News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Daytona'04  R.O.C CANCELED !!!!

Started by BERZERKER, March 24, 2004, 07:38:37 AM

dahustler

Anyone from the Midwest need their bikes towed to Road Atlanta for the GNF's Email me cause that's where I'll be.
David Vaughn
ccs mw ex#27
TrackdayMag.com Racing
Chitown Hustlers

CCSRACER123CCS

I live in California so it doesn't matter to me where it is. I like the fact that it is at Homestead because you don't ahve to be 16, I don't think at least. I just hope that it will be the weeknd before or after the GNF because that way I only make one trip out to the East coast. Maybe CCS will think of that when setting or trying to set a date????

GAMEDIC

I will not be going this year... there is no way i'm driving that far..i can't see how some of you would drive even more than me i live in N Ga and i think it is to far ...not to mentiong the fact that we have no other time to race it at all... RA or VIR  or even Barber would be great... or maybe even a little more west would be in the middle more than way down there in Fl... i am curious as to what the reason was and why we didn't have any say in it at all

Mark Bernard

Wisconson's pretty in the fall....
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

DanO966

Uhhh let's have it a BlackHawk....lol
We'll dodge the snow and the crappy weather... ;) ;)
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

Super Dave

Lord, I can't believe all the whining....

CCS has contracted itself to Daytona International Speedway.  Their alternative is to use the Homestead facility.  Really, it sounds pretty reasoable.  Weather might be warmer.  

I've never been there, but like Scott Greenwood said, that's the way it is.  You go to these races to beat people.  Nicky Hayden went to Europe not knowing the tracks.  I went to Laguna in 1992 for the first time no knowing the track.  Loudon in 1993, etc.

Racers race.

We should have been asked for an opinion?  

AHRMA asks everyones opinion on everything.  And that series is a mess and a virtual shell of what it used to be.  Someone has to make command decisions.  I've butted heads with Kevin Elliott on things that we disagreed with.  And that's fine.  Kevin is more than able to take responsibility for the decisions that need to be made.  

A couple of years ago, the Midwest banquet was held in a place that was decided upon by more of a committee decision.  Most people were NOT happy with the outcome.

I would have been fine to race at Daytona, but we can't.  Slide on the ice, the contracts have been signed for ROC at Daytona, the alternative IS Homestead.  
Super Dave

james-redsv

Another reason not to have it in S.Fla in Oct, Hurricanes.  :o :o

TreyBone

zracer196

Again, for those going to go or are thinking about it...

Homestead is a GREAT track!  Penguin (Eric / Jeff Wood) always come down in Dec.  I am sure they will vouch on the track.  The only problem I see (and it may not be due to the responses) is the size of the track.  I can't see 60+ bike on it at once...Also great garages!  Top notch!

For those who can't...Sorry, but Dave said it best...They are CONTRACTED with DIS...They have no choice.

I can tell you I cannot wait to go back to the RENOVATED Daytona in March 2005!  Will be nice!

See you there who come!

Mark Z.

CCS #196 Ex

cstem

First, to all you sissies who "won't drive that far" etc. etc.- Give me a break!!  The Pacific and SW regions have been driving to Daytona for years and years, not to mention a lot of the GP region folks.  What is another six hours.  You spoiled brats.

Second, I would rather the ROC be held somewhere mor centrally located, somewhere that is not raced regionally (I defintely agree on this point).

Third, as an option to number two- what about holding the ROC on the West Side! (in my best gangbanger voice) like say Las Vegas in the speedway? Maybe alternate the years.  More of you east coast riders need to make it out west to check out our talent, many of which cannot afford or choose not to spend the money to go that far east.  

Lastly-  Remember, this is only for one year (Homeystead) and is due to construction.  So that means Daytona should be better next year right?

Hope to see a few easterners at Vegas for the FUSA race. Come on out, it will be fun and I think you will like the track.  And then you can all gang up on me for my comments on this site!!  LOL  :o
The voice of the Southwest.

r6_philly

you know what, sissies, whiners, other choice words, call what you wish :D doesn't change the fact that tens of thousands of dollars are going to be pulled from CCS's pocket.

thats a fact, if thats whining, then so be it... I like whining anyway, get you noticed  :P

Mark Bernard

I am somewhat disapointed that the ROC will not be at DIR this year. It would have been my first time there. However, I have no problem with going to Homestead. All my family lives down in Fl. so it won't make much of a differance to me either way. Biggest differance for me is that my family lives 45 min from DIR. I am going to need a place to stay while I am at Homestead. Not a big deal tho. Racers can complain all they want, but it's not going to change the fact that it's going to be at Homestead this time. So suck it up, deal with it, or dont go. Simple as that!
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region