News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

National/ Pro Riders Stealing the Ex Championsh

Started by r6racer, October 17, 2003, 07:15:10 PM

TightSqueeze

Yeah, I fought this battle several years ago, and got hammered for even considering that the CCS level of racing be a place for a certain capped level of competition. (Same for WERA Sportsman)

Maybe you can convince CCS not to give a FUSA and a CCS license to the same person, but that would only stand to raise entry fees, as less riders could participate in each series.  I don't think anyone needs that.

It seems justified that if I race an AMA race, that I should finish DFL.  But where is the series for the up-and-coming, not the proven?  There isn't one.

Busch Car guys complain about the Winston guys that run with them... even call them Busch-wackers.  When there is money and titles on the line, everyone is open to do the same thing, it just sucks that I have to have a day job, so I'm more jealous that I'm not 18 and a supported rider, so I want something where an older, fatter, me can still do well. (WERA Vintage, here I come!)

So, if you don't like the Nat'l championship structure of an organization, there's only one thing that you can do...  Don't attend.  If only the pro's show up to win a CCS/Sportsman championship, then you may see a "paradigm shift" to make it more geared towards the masses, not the elite.  The sooner that you understand that the only thing that matters is REVENUE, the sooner you will be happier with many things in life, not just racing.

But, if you enjoy riding for the sake of riding, then show up, and gloat that you raced with the pro's.  Sometimes, you can even beat them, because they fall down, too.

$0.02

bweber

The way I see it, if we are allowed to play in their sandbox, they should be welcome in ours!

lightweightgp

just don't race MW or HW bikes!   No national guys in the LW classes!      SVs for everyone!   (unless rich oliver shows up....)

tshort

QuoteThe way I see it, if we are allowed to play in their sandbox, they should be welcome in ours!

Well, yeah, sure - why not?  And red shirted 2nd year college kids should be allowed to go play in the pro leagues for two years, and then come back and finish up at Ol' Miss.  Makes sense to me... ::)
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

tshort

QuoteWell, yeah, sure - why not?  And red shirted 2nd year college kids should be allowed to go play in the pro leagues for two years, and then come back and finish up at Ol' Miss.  Makes sense to me... ::)

Or for that matter, why not let white platers run against the Ams?  
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

GAMEDIC

QuoteOr for that matter, why not let white platers run against the Ams?  
My point exactly CCS nor WERA let Experts run with the novice class well the way i see it is it's a ladder AM then to EX club level then a little higher you go to FUSA and WERA Nationals then up just a bit moreyou go to AMA supersport or a class like that then AMA superbike then World supersprot then World Superbike and then your Moto GP...nad maybe a couple little things i didn't say...but..now you tell me what would you think if you were Bostrom, Yates, Mladin or any other "PRO" racer and Rossi decides he wants to run AMA ..i mean i know i'm going way out there..but really i'm not it comes down to the point of it all and that would be the same point there is a reason there are different classes and org's ... like i said before if they just want some seat time fine...come play..then pull off. as for the comment  about what would i say if i won a national championship because another rider pulled off.. well if that rider was Rapp or Hayes hell yeah i would not mind one bit..i would even go tell them thanks after the race

coeff

The way I see it, the Race of Champions is not a Championship. It's a race, just like any other. If you tell me you're the national champion of a class because you won one race at Daytona, I'm going to laugh in your face.

A championship only has meaning if it's something you had to work for throughout the whole season.
I mean, really, why should the AMA run 8 race weekends. They could have one race and voila, the winner is the national champion.
One race at Daytona means you won a race, I couldn't care less how the semantics are arranged.
I had a lot of fun traveling across the country in '95 to race the ROC at Daytona, even including the struggles I had with the bike, but even then as a class champion I had no respect for the National Championship as a one off.

I would be embarrased to have a ROC championship trophy amongst any AMA trophies I might have won previously.

Could you imagine if someone asked, "Hey, what's this trophy for", and having to reply "Oh, ummm, I went to Daytona and won a race against a bunch of club racers, so I'm the National Champion.", "I thought you raced top 10 in the AMA?", "Ummm, well, uh, I needed the money?".  

Mongo

You do realize you're talking about racing right?  A sport?  Competition?  

You really feel that even though you aren't faster you should be labeled as being the fastest?

So, you get your wish and none of the fast guys can race against you - where is that line drawn?  What happens when you're the fastest guy and the rule is changed because the slower guys want to be fastest too.

This is racing.  Either race or go home.  If all you want to do is circulate without challenging yourself against faster riders go ride track days.

We separate people based on experience level not speed.  There are fast yellow plates and slow white ones.

Oh yeah, as long as there is money in a class all bets are and always have been off.  

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

lil_thorny

here's the kicker:
when Griff anounced the winner of EX sportbike at the awards ceremony, Rapp wasn't even there, so Griff asked if anyone could accept for him and I yelled out... "yeah, Jesse Janische can because he won that race!"        silence.
it was awesome.
lil thorny.

Gixxer124

Quotehere's the kicker:
when Griff anounced the winner of EX sportbike at the awards ceremony, Rapp wasn't even there, so Griff asked if anyone could accept for him and I yelled out... "yeah, Jesse Janische can because he won that race!"        silence.
it was awesome.
lil thorny.
Priceless! Way to go Benji! ;D

Gixxer124

QuoteYou do realize you're talking about racing right?  A sport?  Competition?  

You really feel that even though you aren't faster you should be labeled as being the fastest?

So, you get your wish and none of the fast guys can race against you - where is that line drawn?  What happens when you're the fastest guy and the rule is changed because the slower guys want to be fastest too.

This is racing.  Either race or go home.  If all you want to do is circulate without challenging yourself against faster riders go ride track days.

We separate people based on experience level not speed.  There are fast yellow plates and slow white ones.

Oh yeah, as long as there is money in a class all bets are and always have been off.  
I'm sure Steve Rapp, Jason Disalvo ect... Are very proud of their CCS National Championships. ::)  Give me a break!

GAMEDIC

YOur argument is that the AMA guys could care less about wining the championship?.. well then they need to stay off the track!!!! The club level guys DO care about it...it means something to them... if they don't care about the race and only want seat time..great more power to them... make it a good practice and they should decide practice is over before the race and come on in.... if US yellow plates start winning everything you can bet your ass that the next season we will have white plates and do we get to come back to yellow and take some money from the AM class or just ride for seat time in the AM class?...hell no we don't !!