News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Brian Hall's Status from University of Kansas Medical Hospital

Started by J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp, April 27, 2008, 10:59:03 PM

J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp

New update: I just got off the phone with Mara. She said its maybe possible for him to get transfered closer to home by this weekend to Barrington area near Schaumburg, IL.
He will take visitors if anyone want to see him but please call first before going to make sure he is not in surgery or sleeping. He will be going in again for surgery or check up on his bowel area again tomorrow sometime.
His direct room # is (913) 588-5102. They are taking phone calls if you would like to call him.
Please no calls after 8:30pm or before 9am as he needs rest and visitation time is over then anyways.

He should be getting an ambulance ride back home when he goes back.
I have had many offers of help for building ramps for his steps at his house. I'm thinking possibly next week sometime to have this done. I'll let you all know when as I get more time to free up from my crazy busy schedule.

Mara also said full recovery time is around 6 months and that the pain is really kicking in today and he is very sore and out of it. He doesn't get much sleep at night as they still check up on him all night long.

If anyone wants to contact me send me an email at: speedtechracing@yahoo.com or call my cell phone at (920) 216-0780.
Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

extrakt0r

I just left KU. Visited with Brian for about an hour. He is in good spirits and mentally is 100% there. I wont go into all the details, as Jason has done a great job doing that. Looks like he will be heading back home Friday.
Mike Simone
CCS/ASRA Great Plains EX #619
www.teamsimoneracing.com

2005 CCS AM Unlimited GP Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperBike Champion
2005 CCS AM Unlimited SuperSport Champion

cbirk

Team-G

Brian, heal up fast Buddy!!!  We're thinking of you, Mike, and Mara as well.  If you need anything when you get back in town let us know.  Why do I get the feeling you'll be checking out wheelchair racing until you can get back on that ankle again?

silent

I am working tonight, so I plan on swinging by to check in on him and make sure he doesn't need anything.  He has people at the hospital 24/7 worried about him. 

weggieman

Damn! I just found out since I was out of town until last night.

Brian, take your time and heal well. Wish I could help in some way to ease your pain but all I can do is say a prayer that you're still with us and the injuries are'nt any worse than they are.

I'll be in touch and when you're feeling a little better and want to get out of the house we'll come down and dinner is on us.

Mike......I know you were scared when this happened. I wish I could have been there for you but know that our thoughts and prayers go out to you and the rest of the family as well.

I don't know what I can do up here in Milwaukee but if there is anything, please let me know.

Maduro Mistress

I just heard today too after stopping in at Jasons... My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. I saw the pieces from his bike and the damage it took. I can't imagine the toll on the human body... I don't know Brian, only by reputation, but from what I hear he's a heck of a guy! Wishing a speedy recovery.

I hope it's okay that I post this - the forks from his bike. It shows the force of how hard he hit.

scottg22

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery Brian !

Scott Greenwood

catman

Jeff

Did Catman just give Mistress the clap?  Wow. where has this thread gone?!?
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp

Latest news:
I have just set up a donation to get Brian home thread. Read about it on the Racing Discussion page.

Brian is currently in PT. He is trying to sit up & get on his feet with a walker. He has one more check up on his bowel later today where he will get put under for one last time for awhile hopefully. He is in a lot of pain still and they have changed his medication to help that a little bit. He feels very weak & tired as his body is trying to heal from the shock.

More updates to follow later this afternoon.

Also: I will have a bunch of little 69 stickers made up for anyone at Blackhawk next weekend if they want them for their bikes. Were running them on our team bikes.
Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

ronhix

Quote from: J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp on May 01, 2008, 01:08:25 PMAlso: I will have a bunch of little 69 stickers made up for anyone at Blackhawk next weekend if they want them for their bikes. Were running them on our team bikes.

Absolutely.  Thank you!
Ron Hix
Hix Racing #975

2010 Partners - Hawkeye Superbikes - Trackdaystore.com - Dunlop - Ohlins - Arai - Woodcraft - Armour Bodies - Ayden Lee Leathers - Vesrah - SIDI - GP Tech - NESBA - CLSB