Unlimited grand prix payouts

Started by quicktoy, April 16, 2008, 05:52:23 PM

kl3640

Quote from: r1owner on May 06, 2008, 11:06:19 PM
Yeah, those were the days.... raking in the contingency AND the $$$.... LOL!

Like Melka said... we were all AM's once!

Personally, I really don't care... I'm out there to have a good time and hopefully have a good race with some people and not get in anyone's way.

I should also say that no one mentioned I was on a Suzuki... please forgive my transgressions....

Too bad they don't pay you contingency for your coding efforts :)

r1owner

I'm still waiting on the dude from Westhold to get their website with laptimes up.  I'm thinking he was a little optimistic in his estimate! ;)

backMARKr

NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

naya the dingo

Sorry man, I tried to read your whole post but the ADD kicked in.  I pay $80 for UnlGP, I am pretty sure some of that money goes towards the payout.
Lory Shifflett
CCS Ex. 270
WERA Ex. 271

kl3640

Quote from: naya the dingo on May 07, 2008, 10:50:15 AM
Sorry man, I tried to read your whole post but the ADD kicked in.  I pay $80 for UnlGP, I am pretty sure some of that money goes towards the payout.

In Summary:

1) If any of us AM's are not happy about UNL GP payouts, then don't race them, as there is really not much of a concept of "prestige" at the AM level anyway.  Race the other non-payout races for the practice, which we do ANYWAY with so many other races.  So we're not really missing out by not racing this one, if the payout situation bothers us so much.

2) The fast EX's are REQUIRED to spend WAY more dough to race at that level than any AM at a similar level within AM, so they should have more payout available to them.

3) The fastest EX's are NOT arrogant and do NOT look down their noses at the rest of us.  They are amongst the most helpful, friendliest bunch of dudes in the pits, period, so whoever accused them of arrogance doesnt' know them at all and should apologize for writing those things about them.

4) HD knows what's best for promoting a series like this, and when someone else has his experience in this sport and argues that AM payouts should equal EX payouts, then maybe I'll listen to that argument.

kl3640

Quote from: r1owner on May 07, 2008, 12:25:55 AM
I'm still waiting on the dude from Westhold to get their website with laptimes up.  I'm thinking he was a little optimistic in his estimate! ;)

I owe him a transponder report from JGP today anyway, so I'll rib him about that a little bit.  I know that they're also working on some other cool projects, including the handhelds and boot-mounted transponders for riders with multiple bikes so that they don't have to worry about swapping the transponders.

d-wire

where's the "clapping "emoticon?
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

Xian_13

Did it really need to take 10 pages, to get the simplest point across?

XIII
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

karls

kl3640 - very well stated, and couldn't agree more!  As an AM I have pitted with some of the faster EX (guess you have to be pretty fast to have a #1 plate), have been given advice, loaned tools and parts, have seen and been the recipient of the generosity from these fast EX.  I also know what it takes to win AM races and have seen what it takes to win EX races.  Not even close to the same league of cost and preparation.  Keep the payouts where they belong - in the EX class with the fastest riders.

kl3640

karls, if you're the dude who won a lot @ JGP this weekend, good job.  If not, then I still appreciate your fried chicken and the invention of the pressure cooker :)

And to the other AM's who dissed the fast EX's in this thread without reading or comprehending what they were trying to communicate, I suggest that you apologize here, publicly, to them.  Disagreement is one thing, but to insult them like that when everyone elses' experiences are to the contrary is flat out wrong.

And to the EX's, PLEASE don't think that all AM's feel that you're arrogant.  Most of us really appreciate the track-mentorship that you provide, and look forward to racing at your level one of these days, so don't hold it against all of us because of a few people who don't want to understand your perspective.

hamurobby

Quote from: karls on May 07, 2008, 04:38:34 PM
kl3640 - very well stated, and couldn't agree more!  As an AM I have pitted with some of the faster EX (guess you have to be pretty fast to have a #1 plate), have been given advice, loaned tools and parts, have seen and been the recipient of the generosity from these fast EX.  I also know what it takes to win AM races and have seen what it takes to win EX races.  Not even close to the same league of cost and preparation.  Keep the payouts where they belong - in the EX class with the fastest riders.

You are going to be one fast expert Karl  :biggrin: 8)
Waldo, the first cat of Jennings gp.. I miss you, rip buddy.