Brian Hall's Status from University of Kansas Medical Hospital

Started by J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp, April 27, 2008, 10:59:03 PM

Team_Serpent

I'm just learning of this, so sorry to hear

We will say a prayer tonight for Brian and his family.

I'm ready to help with anything you guys need.

Jason, if I'm not posting to late and you still need a ride just PM me and let me know.

Jason and Jim Temme
Serpent Racing

DanO966

Hey Brian...Heal up buddy...I'm sorry to hear.  I was on the phone with Jason today to get up to speed on what happened...
If you need anything just let me know!!!
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

kl3640

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and our thoughts are with the Hall's during this difficult time.

J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp

Sorry about not updating today.
I just got home & man what a long day that was. I took all of Brian's stuff back to his dads place and Paul Krause (A.J. Krause's dad) gave me a ride home with the trailer we need to repair.. Thanks for all the invites of taking me home from Mike's house. Your support for Brian, his family, and I have been awesome. You guys rock. Thanks to everyone for all the offers so far.

I do have more updates to announce.
Well Brian went into surgery this late morning / early afternoon. After inspecting the damage again in his bottom end (what I will now call it for future referance) They determinded that he has severe damage down there & it will take more time & attention that previously thought.
He is required to stay in hospital care for 1-2 more weeks. He is far from home right now and his family is currently trying to have him transported to a local hospital in their area to make it easier on them.
They are aranging this to possibly happen by this weekend hopefully. It will be too hard to move him home in the condition that he is in.
He has a new boot on his left foot to stabilize his ankle injury on his left ankle which is very heavliy sprained.
His right leg is in a surgical cast that will be removed in 2 weeks to remove stitches then a new cast will be put on. He is not to put any weight on his ankle for 12 weeks! They need to make sure it heels properly.

His bottom end is in pretty bad shape but should in time heal properly and I will leave it at that. No other internal injuries, just a very sore back and completely bruised body.
Plain & simple he is lucky to be alive if you ask me. I'm glad he didn't go in head first.
Brian is being a trooper about it. Once the meds are weened off the pain will set in and its going to be a hard few months for sure.

I left today at 10am or so & I just got home. Honestly it was hard to leave him & his family there. I was there for them as much I could be. I couldn't help but cry for the first hour or so when I left driving home. I feel very bad for him & his pain he is in.
I pray that he makes a full recovery and can return doing what him & his father love doing.

I'm going down to his place in the next week or so with some friends before he gets home & making ramps for his stairs at his house so he can manuver a wheel chair much easier.  If anyone is interested in helping out in this let me know. I'll let everyone know when I'll be going down there to do that.
I'll post a few more pics I have from today. I'll get some pics of the bike tomorrow to put up too.
Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

Super Dave

Quote from: roadrashroeser on April 29, 2008, 06:41:15 PM
Brian, feeling your pain here in Chicago let me know if you or your Dad need anything. Heel up and get that bone builder from Rosno it works. Get better quick, want to race you with your old bike.
Roeser
Bone stuff...
http://www.seacoastvitamins.com/product_info.php?products_id=803

Does work.

Brian, heal up.  We need Audi's to look at and a target on the track.   :biggrin:
Super Dave

race6r

I hope you have a speedy recovery, and our thoughts and prayers are with brian and his family during this time of healing, hope to see you at the track in the near future.  :biggrin:

Rich

Rich
CCS EX GP 179
www.greenlawnracing.com
caferacerinc.com, TC Concepts, Extreme Cycle, Pit Bull, Vortex, Chickenhawk, XT Racing

APP_Racing

Hope to be in KC in the next week or two for business and would like to stop by if he can have visitors?  Is there anything that the family needs that we can send or do?
A Dean
APP Racing LLC
St. Louis, MO
314-757-0364

Donate today!
www.redflagfund.org/

Jeff

Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

Team_Serpent

Quote from: J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp on April 30, 2008, 02:11:55 AM

I'm going down to his place in the next week or so with some friends before he gets home & making ramps for his stairs at his house so he can manuver a wheel chair much easier.  If anyone is interested in helping out in this let me know. I'll let everyone know when I'll be going down there to do that.

Yes, please let us know, would like to help

07CBR600RR

Hope for a speedy recovery Brian from everyone at TSR (Topeka Sport Riders). Let us know if you need anything.

russ1962

Any updates on Brian's condition?  Jason, thanks for the info.

Russ Intravartolo
Russ W. Intravartolo, EX #47
mailto:rintravartolo@yahoo.com