News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Brian Hall's Status from University of Kansas Medical Hospital

Started by J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp, April 27, 2008, 10:59:03 PM

spyderchick

This would be a good place to mention that any time is the best time to donate blood.

Hang in there Brian and all of the Hall clan. We're thinking 'bout ya every day!
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

r1owner

Good to hear... I've been worried ever since you said complications...

That's a great reminder Alexa to give blood!  I've been the recipient of blood before and although it kinda weirded me out to know I had someone elses blood, I was grateful that someone gave.

J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp

Lastest news!
The bike Brian was riding had a fully equipt Data Acquisition System on it. It was believed to be broke from the crash. We were just able to retrieve the data from it.
After studying the data we realized that there is a bump in the track which made the front forks compress approx 43mm in .19 of a second. After he hit the bump the forks extended which caused a loss of traction from less weight over the front tire. The tire then started locking up which caused it to tuck sideways and he went down.
According to the data he slid 238 ft after the front brake lever contacted the ground. When the bike hit the wall it was going 116.8 mph. We lost data after that because from the impact to the wiring harness it tore out the power & ground wires in a tiny harness.
We were able to reconnect the wires and retrive the data from the logger.

Here is a picture you can click on to see the data we have. I saved the screen to show the speed he was going when he hit the wall. Brian was 5-10 ft behind the bike the whole way to the wall.
As you can see he hit it very very fast. From the time the bike hit the ground to impact it only took 1.5 seconds.
I am still reviewing the data tonight to see what else I can find.

The data shows a normal lap on the bottom set of data on each row. The lap he crashed was the top set of #'s.
Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

Andi

I am shocked everytime I read this thread. I am going to make a donation first thing in the morning. I have to get the kids in bed now because they are driving me nuts!!! If possible could I get one of the stickers mailed to me for my bike? I will gladly pay all postage and any other expenses to cover it.

extrakt0r

I was down @ KU today on other business and stopped by Brian's...But he was gone. He has been transfered back to his home area. This is great becuase they would not transfer him unless he was stable. Jason, let us know when Brian makes it back home and how he is.
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

Brian has been transfered to Barrrington yesterday. I will get the info on that place so you can visit him there if you would like.
Sorry I was away from my computer yesterday so I couldn't update.
I'll let you know by tomorrow morning the new info.

He is in stable condition and is feeling better little by little.

Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

Brian is located at:
Good Shepard Hospital
450 W. IL-22 #1
Barrington, IL

Phone # there is (847) 381-9237
This is not his direct room # just the main desk #.
If you have his cell phone # you are welcome to give him a call. It might help him pass some time.

He is doing much better and will be able to go home in about a week?

Spooner

Awesome news!  He will be back to kicking my ass in no time!
CCS Expert #172
'04 R6

FTFRacing

Thanks for all the updates Jason, please let me know if i can help or do anything.
I just talked to Brian, i'm going to try and see him this Wednesday.
Thanks again!

Team_Serpent

Went to see Brian last night, he's actually in pretty good spirits considering his painfull condition and the long road of recovery ahead.  There are still some unknowns when it comes to a full recovery but he is in good physical condition and has age on his side.

He and his family really appreciate everyone's prayers and well wishes.  Keep pulling for him as he needs all the support he can get.

I would like to thank everyone for all their support this weekend at Blackhawk Farms with their donations to help Brian & his family. We raised over $500 on Saturday through donations.

If anyone else would like to donate to Brian Hall I will send you a sticker for $5 mailed to your house. Send me a PM with your address information. Send the $5 or more donation to the Red Flag Fund. I believe you can also send via paypal. I will get the info on this tomorrow & post it up.

I talked to Mike today and he says Brian is doing good. He might possibly be let out of the hospital later this coming week. He is able to use crutches possibly so the building ramp project might not have to happen. He will use crutches to get into & out of the house but would use a wheelchair in the house.
He's finally able to eat solid foods again. He also has a couple more procedures to do with his lower region yet.

The leg/ankle surgery cast will be removed checked & replaced with a hard cast after inspection. He will have 10 more weeks with that on.

I'll give more updates tomorrow.

Thanks again for all your support,
Jason

Just talked to Brian tonight. His spirits are very well for sure. He wishes he was out racing at Blackhawk Farms this past weekend.   ::)
It is possible that he might be going home at the end of the week as long as he can handle getting his checkups done without getting put under.

He wanted to say thanks to everyone who donated to help him & his family.
He is looking forward to getting home as he has been in the hospital for 15 days and has only been home for 3 days in the past month since we were gone racing.

He is having a hard time laying on his back at all. He was able to lay on his back the first week in the hospital but now as the pain killers are taken away he can only lay on his side. His sides are very sore from laying on them and he can't wait to be up and mobile again. It will be awhile before he can do that.

He walks for a short bit 3 times a day with his crutches and is currently learning how to go up & down steps on them. Going down is pretty challenging for him. He says he is going to be a strong trooper and wants to ride again if his body will let him. Its going to be a long road to recovery for him but knowing Brian he will stay tough through it all.
I might be going down to see him on Wednesday or Thursday to visit him. I'll take some updated photos and give more news when I get there.