News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Daytona'04  R.O.C CANCELED !!!!

Started by BERZERKER, March 24, 2004, 07:38:37 AM

TreyBone

Well Well Well,.... Who woke Stu up from the dead? ;)

When will I see you at the track dude?

r6_philly

excuses are excuses, reasons are reasons.

I don't need an excuse to not going to a particular place to race. I don't need to complain either.

I am just saying its a reason for quite a few people who will now modify their season plans. I am not asking anyone for opinions on what I should do. I will go race somewhere when I feel like it, and I won't go if I don't feel like it. I am a racer, and I race. And I race where and when I decide. No excuses needed.

And all I am saying is that a few people are not going to try to follow the entire series, and drive to east bumble... to get a good spot at the ROC. So, they are going to stay around closer to home or following a different series. Right now it looks like a perfect timing to check out RA.

and remember, I am not asking for anyone to agree with me here  :o just telling like it is. so you don't have agree, but it doesn't change anything  ;)

r6_philly

QuoteAre you kidding?

LOL!

I mean, I race because I am a racer and I enjoy racing.  So, I race.  Daytona has certainly not been the end all of road courses...it's far from that.  I'd like to race Brands Hatch or some place like that.

But sacking a full season because of the loss of Daytona?  I'd say that they needed a reason not to do their whole series.  Afterall, not everyone competes in the whole season anyway.

Just my random thoughts...

sacking a full season with CCS is what I mean. I was playing with the idea of following the full season and now its out of the window. personal reasons for wanting to go back to daytona, its a tradition now. But now no need to. I have no interest in going to Homestead. I don't care how nice it is, it is not a track that I have been dying to get on (I suspect the same for many others) and if we only going to race there once I think I can spend the same amount of money and actually go do a track day at Brands Hatch (yes, based on what I spend at ROC, it would be about right).

So with going to Homestead out of the question, I am opened to new possibilities. I will go race, but I now have no good reason to strictly follow a serie. So people are not going to drag themselves to races that are hard on them if there is no reason to, since you are not going to go for a championship anyway.

and I am not just talking about myself. My chances of winning ROC is remote. But I do know fast AM's may just consider something else because of this...

GAMEDIC

This is my first year as an EX i have no hope in hell of doing anything other than getting track time..lol... and if the ROC were not all the way down there i would go...but there is no way i'm driving over 12 hours just for some track time on a track that i will never race on again... unles i start driving for NASCAR ;D... RD A would be perfect and no not because it's only 2 hours from me.. but it'a a better all around track and you are not racing against HP you really have to race against the other riders. so i am not bias because i am on a 1000 so i have the HP but i would much rather run RD A than Homstead or Daytona for that matter

CCSRacer114

Quote...but there is no way i'm driving over 12 hours just for some track time on a track that i will never race on again... unles i start driving for NASCAR ;D... RD A would be perfect and no not because it's only 2 hours from me.. but it'a a better all around track and you are not racing against HP you really have to race against the other riders. so i am not bias because i am on a 1000 so i have the HP but i would much rather run RD A than Homstead or Daytona for that matter

I really think you should look at the track layout for Homestead for motorcycles first.  HP won't win it for you there.

GregR6

Road A would be cool. CCS doesn't go there and WERA doesn't often either (for those who race both series), so it does provide a rather even playing field for all. And the fact that it's a road course is a plus IMO.

Good points made Stu!

Super Dave

Ah, all the info coming out this time...

Didn't we have lists of complaints about why ROC shouldn't be at Daytona.

Now it's not going to be.

Road America not a horsepower track?  LOL!  It's longer than Daytona and it has four straightaways...LOL!

And regional riders get to go there a whole lot.

And just forget it because the likelyhood of reasonable weather in Wisconsin that close to Lake Michigan would make it a bust.  Not to mention, if it was held there, RA would raise the price so much that the cost would be through the roof...the reason why the FUSA race was canceled there last year...the event would have lost AT LEAST $40k given the best FUSA/CCS attendence.

Phoenix...I've been there, and I don't think that place is suitable for motorcycles.  Wasn't in 1993 or 1994.  The banking is so shallow that we were destroying front tires on 600's back then.

Homestead will cost me more in fuel money.  I don't know the parking lots that I can stay in.  it will be interesting.

I won't get a chance to go there until whenever the event is.  Yeah, it will be harder than Daytona in that I know my gearing, I know the track, etc.  But that's that.  

For those that had committed to the FUSA series....

This is one of the reasons why motorcycle racing is so lame...committments by some riders and teams is rather loose.  Until it is taken with some seriousness, how could you expect support and sponsorship to flow into the series?
Super Dave

GregR6

"Road America not a horsepower track?  LOL!  It's longer than Daytona and it has four straightaways...LOL! "

woops... I thought we were talking about Road Atlanta. :-[

GSXR RACER MIKE

SuperDave, the hot topic has been about going to RA (Road Atlanta), not RA (Road America), but that's an easy mistake to have made.

So ya wanna go to HP? MJ isn't going after all, so I'm going it alone. Just saw you mention the thought earlier on a different thread.

I personally don't have a problem with Daytona, even if it isn't about skill, but more about power. I can also see why CCS goes there when they do, it's pretty obvious that it's because of the massive motorcycle gatherings at that time at Daytona. I would imagine that DIS wants something motorcycle related going on at the track at that time also, even if it's not profitable like NASCAR. I think the home track advantage would be much less at RA (Road Atlanta) than Homestead, but I would probably go to either.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Bling

Road America  Road Atlanta  "220-221" :)

throttle

Road Atlanta sounds like an even playing field, but could the riders support the $

ecumike

I gotta agree with everything Super Dave's said here.

Really... if the whole reason for racing regionals is just to race in the ROC, win 1 race to be called a 'champion'  then why even race regionals?
Just do some track days, and do 1 weekend at homestead and then just do the ROC there, win and be called a national champion.

Why not just race FUSA is that's what you're going for?