Dan's First Safety Wire Attempt

Started by Burt Munro, December 30, 2004, 11:55:45 PM

cornercamping

QuoteI will eat a shoe if you can prove in the next 3 years that you own an M6.  I'll give you 5 years for an SL65.  Don't know who you think you know at MB, but SL65, CL65 and CLK-DTM are "special order" cars.  You ain't getting one cheap.  I'll give you lifetime on an Enzo.  ;D

My word is good, ask Racer Wannabe.

You're on.   :D

TZDeSioux

QuoteYou're on.   :D

which car? I bet I get the M6 before you  :)

cornercamping

Rev....    $500.00 on it for charity ?

FYI:  I got a new truck today.  05' Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the Hemi  :D  

TZDeSioux

QuoteRev....    $500.00 on it for charity ?

no money bet rich boy. Lets just bet that the loser gets an ass whoopin for 10 minutes.  :)

TZDeSioux

QuoteFYI:  I got a new truck today.  05' Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the Hemi  :D  

Why?

cornercamping

No money bet  ???  Why not  ??? What, you won't have any money left to get gas for your M6  ???   or, did you learn not to bet against me  ???  ;D ;D :-*

Common' Rev, you have 2 years before the car is even available to the public.  Plenty of time to save up your pennies, plus it's for charity.  Same as our MotoGP bets.

;D ;D :-*

cornercamping

QuoteWhy?

Because it's bad ass.  My Ram lease was up, and I needed something.  I went there with the intention of getting a 300C. The problem was the dealer only had 2 300C's and because they are so popular now, they didn't want to sell it to me on supplier discount.   So, while waiting to see if I could do anything with the price of the 300, I sat in a new Cherokee Limited, and let me tell you, the are just bad ass.  Nothing like the old Jeep's.  Plus, it's got a ton of HP for what it is.  It moves like a bat outta hell.  With all the rebates and discounts, I got over $11K off the $43K sticker.   24 month lease, 15k miles.   Then, when the Jeep lease is up, the M6 will be out  ;) ;D :-*

plus, I need something that I can pull a trailer to the racetrack with for this season and next.  ;)

TZDeSioux

QuoteBecause it's bad ass.  My Ram lease was up, and I needed something.  I went there with the intention of getting a 300C. The problem was the dealer only had 2 300C's and because they are so popular now, they didn't want to sell it to me on supplier discount.   So, while waiting to see if I could do anything with the price of the 300, I sat in a new Cherokee Limited, and let me tell you, the are just bad ass.  Nothing like the old Jeep's.  Plus, it's got a ton of HP for what it is.  It moves like a bat outta hell.  With all the rebates and discounts, I got over $11K off the $43K sticker.   24 month lease, 15k miles.   Then, when the Jeep lease is up, the M6 will be out  ;) ;D :-*

plus, I need something that I can pull a trailer to the racetrack with for this season and next.  ;)

It's not bad ass.

cornercamping

yeah it is.  Luxury and usability.   Thing has more bell's and whistles than most SUV's.  I went and drove an X5, ML, XC90, and a Toureg.  Jeep won.  The new Jeep Cherokee's with all the toys in them hand down smokes all the rest.  The ML is a turd, has no power.  The X5 has some power, but drives kinda "heavy" and costs $30K more, with less technical toys.  The XC90 seems small and drives like a minivan.  The Toureg is nice, but I don't like the dash, and can't do anything with the crappy audio system in it because it's integrated into the CAN system.  So, I won't buy an General Malfunction products because they are over priced.  The Jeep wins hands down.  Has all the toys at a cheaper price and has faster acceleration and towing capabilites compared to the other SUV's.   7200 lb. towing capacity.  The ML can't pull anything, and the BMW doesn't justify the cost.   The GM brand luxury SUV's are all overpriced crap.  Plus, this way I help Mark make it another day closer to retirement  ;D

Go drive a new Cherokee and you'd be surprised what major changes have taken place.  :D

TZDeSioux

QuoteNo money bet  ???  Why not  ??? What, you won't have any money left to get gas for your M6  ???   or, did you learn not to bet against me  ???  ;D ;D :-*

Common' Rev, you have 2 years before the car is even available to the public.  Plenty of time to save up your pennies, plus it's for charity.  Same as our MotoGP bets.

;D ;D :-*

If I saved everything I make for 2 years, I wouldn't have enough money to buy a Honda Accord you maricon. Not much money in being a dance choreographer. So you're going to go from a Jeep Cherokee to an M6? HA HA HA HA you so funny guy Mr. round eye

TZDeSioux

Quoteyeah it is.  Luxury and usability.   Thing has more bell's and whistles than most SUV's.  I went and drove an X5, ML, XC90, and a Toureg.  Jeep won.  The new Jeep Cherokee's with all the toys in them hand down smokes all the rest.  The ML is a turd, has no power.  The X5 has some power, but drives kinda "heavy" and costs $30K more, with less technical toys.  The XC90 seems small and drives like a minivan.  The Toureg is nice, but I don't like the dash, and can't do anything with the crappy audio system in it because it's integrated into the CAN system.  So, I won't buy an General Malfunction products because they are over priced.  The Jeep wins hands down.  Has all the toys at a cheaper price and has faster acceleration and towing capabilites compared to the other SUV's.   7200 lb. towing capacity.  The ML can't pull anything, and the BMW doesn't justify the cost.   The GM brand luxury SUV's are all overpriced crap.  Plus, this way I help Mark make it another day closer to retirement  ;D

Go drive a new Cherokee and you'd be surprised what major changes have taken place.  :D

So you bought an SUV for it's acceleration and gadgetry? Maybe you should've gotten a MB S55  ::)

cornercamping

No, I bought an SUV because I needed towing capabilites and I needed room.   I was going to get the 300C and then buy a cheap beater truck to tow. As far as technology is concerned, I can say that this will be the first vehicle that I have gotten with all the factory installed toys. Usually, I order it and deck out the audio system, and such.  This time, it's already done, and done right.  Chrysler has their stuff together.  The only thing I plan on adding is maybe a subwoofer.  On every other vehicle I have ever leased or bought, I usually replace everything with aftermarket.  This one doesn't need it cause everything already is awesome.  The Boston audio system rocks.  I was amazed at what Chrysler has done.  They listened, and did it right.   Chrysler is gonna put a beating to the other manufactuers.
The acceleration is definetly a great bonus.  The Hemi MDE is a bad ass design, and well thought out.  Lot's of HP, and good gas mileage.  340HP in a Jeep is alot.  

$ for $, nothing can touch the new Jeep Grand Cherokee's.