News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Dan's First Safety Wire Attempt

Started by Burt Munro, December 30, 2004, 11:55:45 PM

Burt Munro

QuoteHe's been sandbagging on his identity  >:( ;D

Depends on who you are I guess! :P
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Old808

Dang, Frank's got picture of me I've never even seen!  ;D

Dan, you can't strip the extra cylinders, or the 4WD out of a R32.  It'll always be a fattie.  I had a regular VR6: it's a porker.

p.s. talking about SL65...
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=16&article_id=8893

Papa_Thiam

QuoteHe's been sandbagging on his identity  >:( ;D
Nah, went months without logging in and I forgot there was an underscore in my name.  Created a new ID, because it seems you can't sort names to do a search.  I didn't care much to read member names until I found mine.  Then I forgot about it all.  I just remembered where to look. :)

cornercamping

Look at BMW USA's website.  The new M6 is bad.  You were right.  Mercededs better step up the E55 or it'll get tore up by the Bimmer.  

Me wants one of those now.  Wonder what it's gonna cost though.    ???  The 6 series is already in the mid $70's.  $80's to $90's for the M6.   If they have one at the autoshow this week, I'll take tons of pics.  I'll be there during industry days so I can get some good pics.  Most of the time, they allow "industry" more access to the vehicles.  Last year, I actually could walk up to a Lambo and sit in the drivers seat.  But, on public days, all the high lines are locked down and blocked off.   New 6 series looks sweet.  Definetly interested in one.   :D

cornercamping

Quotep.s. talking about SL65...
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=16&article_id=8893

I read the article in Car and Driver which as SL65 vs. Enzo vs. 911 TT on the plane ride to Vegas.   Definetly interesting.  What's cool is it's considered a daily driver for most.  911 could be driven daily i guess, but unless you have some really deep, deep pockets, I don't think you could drive an Enzeo every day and pay for maintance.   That's the biggest attraction to the SL for me.  The only thing that sucks is that it's really not needed to have that kind of HP on the street, but who cares, it's still  8)  That M6 has my eye now.  Sooner or later, I want a performance luxury sedan or coupe.  I might just wait and see what happens with the M6.   I know I can get discounts on MB, but I'm sure I can find some help from some people I know on a Bimmer.  Only problem is finding a dealer willing to part with one on employee pricing or equiv.   Usually they add several thousand $ to the sticker as a premium.  Then, they won't sell to employee's and such because they don't get a chance to mess with pricing.  The pricing is set by the manufacturer and the dealer can't do anything about it. They'd rather just not sell the car.

P.S.  Seregei Federov's Enzo is for sale here in Detroit.  Saw it before I left.  $1.3 mil and it's your's  ;D Wonder why he sold it?  

Also, anyone know the details on ordering a Ferrari?  It always made me wonder on the time frame from order to delivery.  Not that I'd ever buy one, but it's interesting to see how long it actually takes.  According to people I've talked to, they'll build the way you want.  Someone should've gotten a pink Enzo if that's the case.  I would if I had that kind of money.  8)

Old808

QuoteAlso, anyone know the details on ordering a Ferrari?
Definitely over a year for an F430. Don't know about 575 & 612.

I will eat a shoe if you can prove in the next 3 years that you own an M6.  I'll give you 5 years for an SL65.  Don't know who you think you know at MB, but SL65, CL65 and CLK-DTM are "special order" cars.  You ain't getting one cheap.  I'll give you lifetime on an Enzo.  ;D

My word is good, ask Racer Wannabe.

Burt Munro

QuoteI will eat a shoe if you can prove in the next 3 years that you own an M6.  I'll give you 5 years for an SL65.  Don't know who you think you know at MB, but SL65, CL65 and CLK-DTM are "special order" cars.  You ain't getting one cheap.  I'll give you lifetime on an Enzo.  ;D

Me thinks that Papa's digestive system need not worry about having to deal with anything like leather anytime in the next 100 years or so! ;D  I might be tempted to join Old808 on this one.  

Papa, you want dibs on the right shoe or the left shoe?   Not that it really matters! ;)
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Roger@ASMA

There was an SL65 here at the track yesterday along with a Lambo something or other (2004 model all wheel drive thingy). The guy said that SL made 640hp (he had a little work done already) and there were only 200 imported to the states. The guy has lots of nice cars too, the other times he's been here he's brought out one of his Ferrari's (he has 3). Some people......make me jealous! :)

Zac

QuoteThere was an SL65 here at the track yesterday along with a Lambo something or other (2004 model all wheel drive thingy). The guy said that SL made 640hp (he had a little work done already) and there were only 200 imported to the states. The guy has lots of nice cars too, the other times he's been here he's brought out one of his Ferrari's (he has 3). Some people......make me jealous! :)

So Rog, did you pull out the stopwatch?  I'm curious if they'd be embarrassed by a spec Miata or something with someone who knows how to drive.

Or at least did you get a ride?

-z.

Old808

QuoteThere was an SL65 here at the track yesterday along with a Lambo something or other (2004 model all wheel drive thingy).
Both models are AWD.  did the doors open normally (Gallardo, V10), or swing up (Murcielago, V12)?

Roger@ASMA

The doors swung up so I guess that answers that question.  One of the guys who was here flew in from Dallas and they were taking turns driving the cars. The one that flew in was ripping pretty good, but the local SCCA Formula Continental hotshoe went for a ride in the Lanbo and said the guy who was going the fastest could shave 5 seconds if he was a better driver. The local guy does 1:10's CCW in his FC. The best times I've seen from a GT1 Porche were around 1:13's. For those who have never been here the motorcycle lap record is 1:10.42. Outright lap record is 1:02.76 with a Formula Atlantic set this year.