Unlimited grand prix payouts

Started by quicktoy, April 16, 2008, 05:52:23 PM

Helmsman

Quote from: skipper08 on June 20, 2008, 03:54:13 PM
you have said nothing in this post sorry.
couple of things, bc i cant affort a second bike does not mean an expert spends more money than a amateur. then you can not include things like trailer, personal expenses(hotel, food or anything like that)
why do i say that well because just like an expert a amteur has to spend on those things.
so becuase there is an expert that has a trailer and i dont, that does not mean that he spends more money than i do.
i can keep on going with examples but it makes no sence if no one is willing to be open minded.

Its simple really.  In order to be a top level expert rider you have to be faster then a top level am rider...correct?  What does it takes to go faster?  It takes more tires, it takes built motors, built motors don't last very long before they need TLC, it takes more gas, etc.

karls

Gus - another way to look at it is, in AM you can be very competitive on a bike that is a couple of years old, stock or minorly improved suspension, stock motor, pump gas, running take offs.  There is no way that you could be running near the front in expert with that equipment.  If you want to run near the front in expert you will spend more $$, in AM you can choose to spend the money, but not always necessary.

djduc748l

I should keep biting my tounge...but...Bullshit! Melka...Expert right? big bucks, nice rig bikes, leathers, etc, talked alot of crap earlier in this post about how underserving we inferior AM's are of any payout...then someone earlier said that you need better this more that, blah, blah, blah...I'm an AM, racing a STONE STOCK bike with Pirelli's and ran faster laps than half the CCS experts, finishing as high as 6th overall on track during one race, with a best lap of 1:33:7 in the Heavyweight Superbike race...so there goes that theory...by the way, I ran the same set of tires on each of my bikes all weekend and my times were consistant 34-36's thru traffic (shit grid spots)...this is nothing more than childish jealousy...the AM's are not taking money away from your purses, your purses still suck compared to what you and your sponsors spend for a quality effort...ours just suck MORE! By the way, I hate VIR! The facilities are AWESOME, I just hate the track layout...it just doesn't flow...creamed the shit out of my pegs and bodywork just about every turn...hmmmm, maybe its time i spend some money getting my suspension set up for my 250+ lb ass! NOT! Just ride guys, enjoy it for what it is...pure adrenaline!
Peace!
Remember...have fun and enjoy every second! Life is to precious to take for granted!

Sobottka

sometimes its better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and prove it.
all you guys are right... experts think ams are stupid, ams spend just as much as experts, experts are jealous of am payouts and i wasted my money on suspension...shit!!!  this is like trying to explain to the deaf what music sounds like or trying to tell the blind what green looks like... maybe i'm the fool for continuing to read this drivel from all these inferior ams i'm just jealous of        
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

MELK-MAN

Agreed Rob, and would everyone please read the post just above by KarlS (sums it up in a nutshell)...a few here just dont get it but im sure a whole bunch that have read this do, so I dont think it has been a total waste. To the very fast "AM" rider , I dont think anyone ever said "am riders  are undeserving", just if your that fast and want cash go expert. Yea, there are some am riders that just due to the 1 year/point status allows them to be AM and due to serious talent kick the crap outa 1/2 or more of ALL riders. Look around the paddock, you will see more $$ spent ON AVERAGE - PER RIDER by the white plates than the yellow plates. Comprende?  THis will be on my headstone when i die "i think its gay that AM riders get paid" :kissy:
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

r1owner

Quote from: MELK-MAN on June 24, 2008, 12:18:18 AMHis will be on my headstone when i die "i think its gay that AM riders get paid" :kissy:

Don't worry, I'm sure some undeserving AM will defile your headstone! :)

djduc748l

Look, we all do this because we love it...bottom line...this whole AM/EX fued is really silly...practice in my mind is the single most important thing you can do to improve your skills...both on and off road...my advice to an AM that seems stuck and can't get faster, save your money and spend some time tearing it up on a dirt bike and you'll see how it improves your on track abilities...what I mean is that its not ALL about how much money you spend on this shock or that fuel, I believe its more on the work you put into improving your s k i l l s than how deep your pockets are...everybody has run up against the guy with the monster motor right? crazy fast going in a straight line, then parks it on the inside of every turn...he felt putting all his cash into a 190hp SB motor was the way to go, instead of spending more time learning how to ride the bike faster with the stock 150hp motor...i was guilty of the very same thing...Melk-man, I only used u as an example because of your earlier comments, ur recent ones have a much different tone, I think even u realize we all want to improve and get better and being recognized by CSS and acknowledged by them in this way is just...nice...I took HD Promos advice and will complete this year as an AM, by the way, there are a handful of guys that are making these races a blast in the UNL classes, especially my team mate Larry K, who handed me my ass this weekend! At the beginning of this year I said this would be my last year of racing anything, after 26 years racing, I was burnt out, but this season has been an eye opener, and right now, I cant wait to get my white plates and give it a go next year in the EX class! My headstone will read "too stupid to quit!" Racing is a diesese I hope they never find a cure for!
Remember...have fun and enjoy every second! Life is to precious to take for granted!

MELK-MAN

Quote from: djduc748l on June 24, 2008, 07:55:08 AM
Look, we all do this because we love it...bottom line...this whole AM/EX fued is really silly...practice in my mind is the single most important thing you can do to improve your skills...both on and off road...my advice to an AM that seems stuck and can't get faster, save your money and spend some time tearing it up on a dirt bike and you'll see how it improves your on track abilities...what I mean is that its not ALL about how much money you spend on this shock or that fuel, I believe its more on the work you put into improving your s k i l l s than how deep your pockets are...everybody has run up against the guy with the monster motor right? crazy fast going in a straight line, then parks it on the inside of every turn...he felt putting all his cash into a 190hp SB motor was the way to go, instead of spending more time learning how to ride the bike faster with the stock 150hp motor...i was guilty of the very same thing...Melk-man, I only used u as an example because of your earlier comments, ur recent ones have a much different tone, I think even u realize we all want to improve and get better and being recognized by CSS and acknowledged by them in this way is just...nice...I took HD Promos advice and will complete this year as an AM, by the way, there are a handful of guys that are making these races a blast in the UNL classes, especially my team mate Larry K, who handed me my ass this weekend! At the beginning of this year I said this would be my last year of racing anything, after 26 years racing, I was burnt out, but this season has been an eye opener, and right now, I cant wait to get my white plates and give it a go next year in the EX class! My headstone will read "too stupid to quit!" Racing is a diesese I hope they never find a cure for!

I agree 100% with what you say, and we do all this for fun... I spend way more than i could ever hope to re coupe and have no visions of ever being fast enough to think i could. If i were smart, i would do what your doing. Run more on a budget, but i enjoy having some more expensive stuff multiple bikes, mechanic, etc. (by the way, my setup pales to MANY of the rigs that were there this weekend). That takes nothing away from what you (and many riders for that matter) are doing, and is impressive to say the least on older equipment with less experience.
I am a little disappointed that early posts of mine were taken out of context, retyped in their words to say what some THOUGHT i said and then make it look as if i was saying AM riders are undeserving..This happened with Jason gibbons posts and others and i was not pleased about it.  Please read the posts from the beginning before you form an opinion i ever had intentions of this. It may have been a bit quick to say bluntly that AM riders getting cash is crazy.. but it was my initial thought, and was that way even when i was an AM rider 5 years ago. I never expected cash, never got any (except a few checks from VP for finishing 1st,5th,10th or 15th and buying 10gallons of fuel)..My buddy Scott even posted "i bet you went to some south east races to get UNGP AM money".. nope, never did, and when i found out other regions paid cash for ULGP i was asking "why" even then....
I take allot of pride in giving advice to other riders on this and other forums and trackside. I'm not the fastest rider by any means but am accomplished and think i can offer allot to other riders. I  hope this thread in no way deters riders from doing so in the future. I am in NO WAY above anyone and never thought so.

Quote from: r1owner on June 24, 2008, 12:31:12 AM
Don't worry, I'm sure some undeserving AM will defile your headstone! :)
r1owner.. you have contributed little other than attempting to instigate other AM riders into thinking things were said that were not. The comment above is not appreciated in the least and is downright insulting.

2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

djduc748l

Agreed, we r all in this together, maybe somethings were said out of haste and taken the wrong way, but nothing beats getting or giving advice that helps someone else out!
Good Luck Melk man, I'll probably see u at Barber!

Dennis

ScubaSteve

Quote from: djduc748l on June 24, 2008, 07:55:08 AM
! My headstone will read "too stupid to quit!" Racing is a diesese I hope they never find a cure for!

Mine will read the same! Even after road racing left me as a quadrapelgic! I'm going to race karts
Steve

CCS FL

JBraun

amateurs suck, they shouldn't even let them race.
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

r1owner

Quote from: MELK-MAN on June 24, 2008, 10:19:09 AM
r1owner.. you have contributed little other than attempting to instigate other AM riders into thinking things were said that were not. The comment above is not appreciated in the least and is downright insulting.

Just trying to add a little levity to the situation... sorry you took it as an insult.