Unlimited grand prix payouts

Started by quicktoy, April 16, 2008, 05:52:23 PM

r1owner

To put some relevant material in here....

I think Super Dave has advocated a three tier class structure (I could be wrong about that), but I would be a fan of that.  A true novice class where the riders are the "greenest" and are there to start learning their racecraft.

The second would be more of an AM class where people that don't want to spend the big bucks on the latest bike but want good competition could race.  Maybe there would be some payout of $ for winning or maybe not.  I really don't care.

The third would be the Experts where the most $ (if not all are) and the most competitive dudes could race.

I personally would like to see something like this.

LMsports

Problem is that the grids would be too small to qualify for contingency for the top level. Most riders would probably stay down for a chance of winning rather than step it up. Just look at all the people who try to stay AM longer...
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

r1owner

Quote from: LMsports on June 24, 2008, 12:29:04 PM
Problem is that the grids would be too small to qualify for contingency for the top level. Most riders would probably stay down for a chance of winning rather than step it up. Just look at all the people who try to stay AM longer...

I agree, but if no money was available in the two lower classes, do you think it would be that way?  I don't know.  I guess they'd probably have to combine classes to get a full grid anyway so it could still cause problems with slower riders being in the way (not saying they'd be in my way by any means).

mikendzel

I read the first page, and the last 2 pages, and here's my idea:

EITHER
Split the race into an AM race and an EX race, make the last 2 races of the weekend, make the entry fee $100 and split up all of the entry fees among the competitors.  If 20 bikes entered, that's $2000.00 among say the Top 5-10.

Keep the race combined, raise the fee to $100 and just pay overall.  Run-what-you-brung, no consideration for AM/EX. 
*** And if you place in the Top10, in any of the Combined Purse races as an Amateur, where more than 10 Experts finish the race, you cannot petition to stay Amateur the following year, or even better, you are considered an Expert the next race weekend and forward ***

I like both of those ideas!

roadracer162

Quote from: r1owner on June 24, 2008, 11:58:03 AM
To put some relevant material in here....

I think Super Dave has advocated a three tier class structure (I could be wrong about that), but I would be a fan of that.  A true novice class where the riders are the "greenest" and are there to start learning their racecraft.

The second would be more of an AM class where people that don't want to spend the big bucks on the latest bike but want good competition could race.  Maybe there would be some payout of $ for winning or maybe not.  I really don't care.

The third would be the Experts where the most $ (if not all are) and the most competitive dudes could race.

I personally would like to see something like this.

And the respoonse to that idea was that there is already that structure in ASRA, CCS Expert, and CCS Amateur.

All good thoughts though. I would speculate that the additional cost of the organization would take many of the profits. I really wonder if it is worthwhile (monetarily) for an organization to hold an event. I am glad they still do.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

r1owner

Quote from: roadracer22 on June 24, 2008, 04:31:22 PM
And the respoonse to that idea was that there is already that structure in ASRA, CCS Expert, and CCS Amateur.

All good thoughts though. I would speculate that the additional cost of the organization would take many of the profits. I really wonder if it is worthwhile (monetarily) for an organization to hold an event. I am glad they still do.

Mark

Ah yes, forgot about ASRA, but I guess the only difference would be if no money was paid to the current expert class then.

I hear ya on the costs too with adding a new class, not to mention time constraints to get the event in.

And a big +1 to the series even being held.

Bappe

Quote from: sobottka on May 06, 2008, 03:32:07 PM
it would make my $2200.00 weekend $2000.00  ...."its the principal smokey"  because we (generally) spend more, risk more, have more skill, have more speed, better racing and take this game a little more seriously.
yes you missed somthing ... expert racing i doubt it

Sorry, I know I'll get bashed for this, and its all in fun, but I couldnt resist........tell me how much more money do I have to spend, how much more do i have to risk, how much more skill do I have to get, and how much more serious do i have to be, to get  .046 of a second SLOWER then you?  ;)  If I were you, I'd ask for your money back...:)  LOL  JK, dont brake check me next time.  ;)  I only bring this up because you called me out on it. 
From the mylaps.com website.....

Class: EX

6 49x Rob Sobottka   8  13:05.984  31.208  1:33.315   5  86.031   -   

2 897 Aaron Bappe   8  13:07.866  0.123    1:33.269   8  86.074

Sobottka

i only claim to understand... maybe you dont know but i did spend 6 months last year recovering from a serious ankle injury so i'm not up to speed yet
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Sobottka

Quote from: Bappe on June 25, 2008, 05:42:46 AM

6 49x Rob Sobottka   8  13:05.984  31.208  1:33.315   5  86.031   -   

2 897 Aaron Bappe   8  13:07.866  0.123    1:33.269   8  86.074

if i read this correcty you finished 2 sec behind me?  you cant beat a 1/2 crippled gimped up old man? :lmao:
BTW-  49x >Rob Sobottka <   8 13:39.199 34.083 1:33.184 4 86.152                   you have some work to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

LilJayRR

Quote from: MELK-MAN on June 24, 2008, 10:19:09 AM
I am a little disappointed that early posts of mine were taken out of context, retyped in their words to say what some THOUGHT i said and then make it look as if i was saying AM riders are undeserving..This happened with Jason gibbons posts and others and i was not pleased about it.  Please read the posts from the beginning before you form an opinion i ever had intentions of this. It may have been a bit quick to say bluntly that AM riders getting cash is crazy.. but it was my initial thought, and was that way even when i was an AM rider 5 years ago. I never expected cash, never got any (except a few checks from VP for finishing 1st,5th,10th or 15th and buying 10gallons of fuel)..My buddy Scott even posted "i bet you went to some south east races to get UNGP AM money".. nope, never did, and when i found out other regions paid cash for ULGP i was asking "why" even then....
I have refrained from posting in this thread, but since you 'singled me out', I guess I will.

I dont think I took anything you said 'out of context', it was pretty straight forward IMO when I read them the first time, and re-read them the 2nd,3rd etc...

I understand you point of view, and I dont agree with it.

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

djduc748l

Quote from: ScubaSteve on June 24, 2008, 11:25:51 AM
Mine will read the same! Even after road racing left me as a quadrapelgic! I'm going to race karts

Wow, great attitude! Give um hell!!!
Remember...have fun and enjoy every second! Life is to precious to take for granted!

Bappe

Quote from: sobottka on June 25, 2008, 08:38:42 AM
i only claim to understand... maybe you dont know but i did spend 6 months last year recovering from a serious ankle injury so i'm not up to speed yet

ah shit man, now i feel bad...:) sorry about that.. although i dont know how serious yours was, I might be able to relate...;)  see what you think  lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrgJLJQ-3Yo