM won there race but the expert had more competition and actually rode faster..im sure thats one reason cash is very seldom paid to winning AM riders..that would definitely make guys want to stay AM and cherry pick..and if they did start paying bigger purses to AM then the payout for experts should be tripled and we all know thats not going happen any time soon..

I knnow exactly what you are saying, but you missed my point. I'm not saying Am's need more money. Currently Am's do have a race ULGP (in most regions) that has a purse, and they can win contengency etc. in other classes. Its not as much as Ex can recieve, and I'm not saying it should be more etc... What I was saying is that what is available currently to Am's should not be taken away just to give it to the Ex. Thats it, nothing more...
The reason given was Ex spend more $'s and should have more $'s to win, and that Am's $'s should goto increasing the amount of $'s (purse and contengency) that Ex's could win, and Am's should not have any available.

My opinion is if Ex's want/need more $'s available to win it should come from other sources. ie Sponsers, higher entry fees (like ASRA and ULGP have) or some other way, and not to take it from the small amount Am's have available to them now.

Cherry picking, sandbagging etc, will happen no matter what. People like to win, if they know they can't win by going to expert they will hold off as long as possible if winning is all that matters to them. They also get a benifit of some $'s which I'm sure could encourage staying AM as long as possible, which if it seems to be the case then CCS should look into moving them to expert.

Everyone keeps turning what I am saying into "Am's should have MORE $'s.." and that is not the point I am trying (however misserable I might be at it) to make. I personaly think the current system is pretty fair, and most Am's IMO want to improve/get faster and advance to Ex staus. In rare circumstances I'm sure the payout's can encourage a few to stay Am, but even those that are winning the $'s I would bet would take the advancement to Ex status whenever CCS deams it nessesary.

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

MELK-MAN

.. ohmygod....
Jason, i don't see the posts that were questioning your thoughts/views that AMs should get  MORE money. I never called you out on that, just the fact you are dead set on CCS not taking away your money for earning the same cash the same finish the experts get. Bear in mind that it in most cases would be impossible to finish in the same position in EX as AM without spending WAY more $$ to get, and having spent way more time on the track (and $$)  that same finishing position. In other words, to finish 2nd in the AM class is MUCH easier and cheaper than finishing 2nd in the ULGP in EX class. Period. Seriously better riders (not that AMs wont be at that level soon enough..), better set up bikes, spending more on tires to go those extra seconds per lap faster that unless your have god given talent, you have to have to run with the big boys. Doubt you would argue with that..
So.. without the big money truck coming in, myself and others simply don't see it fair the AM riders get the same purse as the EX for finishing in the same position. Your opinion is your own and I respect it, just like you said earlier to HD..guess we agree to disagree.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

hamurobby

Quote from: hdpromos on April 19, 2008, 09:47:14 AM
Jason, one more and hopefully my final suggestion for you. Send a letter to CCS in Texas requesting to move to expert. I'm sure after 3 years of running amateur, your race history should be good enough for them to advance you  :cheers:.

HD

Theres an idea, just write a letter and ask to be moved up, just last year I saw a guy, in as little as 6 weekends, move to expert and quit cherry picking the slow guys, he got a lot of hand shakes from guys who were thankful for it, and some respect as well.   8)
Waldo, the first cat of Jennings gp.. I miss you, rip buddy.

LilJayRR

Quote from: MELK-MAN on April 21, 2008, 11:44:31 PM
.. ohmygod....
Jason, i don't see the posts that were questioning your thoughts/views that AMs should get  MORE money. I never called you out on that, just the fact you are dead set on CCS not taking away your money for earning the same cash the same finish the experts get. Bear in mind that it in most cases would be impossible to finish in the same position in EX as AM without spending WAY more $$ to get, and having spent way more time on the track (and $$)  that same finishing position. In other words, to finish 2nd in the AM class is MUCH easier and cheaper than finishing 2nd in the ULGP in EX class. Period. Seriously better riders (not that AMs wont be at that level soon enough..), better set up bikes, spending more on tires to go those extra seconds per lap faster that unless your have god given talent, you have to have to run with the big boys. Doubt you would argue with that..
So.. without the big money truck coming in, myself and others simply don't see it fair the AM riders get the same purse as the EX for finishing in the same position. Your opinion is your own and I respect it, just like you said earlier to HD..guess we agree to disagree.

At least you understand what I am trying to get at. My other point was if ex's want/need more $'s figure out away to do it.  In FL Am's dont even have a chance at a purse so the same pay day POV doesnt matter. Ex also make more than Am's by contengency $'s too.. so Ex's already to get a better payday for the same finishing possitions as the Am's.
In the current system Ex's already get more $'s (purse and contengency) for the same finishing possition as Am's in a race. Your Ex's spend more so they deserve more for similar finishing possitions as Am's is already in place. Ex's spend more, Ex's win more $'s... Am's aren't as good as Ex's, and Am's dont win as much $'s compared to Ex's.

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

ahastings

One thing you might be forgetting Jason, we know where you are coming from as we were all AM once. I would like to see roadracing be more like motocross which is my background. The am. and novice classes were for trophies and the expert classes were for cash based on the number of entries and no trophies.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

MELK-MAN

Quote from: ahastings on April 22, 2008, 11:53:52 AM
One thing you might be forgetting Jason, we know where you are coming from as we were all AM once. I would like to see roadracing be more like motocross which is my background. The am. and novice classes were for trophies and the expert classes were for cash based on the number of entries and no trophies.

.. we need a "return for deposit" for plaques and trophies, much like pop bottles back in the day (man, am i giving away my age or what). Say 50c per,  I would be RICH!!!
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

LilJayRR

I think A&J does have something like that for your old trophy's/plaques...

If you older gentlemen needs something to do with all that wood you got... :-)
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

LilJayRR

Quote from: ahastings on April 22, 2008, 11:53:52 AM

Yeah, that is what I dont get maybe. As Am's I'm sure no one refused any $'s they won, but as Ex's they are opposed to Am's winning $'s...

The motorcross way of things might be a better system, I dont know as I have no experience with it. I do know they seem to have tons more people at the events I have been too. Which was only at the local motox track back in KS.

You can't make everyone happy all of the time.

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

hdpromos

It looks to me like we're back to square one here. Jason's still singing the same old song :banghead:!

HD

Super Dave

Let's use MX tires in ULGP. 

Henry, you've led the way with the muffler thing.   :cheers: 

Might be the next big thing.  Macau would be all over it...LOL!   :biggrin:
Super Dave

LilJayRR

Back to square one... I didn't know we made it to square two...
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic

hdpromos

Like I said :banghead:! Hurry up and get that letter into CCS :ahhh:

HD