News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Dan's First Safety Wire Attempt

Started by Burt Munro, December 30, 2004, 11:55:45 PM

GSXR RACER MIKE

I don't like the fact that the passenger has a steering wheel too! ;D ;)
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

cornercamping

QuoteI don't like the fact that the passenger has a steering wheel too! ;D ;)

;D :P  The US version is right hand drive.   ;D  Don't know why the passanger side has a steering wheel too  ???   Maybe so you can steer the rear wheels independantly from the front  ???

;D :P

cornercamping

Noble actually manufacturers complete cars in the UK.  You can buy one in the UK with everything allready done, but they are hand assembled in South Africa I believe.  I have the "build your own" catalog they sent me and the cool thing was the carbon fiber wheel option.  Only $8K for carbon wheels  :o  and I though my BST's were expensive.  I really like that Noble.  First time I saw it I was like  :o  I was thinking a while back about possibly ordering the rolling chassis and then get the rest later.  It takes about 5 months to get the chasis here.  But, I'm overlooking the fact that I need alot of $ to do it.  $25K down just to order, then additional balance for chassis due at delivery.  

You know what though, what's up with the Lotus Elise?  Everyone say's that car is bad ass, but it's only got 190 hp  ???  Plus, they're like $50K  ???  Why  :-/

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteMaybe so you can steer the rear wheels independantly from the front  ???

Just imagine the slalom speeds that thing could do! :o ;) ;D
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Old808

Quote...Supposidly, BMW is going to release a V10 M5.   We'll see...
Old news,  I've seen half a dozen euro TV tests.  Newsflash for you: the E55 and CLS55 were owned.  Time to catch up, buddy.

And the SL65 can't handle it's own power.  Not to mention its weight.  Turn the ESC off and its all over the road.  But you know that, since you drove it... ::)

As for the first "real" begining of Ferrari, LOL. ;D Dude, get a clue. The 288 GTO is cool, but Michele Alboreto behind the wheel couldn't shake Stephan Johanson in a AMG Hammer sedan during a mid-80s track test.  And try telling the people who spend $millions on 250 GTOs they don't own a real Ferrari.

Dan, man...  ::)

Old808

QuoteYou know what though, what's up with the Lotus Elise?  Everyone say's that car is bad ass, but it's only got 190 hp  ???  Plus, they're like $50K  ???  Why  :-/
Check the weight, you'll get a clue.

As for the price, look into Lotus' manufacturing processes and production volumes.

Old808

QuoteHere's the Noble M12.   When you order it, you can get any color paint you want, or anything you want.  Car is approximately $75K complete.  Uses a Ford V6 with twin Garret Turbo's.  It'll smoke a Ferrari Enzo on the racetrack.  It's been proven over and over again by test drives.  Nothing can touch this car, especially for price.  You have to order your car, and they ship it minus drivetrain from the UK.  Then, when it gets here, you put the drivetrain in and it is street legal.  One was on Ebay in IL, for $66K.   Sweet car.  Drove one of these too.  Distributor is right outta Cincinatti.  The best thing is you order it exactly how you want it.  All you need to know is the paint codes and type of fabrics you want.  Everything is 100% customizable.   You pick everything.  They give you everything you need, and once it gets in the states, they already have shops all around the country that have been factory trained to install the drive train.  Not bad for $80K.  The complete chassis minus motor starts at $40K.  
Here's a video of the M12.  It's alright for a kit car.  Keep in mind: the driver is british...

Frank_Angel

QuoteHere's the Noble M12.   When you order it, you can get any color paint you want, or anything you want.  Car is approximately $75K complete.  Uses a Ford V6 with twin Garret Turbo's.  It'll smoke a Ferrari Enzo on the racetrack.  It's been proven over and over again by test drives.  Nothing can touch this car, especially for price.

Dan, you're simply dreaming. The best 0-60 speed I've seen reported for the M12 is 3.7, the Enzo is 3.3. M12 0-100 9 secs, Enzo 0-100 6.6 secs. Top speed on the M12 is 170, the Enzo is 220. There is simply no way the M12 will exceed 200 MPH, in 6th gear the gear ratio is turning the engine 26.5 MPH/1k. That would mean that to run 200 MPH the engine would be revving at about 7,600 RPM, well, well past the peak performance point of 6,200 RPM. How do you figure the M12 will smoke the Enzo? ??? The Porsche Carrera GT is faster 0-60, 0-100 and top speed also, and there are a few others that completely outclass the Noble.

I don't see why you're so impressed with a car that's, as Papa said, just a kit car. Porsche and Ferrari do their own engine development, Noble uses a Ford. The Noble is interesting, but hardly worth the praise you're heaping upon it. If you're going to gush over a Noble, at least pick the best performer, the M400.

cornercamping

QuoteDan, you're simply dreaming. The best 0-60 speed I've seen reported for the M12 is 3.7, the Enzo is 3.3. M12 0-100 9 secs, Enzo 0-100 6.6 secs. Top speed on the M12 is 170, the Enzo is 220. There is simply no way the M12 will exceed 200 MPH, in 6th gear the gear ratio is turning the engine 26.5 MPH/1k. That would mean that to run 200 MPH the engine would be revving at about 7,600 RPM, well, well past the peak performance point of 6,200 RPM. How do you figure the M12 will smoke the Enzo? ??? The Porsche Carrera GT is faster 0-60, 0-100 and top speed also, and there are a few others that completely outclass the Noble.

I don't see why you're so impressed with a car that's, as Papa said, just a kit car. Porsche and Ferrari do their own engine development, Noble uses a Ford. The Noble is interesting, but hardly worth the praise you're heaping upon it. If you're going to gush over a Noble, at least pick the best performer, the M400.

I wasn't talking about top speed or 0 to 60 time.  I'm talking about handling and lap time capabilities.  Same driver, Noble blows damn near everything away.   Go read all the reviews of pro drivers that have driven the car.  Furthermore, doesn't say too much when a $2 Mil car is less than a second faster from 0 to 60 compared to a car that is less than $80K.  Still trying to figure that one out, but I'm a mechanical idiot when it comes to that side of it.  I'd take the M12.  About as many of those on US streets as the Enzo.   Same thing for top speed.  Is an Enzo ever going to reach top speed on a race track?  Probably not.  Other than all the neat carbon fiber, an Enzo really isn't that great  in my opinion.   As far as the Porsche GT, same thing.  $500K compared to $80K and the difference in money doesn't really justifiy the level of performance.  
Hey Frank, if your ever in the Cincinatti area, call 1G Racing.  That's the Noble importer.  Ask them to let you drive one.  They have 3 or 4 you can drive on hand.  Then, you can also add additional performace by different engine configurations.  The "Standard" engine configuration is what they list all the data for.  There's a couple that have a few additional bits and bolts on them for a few extra HP.

cornercamping

QuoteOld news,  I've seen half a dozen euro TV tests.  Newsflash for you: the E55 and CLS55 were owned.  Time to catch up, buddy.

And the SL65 can't handle it's own power.  Not to mention its weight.  Turn the ESC off and its all over the road.  But you know that, since you drove it... ::)

What owns the E55 and CL65  ???  M5 ?  
As far as the SL65, I couldn't really tell you.  I was in a parking lot, so I couldn't open it up really.  Accelerated really hard, but really quiet.   I still love that car.  That's the car that I want.  I like luxury performace.   Audi RS6 is another thing I'd jump on if the $ was in my bank accounts.  :D

cornercamping

QuoteCheck the weight, you'll get a clue.

As for the price, look into Lotus' manufacturing processes and production volumes.

Right, you can tell it doesn't weigh much.  But, how competitive can it actually be compared to a stripped down VW R32?   Take all the luxury crap out of the VW and you have some competition.  That R32 is no joke for what it has in it.

cornercamping

QuoteI don't see why you're so impressed with a car that's, as Papa said, just a kit car.

Papa  ???  Papa Thaim  ???   Old808 = Papa Thaim  ???