News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Daytona'04  R.O.C CANCELED !!!!

Started by BERZERKER, March 24, 2004, 07:38:37 AM

hooter31

THIS IS B.S.,HOMESTED IS A FL(only) REGION TRACK(not a track that host multiple regions)...IT SHOULD NOT BE USED AS A TRACK TO DECIDE NAT'L  CHAMPIONSHIPS.DON'T TAKE ME THE WRONG WAY,FL REGION HAS MANY VERY FAST RIDERS THAT COULD PROBABLY WIN AT ALMOST ANY TRACK. BUT TO HAVE THE FINALE AT HOMESTED WOULD DEFINITLY GIVE THEM AN ADVANTAGE...just my 2 cents(i live in fl and it would not be a problem to attend any track days or races, so my opion is not based on having to travel ).

motobenco

I second the vote for Assen, or I'm pretty quick around Mugello (MotoGP2). Otherwise, I'd say Barber or even the new Race Park in Joliet. As for Homestead, count me out, I'll just start my winter vacation early, back to Costa Rica.

enjoy

Are they going to repave the infield? Some grip would be a nice gift.
Rescue and restoration of 60's & 70's motorcycles, former pro-racer, motorsports enthusiast.

Chef

Muguello!!!!!!

OKAY,
BARBER is Fair..........

forty
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

TreyBone

I think it should be in Homestead. :o
That way I could take all my stuff down there and get it stolen. Insurance will give me more for it than if I sell it ;D

It doesn't matter because all the FL region guys will win everything. Everyone here knows that the FL guys are the fastest in the USA.  Why should they have to drive across country to whoop yer ass and take the national championships. It makes more sense to save them some money and let them just drive across the state (or county) and win the national titles.

GOD is everyone here just that stupid?

I love this place.

smoke

1.  Chef  where there H have you been????? >:( Was up?

2. My vote is Barber or RA.  Having an event at a local track like that gives a clear advantage to the guys that run that track day in and out. Just my 2 cents

TreyBone

smoke

WHY there?  logiclay please

r6_philly

Not only Homestead is a FL region track, it makes virtually impossible for any one from out side of FL to test/tune/learn the track before the ROC. I cann't go and ride a track day or attend a regional race at Homestead, it is just too far, and I need 3 extra days off work and spend $350 in gas.

I know 4 people that will not go to Homestead for ROC. I don't really see the point, we will be off by a long shot to the FL guys. Barber or VIR definitely, we can prepare for those tracks. There is a national at Barber and everyone has the chance to go.

It's like going to race at Loudon, we know whos going to go faster.

loosing $1,600 of entries by moving to Homestead may be small from one team, but how many are going to stay home because of the low possility to beat the FL guys?

TreyBone

I just think it's awesome that they never asked us for an opinion on an alternate location ;D

zracer196

I know it's a haul for most people...It is smaller as well (must have smaller grids)...

But the track is fun...The garages are top notch (unless they take em' away!)...

I'll go...

Mark Z.

CCS #196 ex

mmills416

Being from florida it may seem weird, but I actually agree with most of you.  I think the ROC should be at a more centrally located than even Daytona.  Barber, VIR, TWS the problem is that it will always give someone a home court advantage.  I haven't been around long enough to know why all the FL guy's domiante so much at the ROC. The experts should have seen Daytona at least once before.  When I went there as an ameutur I won most of my races in march with little problem and at the ROC the only guys that were close were other Florida guys who were racing there for the first time.  This year was different as an expert guy from all over were flying.  So, Daytona isn't a home court advantage, But Homestead SURE THE HELL IS... There is a regoinal event in June everybody should come to and see the track.  It very fun and HP wont give you any real crutch.  You actully have to ride well to win.
I think the real reason the ROC is at Homestead is ISC owns both tracks and If CCS wants the ROC at Daytona next year it will be at Homestead this year if you catch my drift.

r6_philly

I guess CCS will just eat this one this year. But I don't particularly want to go to homestead in june (and spend a week off) and then go back for the ROC. Next year then.

FL guys don't always dominate at Daytona. Except for Willam Meyers, all the other AM middle weight front runners in the last 2-3 years have been mid atlantic guys in March. Me, Hector, Donnie was up front in March last year. And in ROC it was Ned and thorny... I don't see it as an advantage to anyone, when a FL guy wins, he is fast period.

I don't like this very much. So there is another reprecussion at least for me and others. If I am out of running for a regional championship, I would not go to the last couple rounds just to make a good grid spot at ROC. So CCS is missing some more entries right there. I don't really care if I finished 2nd or 3rd or 4th in the region, unless it is first. So without ROC in mind I would just skip the last 2 rounds. I made them last year even though I Was injured, I know I wouldn't be this year. And If I am not planning to race FUSA at Homestead, I wouldn't be going to Vegas and Loudon either.

End result of this, for me, is I just dropped about 4 weekends of racing and entry fees from my CCS calendar. Now possiblity is wide open :)