NESBA trackday riders place well at CCS / ASRA Road America Races

Started by G 97, July 16, 2007, 04:17:27 PM

251am

Quote from: George_Linhart on July 23, 2007, 11:27:23 AM
2 scoops of vanila ice

Come on George everybody knows Vanilla Ice is a MXer who runs NESBA!    :biggrin:

(and he's a labradoodle breeder)  :lmao:

EM JAY

Quote from: 61Ex on July 23, 2007, 11:39:22 AM

Come on George everybody knows Vanilla Ice is a MXer who runs NESBA!    :biggrin:

(and he's a labradoodle breeder)  :lmao:

For real??   :err:   I knew he raced jet ski's like 15 yrs ago.  Seen him in my hood at the Illinois State Beach Park.    :thumb:
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

Speedballer347

Quote from: EM JAY on July 23, 2007, 12:07:36 PM
I knew he raced jet ski's like 15 yrs ago.

He raises Canadian Lynx's too .... fo real  :wtf:
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

N8Kern

Garth, for us that live far away. I apreciate the seat time.  It payed off.  450lb. BMW's in the 26's and 27's....  could not be done without you having the day for us to prep and get ready.

Cheers,

N8!

J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp

Man where have I been for this thread!! Kick ass Garth! I think this thread has the highest views in a long long time!
Hey don't forget guys that I am also a track day rider too! I didn't learn my racing skills from doing track days I was already an accomplished racer before track days became available.
I now instruct part time for NESBA and I enjoy it very much. Not only do I instruct but I also test & tune my bike during the track days. Testing prior to both Road America rounds this season helped me in so many ways. At both rounds we were able to sort out problems with the bike that would have happened in the middle of the race weekend for me. I am usually the fastest rider at NESBA track days I attend if not in the top bracket of riders when AMA support teams practice. Now yes in the advanced session during NESBA I often catch up to slower riders serveral times per lap. But there are times such as the end of the day when most track day riders either run out of energy / get faster / run out of tires / fuel / or crash so either they are not out there or have gotten faster so I don't catch other riders as quickly where I can run some fast laps where I might not catch anyone in a turn. So my lap times are still pretty darn fast.
Even if I never get an open track I can still work on one turn at a time. Whatever turn might be open for me to fly into. What I can offer my advanced riders is the confidence that they can watch me going as quickly as I do and they can learn from me. I know it works because many riders comment on how when I pass them they learn a few things from what I do.
Plus what I can offer NESBA is helping select riders who ASK me for help on how to get around a certain track or body positioning etc. etc. I personally helped AJ Krause (of yes whom I sponsor at Speed Tech Racing), who dropped his times considerably prior his CCS race at Road America! He won I believe 6 amatuer races and placed in the top 5 4 other times. So yes track days does help and we take advantage of it. Plus I also finished in the top 5 in all my races as and expert against Jeff Wood, Corey West, Robert Jensen, Scott Greenwood & Brian Hall. Mind you I started in the 8th & 11th row in 2 races. Plus I finished 2nd in ASRA Sportbike class & 5th in ASRA Superbike class. Brian Hall my teammate also finished well at Road America. He placed 4th in ASRA Superbike & took home several first place expert finishes. By the way you all he also ran Thursdays NESBA track day too!
I have been racing for over 27 years of my life and roadracing for 13 yrs now and I have to say that doing track days helps me get faster. Where else can I think about my RIDING TECHNIQUE and learn to hone my skills. When your racing your racing and you apply what you already know. When your practicing you should be trying different things with your riding skills because your not so worried about the lap times if you screw up.
I wrote a press release for Speed Tech Racing after CCS Road America and it posted on Roadracing World. In there we thanked Garth for running a great organization for us to tune at prior to races. We will continue to take advantage of the track time that we can to gain ground on our competitors if we can.
I was very happy to see my fellow NESBIANS kick ass at Road America this year. Especially when I help some of those riders get faster during NESBA track days. Garth Cloyd has a great thing going & hope continued success happens in NESBA track day organizations.
So here is a comment to all you naysayers "If you can't beat em join em"
Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

JBraun

Quote from: J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp on July 23, 2007, 02:47:11 PM
Man where have I been for this thread!!

Probably elbow deep in a Brian's motor...... :biggrin:

Whatver dude, you're not that fast, I can hang on to you if I skip the bend every lap. :err:
I gotta go clean my pickup screen.....
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

251am

Quote from: backMARKr on July 22, 2007, 04:46:12 PM
Todd....when you buy your next helmet or bodywork ---let me know :thumb:

I'll hook you up....

Cool, is your sister hot?     :biggrin:

(Goin fer 20 pages and a weerrrd from that Robbie van der Winkles twinkle-- toes- lynx labraddoodle- breeder- from- the- cabrini- greens vanilla ice cream pie Ice Ice baby, yo)   :err: 

Firecat

Quote from: J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp on July 23, 2007, 02:47:11 PM
What I can offer my advanced riders is the confidence that they can watch me going as quickly as I do and they can learn from me.

Even the guys that fade into your line on turn 7 while looking over their shoulder for the guy they are towing? LOL

once again...sorry bout that Jason :)
Brian Blume
Hix Racing #803

Quote from: Firecat on July 23, 2007, 03:53:43 PM
Even the guys that fade into your line on turn 7 while looking over their shoulder for the guy they are towing? LOL

once again...sorry bout that Jason :)

Yeah your right I've got to stop letting ASRA regulars stop putting dirty passes on me right! I need more practice! Time to ride the 50's in the lot again! Man your right I can't let that happen anymore!

Now I'm irritated.
Thanks for the motivation to go faster! See you at the next track!
Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

And who might the mysterious firecat be?

Wisconsin 36yrs old? Hmmm....

:cheers:

tstruyk

qui tacet consentire videtur  :thumb:

so back to this pie thing... was that 2 scoops??

My grandma brought some ruhbarb back her last visit... I know my Mom's gonna throw together a pie or 3... was thinking a good french vanilla topper.  Do you double the size of the slice for the double scoop of IC?  or is the ration of IC to pie better with a standard slice?

Oh, and how was the cheesecake??
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Super Dave

We had cheesecake for my wife's grandma's birthday celebration.  I had some for breakfast the next day.

Super Dave