News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Unlimited grand prix payouts

Started by quicktoy, April 16, 2008, 05:52:23 PM

honda60071

Your right you have your opinion and you probably know more about tracks and  certain situations than I do. I'm new to physically doing the sport not about bikes. Lets look at it this way we can all agree that AMA is pro right. Good, now take someone who races AMA and says EX in CCS/WERA/AFM etc...don't deserve Championships or prize money because they a club racer are not pro racer. Same difference right?  Well anyhow I'm not trying to piss in anyone cereal and call it nonfat milk. Just don't like the fact of anyone bashing one particular group jut because the have a AM status. My comments are my opinion, same as anyone else. If you think I'm off okay, really I'm a nice guy I enjoy talking and picking brains on the sport because I love it so much, just as anyone else who races. Nough said AMA on Speed this weekend (2) superbike races and supersport.   
Shawn

MELK-MAN

honda60071 - LilJayRR
you have to know what "logic" is first, you have again put words in my mouth. Go back..read. USING YOUR LOGIC .. is what i said. If you need me to explain this i can. NOBODY bashed anyone, or the AM group as a whole. Some of us have simply stated that AM should NOT be paid. ANd for those that think the AMA is the only "pro" group.. your wrong. Expert status is a "pro" status as it allows riders to compete at regional or national events for Manufac. contingency money..that can add up to TENS of thousands of dollars. THis is a big deal, and some expert riders (that do NO ama events) make a living chasing contingency dollars. Money also comes in the form of product contingency and purse money for races.. and i will say it again, I do not think AM riders should be paid purse money. Do the AM season to get some experience, maybe win a national championship if your talented and a bit luckey, then get expert status.
Dwire for sure will help ANYONE provided you dont come off as an asshat, as will I. I have seen him give alot of advice and hands on help to many a rider. THat goes for myself too. If you have been around JGP or even CMP this past weekend, i had people sometimes more than a few, coming over and asking about track info (of which i had little as it was my first time), tire info, suspension help, just shooting the shit in general.. The ONLY time i said "come back in 15 minutes" was when getting 1st-2nd-3rd call for my races, and even then i sometimes was giving advice while putting my helmet on.
SO.. just to clarify.. nobody said AM riders aren't worth spit, just the oposite. We need riders to help the sport grow, and that is why Dwire, myself and many other faster riders bend over backwards to help out the new riders..we were once there too. We never disputed there are not GREAT races in AM classes either, just AM riders should not be PAID. You want money..get out of the AM class, and get expert status!
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

hdpromos

Jason, you just don't get it. May I suggest that you look up amateur in the dictionary. The average time for most amateurs to remain (amateurs) is no more than 2 years. You seem to have found a home :cheers:! The Florida Region does not pay cash to amateurs but they do get the normal CCS contingency awards . All cash purses go to the experts, as well they should. You don't have to worry about even running amateur UNGP as we don't offer that class! And that's because we don't want to "stink-up" our main event :thumb:!

HD

LilJayRR

Quote from: MELK-MAN on April 17, 2008, 04:15:25 PM
honda60071 - LilJayRR
you have to know what "logic" is first, you have again put words in my mouth. Go back..read. USING YOUR LOGIC .. is what i said. If you need me to explain this i can. NOBODY bashed anyone, or the AM group as a whole. Some of us have simply stated that AM should NOT be paid. ANd for those that think the AMA is the only "pro" group.. your wrong. Expert status is a "pro" status as it allows riders to compete at regional or national events for Manufac. contingency money..that can add up to TENS of thousands of dollars. THis is a big deal, and some expert riders (that do NO ama events) make a living chasing contingency dollars. Money also comes in the form of product contingency and purse money for races.. and i will say it again, I do not think AM riders should be paid purse money. Do the AM season to get some experience, maybe win a national championship if your talented and a bit luckey, then get expert status.
Dwire for sure will help ANYONE provided you dont come off as an asshat, as will I. I have seen him give alot of advice and hands on help to many a rider. THat goes for myself too. If you have been around JGP or even CMP this past weekend, i had people sometimes more than a few, coming over and asking about track info (of which i had little as it was my first time), tire info, suspension help, just shooting the shit in general.. The ONLY time i said "come back in 15 minutes" was when getting 1st-2nd-3rd call for my races, and even then i sometimes was giving advice while putting my helmet on.
SO.. just to clarify.. nobody said AM riders aren't worth spit, just the oposite. We need riders to help the sport grow, and that is why Dwire, myself and many other faster riders bend over backwards to help out the new riders..we were once there too. We never disputed there are not GREAT races in AM classes either, just AM riders should not be PAID. You want money..get out of the AM class, and get expert status!

See there you go again... you say one thing, then turn right back around and give a back handed remark.. "I'm not saying you aren't worth spit, you just aren't worth any $'s'. is all you are saying... I never said you weren't a nice guy, I'm sure you are.  I just dont agree that AM's don't deserve any kind of reward for any of the hard work/time/money they put in.  My point is the EX class already has more/higher $'s payout, contengency, manufacture money etc.. and not to take away from what little is already given to the AM's, just to give experts a few more $'s.

If you want more at the top it has to starts at the bottom.. The more AM's that make it to EX and stay in the sport better it would be for everyone involed. So you have to help the AM's and one way to do that is to have some payouts. I dont think they should be as much as EX but I do think they are deserved. The current system for AM's works well as far as I'm concerned, and obviously by CCS as well..

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

LilJayRR

Quote from: hdpromos on April 17, 2008, 04:49:17 PM
Jason, you just don't get it. May I suggest that you look up amateur in the dictionary. The average time for most amateurs to remain (amateurs) is no more than 2 years. You seem to have found a home :cheers:! The Florida Region does not pay cash to amateurs but they do get the normal CCS contingency awards . All cash purses go to the experts, as well they should. You don't have to worry about even running amateur UNGP as we don't offer that class! And that's because we don't want to "stink-up" our main event :thumb:

HD

So what was that remark supposed to really mean?.... This goes right back to my original point... Its nice to see what some of you EX think about AM's... Forgetting that you once were one of us.

Just because we haven't made it to expert status means we arent worthy of smelling your exhaust...  :finger:

If anyone is acting like a asshat it is you by your comment. I know what the definition of a professional is and amature for that matter. My point isnt that we deserve more payout, it is that we do deserve what we already get or dont get for that matter. If AM's dont get a payout or even able to run UNGP in FL region I dont have a problem with that, I'm not arguing that they should. I dont agree that what they do get should be taken away and given to the EX. Which is what my original point was.

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

quicktoy

OMG SHUT UP EVERYONE. I am an am and agree with Greg, that the money should go to the fastest riders of the weekend, not the fastest ams and then the fastest Experts.  I simply had a question...WHAT IS THE PAYOUT for each, thats all. if you wanna bicker go threadjack someone elses thread.  good lord can someone answer the question before anymore of this dribble comes out.
My return as an Amateur

hdpromos

Amateur: "one who does something for pleasure, not for pay". Sorry Quicktoy for getting away from your question. Why not just e-mail Eric at CCS and he will give you the correct answer. It doesn't look like you're going to get it here.

HD

CCS243

Unlimited Grand Prix payouts were explained in the license mailer, which included the ASRA and Team Challenge payouts.

http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2008/misc/08%20license%20maile%20v2%20.pdf

For those in a rush:

2008 CCS UNLIMITED GP CONTINGENCY
1st  $ 200   6th $ 75
2nd $ 150   7th $ 75
3rd  $ 125   8th $ 75
4th  $ 100   9th $ 75
5th  $ 90    10th $ 75

At ASRA/CCS events, the ULGP contingency is not paid, it is a points only event.  ULGP is an CCS not an ASRA event.  We do not preclude their participation, but prevent their "cherry picking" the dollars, as they have the opportunity to compete for their own contingency.

Affilliates may and do decide to vary from the standard of CCS in their regions.

104fahl

Quote from: r1owner on April 17, 2008, 02:12:03 PM
I think AM's should stay at trackdays.

How's it going Scott?  I thought you hated trackdays?  :err:   
I can't become an expert by doing trackdays.

MELK-MAN

Scott..they mail you a check.
Jason Gibbons. YOU just dint get it, i got it along time ago. As HD indicated, you seem to have found a home among the AM class, and the $$ that are paid to the AM riders (for whatever reason i have no idea) will discourage you from going expert. I agree with you.. the day they quit paying AM riders in ULGP the sport will surely disintegrate. Good luck with AM riding, the guys that your racing with now will likely go expert soon and learn alto more that you will. For you to continue spouting off that myself or anyone that posted in this thread has ANY disdain for the AM riders is ludicrous. NOWHERE did i or ANYONE say ANYTHING condescending about the AM class (well, other than HD explaining that he does not want AM riders stinking up the ULGP in the FL region, but that is just HD)..i suggest you learn to read posts before getting uppity.
AT SOME POINT you will understand just how silly it is to think AM riders should earn purse money when there are expert classes at the same event.

Quote from: hdpromos on April 17, 2008, 05:26:09 PM
Amateur: "one who does something for pleasure, not for pay". HD
THis is gonna become my new signature line.. 8)
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Eric Kelcher

Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

hdpromos

For those that are interested, CCS/Florida pays a $2,000. cash purse to Expert Unlimited GP ("Shoot-Out") as follows:

1. $600.
2. $350.
3. $250.
4. $200.
5. $175.
6. $105.
7. $95.
8. $85.
9. $75.
10. $65.

For Expert GTO, GTU & GT Lights, the cash purse is $500. to each class as follows:

1. $200.
2. $115
3. $75.
4. $60.
5. $50.

HD