News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Daytona'04  R.O.C CANCELED !!!!

Started by BERZERKER, March 24, 2004, 07:38:37 AM

lil_thorny

QuoteI think this is awefull.  So, the Florida guys could be winning all of the trophies this year.  I think the ROC should be at Blackhawk. ;D

Eddie, don't be such a whiner, just pretend like you are trying to catch me, and you will get a podium for sure ;) ;D :o 8) :P

Benj.

zracer196

Stay a 1/2 - 3/4 of an hour South...Key Largo!  I have stayed there and even gone diving on the same LONG weekend!  Plenty of places to rent a boat, etc...Nice place...

I'm looking forward to it!

r6_philly

Quoteyou guys seems to whine alot imo..

why would someone back off ccs because of the roc?  don't get me wrong, i like my national trophy, but i worked hard all year for my regional ones.

i want more regional championships so i'm following ccs ma regional races, period.  why would a good rider bounce back and forth and just race whoever is closest if they want to win a championship?  they would need to stick to 1 or the other to be a factor.

if you don't have it at dis, any other track is someone's "home" turf even road atlanta.  with wera's race there and nesba now having 2 trackdays there, you can practice.  vir, barber, homestead, etc. everywhere else in the east someone will have a advantage.

am i happy about the roc being moved, no.  will it affect my attendance, it's to early to tell.  will it affect my regional decisions, hell no.

it seems to me, especially after reading a number of things from guys who have been around like sd, ccs, wera and ama have all made mistakes along the way but they are all we have.  it's not life or death whichever way you guys go, just make your decision and do it.

the whining gets a bit tiresome after a while.

you don't have to read it :p I am kind of tired of people whining about other people whining. its a vicious circle, no one aint gonna stop. I feel like I have the right to say whatever I want to say, and people think its tiresome? what, we all living in china?

I couldn't care LESS about a regional championship, I just want to go fast and win races. I don't really want to commit to a club series anymore. I rather ride, have fun, go fast, thats all. Thats just me, so no need to get tight about it.

anyways I said what I have to say, so I will promptly stay silent so you guys don't whine about me whining.  ::)

fact still stands though... people are going to switch ship because of this, NO MATTER how unreasonable you feel that is.  ::) learn to accept others or others won't accept you,

what, you think that I am not thinking you are whining? geez

no offense of course nut, looking forward to racing you in next week

Peanut

shouldn't be any offense taken either way, d.

we'll have fun at vir as always....;D

CCS854

Despite the whining about the whining we can't tear ourselves away from this thread ;)   Thanks for the map, Smoke.

http://www.n-jcenter.com/NewsJournalOnline/Speed/Headlines/03SpeedRBIZ01 032404.htm

Turn #s 1 & 4 refer to the NASCAR oval?  Does the roadcourse run CW or CCW?

Eric Mercer

CCS

Daytona International Speedway took a chance on CCS in 1984 and have been one of our strongest supporters since that time. When we first learned of this possible construction, ISC offered to help us relocate to any of their other facilities, with California and Homestead being the only two viable alternatives.

The obvious choice was Homestead, being only 5-6 hours further than Daytona for East Coast riders (3-4 hours for those able to come down I-75 from the Mid-West or western regions). Obvious pluses are lower hotel rates, less traffic and lower noise from the Biketoberfest party. The down side is that we lose the "neutral" ground that Daytona enjoys since it is only run on twice a year by motorcycles. Running at Homestead, the Florida riders will have the same advantage that Southeast riders have at Road Atlanta for the GNF. (Florida riders have been very successful at Daytona too, averaging more than 50% of the championships over the last 3 years.)

Besides, wouldn't the victory be even sweeter when you win at their "home" track?
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

CCSRacer114

QuoteDespite the whining about the whining we can't tear ourselves away from this thread ;)   Thanks for the map, Smoke.

http://www.n-jcenter.com/NewsJournalOnline/Speed/Headlines/03SpeedRBIZ01 032404.htm

Turn #s 1 & 4 refer to the NASCAR oval?  Does the roadcourse run CW or CCW?

Eric Mercer

Counter Clockwise.

quicktoy

Benji, we'll definately hook up down there bro, do some partying..last year i was too serious and kept crashing..this year, im gonna party on race weekends, I still may crash a lot, but atleast i'll be hungover in doing so ;-)
My return as an Amateur

Super Dave

QuoteDaytona International Speedway took a chance on CCS in 1984 and have been one of our strongest supporters since that time....

I agree.  DIS has been good to CCS and the whole of motorcycle racers in general.

Personally, I think Homestead is a pretty good alternative.  So, I'm in.  See you at Road America.
Super Dave

lil_thorny

Thanks Mr. Elliot.
You have been in here alot lately...it is really
good to see.  :)

ecumike