NESBA trackday riders place well at CCS / ASRA Road America Races

Started by G 97, July 16, 2007, 04:17:27 PM

Firecat

Quote from: kvanengen on July 27, 2007, 01:51:43 PM
What a joke. Why someone would waste there time to show you that NESBA riders are fast. Just because someone signs up to do a NESBA track day doesn't mean NESBA had anything to do with there success. Most NESBA riders get more seat time than CCS riders out there but are just too scared to grid up in a real race. In fact I can think of 4 riders off the top of my head that are in that position. Imagine how much Faster some of your NESBA riders could be if they spent more time improving there riding instead of worrying about getting there "A Bump".

If your comment wasn't so shortsighted and lacking intellectual substance, I might actually take the time to respond.
Brian Blume
Hix Racing #803

George_Linhart

There was this one time back in college when these two cute girls, who must have been NESBIANS, got really drunk and let me watch while they...

...oh wait, that would be Lesbian, not Nesbian.

Never mind - I seem to have nothing to add here.  Pleae continue on with your argument.

gkotlin

I definitely believe that I did well in my first races because of the Nesba staff.  In hindsight, I didn't know anything about riding when I started with Nesba last year.  I thought I did.  I didn't.

What the heck would I learn about riding properly by racing from day 1?  Would someone see that I was clueless and take me aside to coach me?  Would you give up your practice sessions to follow me around and make me a safer rider?  I would have been a huge danger to myself and everyone else on that track if I just started racing on day 1.

Quote from: Speedballer347 on July 20, 2007, 08:01:10 PM
Dude, why are you taking this stuff personally?
None of my comments are directed at you, I don't even know you.
Ease up brother, this is just a discussion...personal opinions...no one is personally attacking anyone.  It's just generalizations.

Now your getting it!  You're offending him and all of us that chose the path of trackdays first.  We may not have an agenda to sandbag.  We just chose the route that we thought would give us the most fun, keep us safe, and help us build skills.  We work our ass off riding at the track, driving to events etc.  We work hard to develop the skills that people better than us are trying to share.  We crash.  We fix our bikes, we work overtime to be able to race.  If we're to fast for you, then petition CCS to have us bumped to experts.  Heck, why have experts at all.  Just have one big race.  I find it strange that Nesba can't issue a race license to a qualified rider.  But anyone can pay some money, go as slow as they want so they don't crash and get a license regardless of their skill.  I hate to say it, but even the DMV has higher standards.

It seems some of you don't care for Garth.  And thats ok.  I however, have never met someone that goes so far out of his way to help his sand bagging and non sand bagging members.  He doesn't spend much time riding because he's running the organization for this region.  He's donating his time to give us the resources to ride the track.  Thanks Garth!

Quote from: red900 on July 21, 2007, 08:57:45 AM
TRACKTIME DOES NOT EQUAL FAST!!!!!
Fast is what is in you.  It is Will, Drive, Determination, Sacrifice, Energy, Failure, Listening, Learning, Pushing, Falling, etc etc etc etc

Damn your smart!

I know I'm late to this discussion.  I love Nesba and what it's done for me.  If it wasn't for Nesba I would have never been able to do the only thing I've dreamed of doing.  Riding the track and racing.

[/quote]
Quote from: xb9racer on July 21, 2007, 10:16:21 AM
TRACKTIME DOES NOT EQUAL FAST!!!!!
Really!!?? What's that old saying oh yeah Practice makes perfect.
Sorry dude, but you're dead fucking wrong.  So wrong it's to the point of stupid.
Thats just flat out funny.  Sweet!  I'm gonna ride 24\7 so I can stomp Rossi!  Haha..  I now have the secret!  How did you state that......?   :blahblah:

As a new Nesba CR, I look forward to coaching future sand baggers to keep this debate alive for a long time.   Thanks to Dustin, Marshall, Melissa, Barry and all the other Nesba CRs (sorry for not listing you all) who race that have helped me along the way.  I APPRECIATE YOU & YOUR TIME!

I think Marshall and Dustin have summed up my sentiments exactly.
Greg K.
CCS MW Expert # 12
2000 SV 650 - 1989 FZR 400
Vinylsaurusrex.com - Cyclepath Racing - Safety First Racing - STT

tstruyk

QuoteI find it strange that Nesba can't issue a race license to a qualified rider.

me too.  Why is that? MCRA can, Trackaddix can, Super Dave can... is it a concious choice to try to keep riders from making that transition?  Something in the Kool-aid that makes you think it takes 4 years of practicing to be "ready" to race?  Or are they just trying to make it easier... less work, no extra workers, no extra classroom time... kind of a "one less thing" attitude.  I am genuinely intersted.

as for everything else... I'm still not suprised at the results.  I dont know why thats such a bad thing???  I'm not suprised when fast folks go fast and win races...
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Super Dave

I can't "issue" a license.  CCS does that.  But I have an approved cirriculum for the safety aspects of motorcycle road racing, and that's what is necessary to be certified for a road race license.
Super Dave

Mongo

Yeah, kind of hard to issue a racing license if you don't actually put on races....

NESBA currently doesn't offer a racing school.  Could they?  Of course.  Will they?  Probably at some point but I'd guess they want to make sure they can do a good school and not have it interfere with the product they currently offer their customers. 

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

Burt Munro

Quote from: tstruyk on July 28, 2007, 02:21:01 PM
isnt someone supposed to be dropping something off at my house???
Some guy with a machine gun said I should leave it with him. 

I didn't argue!
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

tstruyk

its not the machine gun I would be worried about...

its the Jo-Jo Bits...
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

wolf44

Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

tstruyk

CCS GP/ASRA  #85

wolf44

Quote from: benprobst on July 28, 2008, 11:24:05 PM
Huh, guess I was wrong,
CCS GP EX#5
2008 Sponsors
MotoVelocity www.motovelocity.net
Mills Quarter Horses www.millsquarterhorses.com
St. Louis Staffing www.stlouis-staffing.com
Ducati Omaha www.ducatiomaha.com

tstruyk

baller's been showing him pictures of me and then squirting him in the eyes with hot sauce... I'm screwed at the next GIR TD....
CCS GP/ASRA  #85