NESBA trackday riders place well at CCS / ASRA Road America Races

Started by G 97, July 16, 2007, 04:17:27 PM

JBraun

Why is this getting beat to death?
Two things make people fast; talent and track time.
Enough of either will win races, to really succeed you need a lot of both.

Dustin, you're fast as hell. I've got mad respect for you as a rider, you passed me from the amateur wave at MAM while I was running top five expert, and you're quite a bit faster than me at blackhawk, probably other tracks as well. So I'll take nothing away from you as a rider.

You've clearly made the right decisions in your riding career to begin racing at a very high level and I'm happy for you. Amateur wins and championships are nice, but you're coming across like you've just won a world championship.

Am I impressed? Hell yeah! Anyone who can do 11s at BHF has my attention, whether you've been riding for ten months or ten years. You're welcome to pat yourself on the back, since you are ulitmately the one riding the bike. But I really hope you appreciate that NESBA has surrounded you with guys who have "been there". I would have killed for that when I was starting out.

ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

EM JAY

Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

red900

Quote from: JBraun on July 22, 2007, 04:00:51 PM

but you're coming across like you've just won a world championship.

Dear baby Jesus, please forgive me for the thoughts that are going through my mind.....

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FREAKING KIDDING!!!!    I have done nothing to come across as if I have one a world championship..  I have done nothing except defend myself from the very beginning of this thread.  I have done nothing but try to explain to the people that believe they have some right to reduce the wins of myself and some others to nothing except pure track time... 

Please explain yourself.
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

backMARKr

Quote from: 61Ex on July 22, 2007, 03:04:00 PM

Yes sir, yes sir, those are some super protection #s the Storck is sellin out there. You gotta Kryptonite like competitor? Throw some of his #s on your lid and feel at ease whether your blazin through T2 @BFR screamin in your head at all those trees on rider's right or watchin da sklossmonster disappear in the mirrors trollin down 39 for staties that wanna try and run with you, or draggin a Samps down E. Wash.  :biggrin:

Mark's #s rock whether your NESBA, CCS, WERA, CMRA, AMA, NHL, NBA, CSS, USGPRU, MOTO ST, WSMC, AFM, AHRMA, Grand Am, MRA, WMRRA, OMRRA, MARRC, or just a gawdanged CW!! gostorckgo!  

Todd....when you buy your next helmet or bodywork ---let me know :thumb:

I'll hook you up....

NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Firecat

Quote from: red900 on July 22, 2007, 04:22:25 PM
Dear baby Jesus, please forgive me for the thoughts that are going through my mind....

Nice Ricky Bobby reference....I applaud you!!
Brian Blume
Hix Racing #803

red900

Official  TIME OUT   for the GP race.......   ITs on Fox!!!
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

Gixxerblade

Quote from: Headdog122 on July 20, 2007, 03:20:07 PM
Clark..

Why you always got to disagree...  You seem to always try and take oposition.  Having said that, I would like to disclose my favorite Steve Clark QUOTE..!!

"See Jamie, your one of those guys that knows how to go fast and tell people, but can't go fast yourself!!"   :kicknuts:

That one is classic...!!  Thanks for the motivation..!!  You should be a traveling motivational speaker, Tony Robbins watch out..!!   :thumb:

he,he,he....

I just like busting your balls JRay!

gonecrazy

I want the last 40 min. I just spent catching up on all this babble back :jerkoff:

I just wanna ride :cheers:

K3 Chris Onwiler

Quote from: Sklossmonster on July 22, 2007, 12:01:36 PM
Similarly, those of you who think Control Riders/Track coaches have ten times the laps you do need to consider the fact that the majority of the time CR's spend on track is not at their pace.  How much would you improve if you spent the majority of your track time at 20, 30, or 40 seconds off your pace?  Truth be told, I can make a case for how CR'ing actually slows you down.  When I CR, I usually don't get all my Advanced sessions, unlike a member who signs up and rides.  While you go out on track, I do the beginner meeting, while most members take forty minutes to relax, rehydrate, refocuse, refuel, adjust settings, etc.. CR's roll around well off their pace trying to help people learn to go faster, safer, truthfully slowing their minds down and diluting their own sense of speed.  Then we rush in for a splash of gas and water before running out to an  Advanced session that's already underway.  Tired, thirsty, and unfocused.  I know, I know, you're crying a river for us.  I'm not looking for sympathy, just trying to paint a more accurate picture of all that extra "seat time"  CR's get.
+1  That about covers it, except you didn't mention the deep sense of personal satisfaction that comes from introducing newcomers to the world of speed and concentration that can only be found on a racetrack.

Now, could someone tell me what this argument is actually about?  Near as I can tell, it breaks down like this:

Trackday riders are pussys because they're not "Real" racers.  Real racers race, but trackdays are "Play" racing.

Trackday riders are sandbagger pussys if they decide to stop playing and can beat "Real" racers.

Yoo peoples is quazy!  No use argwooing wiph de insane!
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

backMARKr

Quote from: K3 Chris Onwiler on July 23, 2007, 08:23:15 AM
Yoo peoples is quazy!  No use argwooing wiph de insane!
Chris...as I told Todd...

your helmet decals protect you from the crazy :thumb:....

please read ALL the posts in this very important thread....
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

tstruyk

man you guys have been busy... I only waste time like this at work...

I'll make one more post on this and move on.  (yeah right...  ::))

I never had the intent of disrespecting TD riders, or TD riders turned racers.  If I did, 2 things:

A.  I'm sorry
B.  You need thicker skin OR you are implying/inferring intent inaccurately, I can only assume due to the nature of the posts... people are proud (self included).  I should have been more careful.

I had never had the intent of taking away from the performance of any racer regardless of seat time.  fast is fast... period.

Track day riders are not pussies.   This isnt about a coexistance with TD riders.  I enjoy working with new TD riders and prospective racers.  TDs clearly off a more open avenue to race which only helps supports our sport.

My intent, which I assumed was blatant, was that I am not as impressed with the "first year racing" or "first race ever" results when they are earned by racers with 4+ years track riding experience.  I thought I mentioned this a ways back... The result of the race itself (ex. running 25's at RA and catching the lead experts) is impressive.  Thats fast and a feat from the 2nd wave (or combined start from however deep the field was).  Stop trying to make this a personal attack... its not. 

Calling me out on my "balls"... well I too ran a full season my AM year.  Half a season my 2nd year (as an expert) and unfortunately... blew my motor after the first round at Topeka this year.  I'm more than likely done for the year, so I can be around next year.  My credit cards arent maxed out, I am not broke due to racing.  I race within my means to insure longevity.  Its been absolute torture not being out there racing, and probably why I'm so crabby  :biggrin:  But to say I dont/wont grid up and race?  Tell ya what Dustin... take 3 months off with no riding/racing due to circumstance beyond your control, and listen to someone question your balls.

While on the topic of balls... I would give my left nut (or right, I'm not particular to either one) to have been at GIR (home track) dicing it up with Speedballer.   I struggled to find a good setup all last year, things are finally coming together, bike is just starting to work for me, and right as I am ready to go fast... now I cant race.  I was at RA the last 2 years.  The first year in 32 degree weather, 150 down the main straight my first race weekned... in snow.  My first time on a grid was in the Team Challange... I was the only yellow plate (to my knowledge) on the grid.  The next year? tortured by rain and a new bike with zero setup time.  You think I wouldnt give anything to race at RA in JULY?!?!?!?!  Well there are somethings I wouldnt give, and one is the security of my finances.  I couldnt justify a $3,500 (engine expense, plus race expenses for RA) expense by tapping an investment.  And our savings is dedicated to our dog who is fighting Canine Melanoma.

I'll try to make this as clear as I can one last time. (in the spirit the first comment I made in this thread)

Is it really suprising, when someone who can knowingly run a pace that is faster than 99% of the AM's and over 80% of the experts, is able to finish well?

Its a yes or no question... I need no clarification, explanation or justification... just an answer.  I am not questioning the right for that person to be there.  I'm not questioning ability, I am not questioning if results are earned.  this isnt about track day riders vs raceers.  All I asked...   Is it REALLY that suprising.

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

George_Linhart

Last night after dinner I had a wonderful piece of mixed berry pie with 2 scoops of vanila ice cream .  The pie was just-out-of-the-oven warm before I scooped the ice cream so the mixture created a heavenly goodness full of rich, creamy and fruity filling.

YUM!

I like pie.  Pie is wonderfull.  Pie is a salve that sooths the hurt of this terrible world.

You should all try it - its much better than arguing over the internet.

George