The Official Gingerman Trash Talk Thread

Started by grasshopper, September 29, 2006, 02:47:31 PM

benprobst

ehhhh. Again with the dawn of "new" DOT's they dont work much better in the rain than the slicks. If im not mistaken people used to get away with running them as intermediates like the pilot powers, but now any time your cornering your footprint is almost exactly like a slick. But i suppose if push came to shove I would take the DOTs.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

weggieman

Well Guy...........I don't know that this puts you in the winners circle for the Mr. Potato Head Award but it certainly does put you in the running.............. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :cheers:

EX_#76

Quote from: weggieman on October 09, 2006, 10:19:45 PM
Well Guy...........I don't know that this puts you in the winners circle for the Mr. Potato Head Award but it certainly does put you in the running.............. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :cheers:

Ed thinks it is a shoe in.  I think if you get the video of Brian's crash he could win just because of the visual impact and entertainment factor.

I am happy to be ok, but it was a very expensive weekend.  Did I mention that there is only about 3 spots on my body that does not hurt.  I needed to try the sympathy angle  LOL
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

grasshopper

Do you need a hug Guy? If so K3 is your man. He will bear hug you so you won't feel anything anymore.

:lmao:

EX_#76

You can always count on your racen buddies to kick you in the ribs when you are sore :wah: :kicknuts: :finger:
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76

Plarposaurus Wrecks

Quote from: benprobst on October 09, 2006, 08:27:54 PM
ehhhh. Again with the dawn of "new" DOT's they dont work much better in the rain than the slicks. If im not mistaken people used to get away with running them as intermediates like the pilot powers, but now any time your cornering your footprint is almost exactly like a slick. But i suppose if push came to shove I would take the DOTs.

As I said, DOTs are much nicer than slicks when you're at speed down a straight and have to grab the anchors.

Ask me how I know. :)

EX_#76

Quote from: Plarposaurus Wrecks on October 10, 2006, 10:40:44 AM
As I said, DOTs are much nicer than slicks when you're at speed down a straight and have to grab the anchors.

Ask me how I know. :)

And the slicks can come unglued when the bike is upright...  ask me I know :)
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76

Plarposaurus Wrecks

SV88

So, should I go for DOTs or Intermediate tires (Dunlop Qual, Pilot Powers, Pirelli Supercorsas)?  Next year.  I'm impressed with my Quals which have 4 track days and 4 race weekends.  No real slippage ever -very predictable.  I suspect that the tires aren't limiting my progression to shorter lap times anyway.  I'll be running SS, SB, ST and F40 LW next year.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

benprobst

Its tough to say for sure not knowing your pace. The street tires work really well in the cool weather and you can go plenty fast on them in the dry(i won a race on them in the dry(cold) and it sounds like grasshopper had some sucess on them in the dry). However, they are a bit proned to overheating, as well as giving significantly less feedback than the race tires. A few weekends ago at the wera national I ran the intermediates on a half wet/green track I was able to get within a second or two of my race times but they were inconsistent and I had very little confidence in the sweepers on the front end especially. I would say buy a set of each and try them back to back if possible, then figure out which you like better and if the race tires are worth the money.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

dylanfan53

Can we please get back to trash talking Guy?   :pop:   :biggrin:
Don Cook
CCS #53

barb_arah

Lesson for this year Em Jay. Never let Dave Vaughn ride your motorcycle in Michigan. He will crash it.

I have a better lesson:  When Guy asks to borrow your car, to go to the hospital for stitches, DON'T DO IT!!   I luv you, Guy!
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.