Unlimited grand prix payouts

Started by quicktoy, April 16, 2008, 05:52:23 PM

ScubaSteve

Quote from: ahastings on April 22, 2008, 11:53:52 AM
One thing you might be forgetting Jason, we know where you are coming from as we were all AM once. I would like to see roadracing be more like motocross which is my background. The am. and novice classes were for trophies and the expert classes were for cash based on the number of entries and no trophies.

Exactly! I was a motocrosser also. In Florida they would give you the option cash or trophy.

AM's shouldn't get paid!! You'll understand when you go EX.

Man i have to start checking out this board more often. Oh all the FL guys are Aholes not just HD :biggrin:
Steve

CCS FL

ScubaSteve

Quote from: MELK-MAN on April 17, 2008, 01:35:39 PM

Like Dwire said, the ULGP expert event in FL is a showcase.. best talent, on the best bikes they can get on the track.

hmmm does that count when I raced the SV in it
Steve

CCS FL

MWT Racing 254

I won the Am purse at CMP for the Unl GP race...$200 whole dollars...
My costs:
Fuel- RV $500, Bikes- $100
Tools- like $50
Tires- 2 sets each bike- $1376
Bikes- Ducati 1098S with extras- $24000, freshin up 2005 GSXR 1k- $650
Food- $400 (I eat ALOT!)
Equipment- new leathers (crashed the s#it out of my old ones) $1500
Entry fees- like $400 plus gate fee
Total- $28,976 out of MY pocket, by MY choice...
Winnings- $200
Net- -$28,776 boy this racing thing is good business!
And your whining about AM's taking YOUR purse, I dare you to beat my yearly race budget for CCS/GNCC- ATV and Bike/ AGP for a 3 rider team...all to have some fun! Because only about 10 to 15% of the guys out there actually make enough money to break even, let alone make money at this...Melk-man I saw your ur set up, nice, hope you make money at this stuff, if not I hope your at least enjoying yourself, not knocking any experts out there, I was a Pro motocrosser/gncc/enduro racer for 12 years and new to roadracing, I had great sponsors that help offset my costs, and actually made money at it for 2 years...bottom line, this sport is expensive, most love it so much we ignore the costs or choose to rationalize them somehow...but to be so arrogent to state that AM's don't deserve any $ for their efforts is BS, without the AM's out their trying to become experts, there simply would not be a series for you experts to run! So appreciate the AM's they are the reason these series exist! Look at the attendance numbers guys!

Dennis CCS AM # 254

hdpromos

Dennis. Your words are spoken like a true amateur in every sense of the word :thumb:! Sounds like you've been at that classification a while and plan on being there for a while longer :jerkoff:

HD

r1owner

I am amazed at the number of AM's that have multiple bikes.

honda60071

between tires and gas I can only afford one!
Shawn

djduc748l

Tell you what HD, being my next race at Summit will be only my 6th or 7th race weekend ever, If I do well, and fully expect to, i will write CCS requesting to get bumped to Expert based on my current performance index and race experience in off road events, so i can come join the almighty Experts in your quest for fame and fortune!!! LOL, looks like my dirt bike skills are finally gonna get put to use! What classes do you run HD? I'll go build a couple more bikes so we can "hang" out...Just kidding, don't get your panties in a bunch, I'm not into trash talking, I ride and race for fun, and good clean, safe competition...after breaking my back, and right foot to pieces, I feel lucky to be riding at all...Its a sport we all love and are all passionate about, lets help it grow, which someone earlier said, it needs more outside sponsorship from companies like mine, I help sponsor 2 local off road series with payouts and trophys for kids...as they ARE the future of our sport...so step up, and go talk to business owners and get them infected with our sport! Invite them to a track day with YOU, get them involved, and you'll be amazed at the results!
HD, I wish you a successful, safe season, and if all goes well, I'll hopefully see you at a starting line soon...
Maybe my company (Teterboro R.A.M.S. LLC) and a few of my sponsors will pony up a CASH purse for a select "EXPERT"  race at Summit Point's Festival of Speed...let me contact CCS and get the details!

xoxo
Dennis
Remember...have fun and enjoy every second! Life is to precious to take for granted!

djduc748l

Read my post on Rules and Reg's...talk is cheap...actions get r done!
Personally HD, I hope you ride a Supertwin based on your initials, my sponsor will probably want that class with their name on it, as do I...
Remember...have fun and enjoy every second! Life is to precious to take for granted!

Garywc

I wanna know who these people are who think they are going to make a living club racing
because they sure as shit cant do math
i don't think the extra amateur purse money is going to help

and Dennis I think that HD is his initials not the bike he rides
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

hdpromos

Dennis, your experience in professional racing in other forms of this sport have obviously helped you in road racing. Your results prove it and I would think that you will make a fine expert next year. I think you should finish this year as amateur, try to win the regional and national championships and go expert next year. I think our only "beef" is about paying amateurs. Good luck to ya.

HD

fatboy122

HD is the Fl roadracing series promoter..he doesnt race anymore but was pretty good back in the day..He knows what he's talking about even if striking a nerve in the process..on another note, i dont like hearing a bunch of crying about amatuer purse money from guys with multiple bikes, huge trailers, and stacks of new tires laying around..last year i ran the cheapest season possible while winning a couple races along the way and didnt bitch about purse money one time..i wish some would race for the love of the sport..

ScubaSteve

Quote from: fatboy122 on April 24, 2008, 01:04:11 PM
HD is the Fl roadracing series promoter..he doesnt race anymore but was pretty good back in the day..He knows what he's talking about even if striking a nerve in the process..on another note, i dont like hearing a bunch of crying about amatuer purse money from guys with multiple bikes, huge trailers, and stacks of new tires laying around..last year i ran the cheapest season possible while winning a couple races along the way and didnt bitch about purse money one time..i wish some would race for the love of the sport..

Couldn't agree more! Hell I always had just 1 bike except for 2 weekends
Steve

CCS FL