Daytona'04  R.O.C CANCELED !!!!

Started by BERZERKER, March 24, 2004, 07:38:37 AM

scottg22

Guys,

I am sure at this time of the year (or the time that CCS learned that Daytona was being renovated) that tracks like Barber & VIR were all ready booked.  Sure the Florida guys have an advantage, but thats part of the challenge.  Think of it this way, a guy from the MidWest shows up and wins a couple of National Championships over the local homeboys is BIG news!  It will be an even bigger accomplishment.

For those of us that travel the FUSA circuit, its part of the fun.  Showing up to a regional track for a National event and beating them (or attempting to beat them).  

No matter where the event is held, someone somewhere is going to complain that it isnt located in the right track or part of the country.   The CCS races in Dec are well populated (read: Good Grids) and I am sure the ROC will be well attended.

I have never been there and look forward to the event.

Scott Greenwood

ScubaSteve

Yes the december races are packed and i agree scott part of the fun is beating people at there own track!
Steve

CCS FL

GSXR RACER MIKE

As far as track availabilty goes, everyone is talking weekends, why not (for the ROC only) have the event during the week and leave the weekend before and after for traveling? This would probably make alot more tracks available for the event. I imagine that most everyone takes at least a week off work for the ROC, so the mid-week format would work fine, and still allow the track to have events the weekends before and after our event (with other organizations).

Weather is definately an issue at the end of October for most of the country, places like RA or Loudon would be statistically rather cold. I personally think Barber would be awesome for the ROC, and it's alot more reasonable of a location for the majority of people who would attend. As far as Homestead goes, I would probably go, but it would definately be lacking as compared to the normal ROC/Biketoberfest combination.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

lil_thorny

Thanks for chimen in Scott, and congrats again on your well deserved Championships last year on the FUSA circuit.  
Scott said it well...someone from another region, such as the midwest or even CRA regulars come down and do what they do, win. It doesn't matter where you are from, that is the true challenge. To run well at any track any day under any conditions..
Stumpy, what was all the buz prior to ROC.... Dafan
and I razzed eachother quite a bit all in good fun, but nobody down there expected any of us to do well.
The cream rises to the top in any sport... so wherever
ROC happens,  we will come, and there is no better advantage to doing well than to prepare. Besides,
A smaller track will make things more interesting.
what's 4 more hours when you are dealing with 22 to begin with?

Benj.

Super_KC124

I don't think they're too concerned about the weather. We have a race in Topeka Ks. November 14th. :P Hey. Topeka. Now there's a good place for the ROC! ;D

ecumike

So what about Laguna?

Curious as to why on the East coast?  is the majority of CCS racers/racing on the East coast?

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteSo what about Laguna?

Curious as to why on the East coast?  is the majority of CCS racers/racing on the East coast?

I have heard that Laguna has some morons that moved near the track and are now complaining about noise and traffic! Apparently they had some influence in local government and were able to get the number of events held there restricted. That's the reason that they combine the WSB and AMA events there so as to use the tracks limited number of available events as efficiently as possible.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

r6_philly

I, am certainly no scott. I wasn't even lil thorny enough to beat him!  ;D So I am not going to do well with Homestead change. So I will pretty much certain we will not go. I was never the one to go fast from day 1. I don't have a lot of talent, I don't go on the track and ride fast. I am a learner. It takes time for me to understand the track and what I am supposed to do. This is a temporary move, so I don't have to learn Homestead, and if I want to, it will take more than 2-3 days. So I have my reasons.

We already talked and are looking at the WERA schedules. I am not making any money racing, and I don't think I will be any time soon, so I am going to spend my money and get the most out of it. I enjoy going to bikeweek and biketoberfest. So do a few others. I think now I will just choose and go to the events I want to go, regardless of the series.

Scott will go anywhere because that is his commitment. He want a championship again. I don't, because I am nowhere near it.

CCS854

Just for the record, weather in October in the SE US, including VIR & Barber, is generally stable and dry (except for the odd tropical storm).  Normally the best riding weather all year.

r6_philly

by the way, as an AM I would go and attempt to beat the local fast guys. As a EX, I know I need time to learn and get faster, and the thought of paying out of my butt and get left after 2 laps does not sound like very rewarding at the moment.

I guess I will be doing a lot of trackdays and try to improve this year. Will be back as a fast guy next year.

r6_philly

I rode last year at VIR in Oct/Nov. very pleasant

Steviebee