News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

National/ Pro Riders Stealing the Ex Championsh

Started by r6racer, October 17, 2003, 07:15:10 PM

r6_philly

here is a better one:

how many riders are in CCS? How many regional champions were there in 2003? How many racers were in top 5 of a class?

And how many of the above racers went to daytona and paid for races?

And how many that didn't come because they didn't think their bike had a chance to win at daytona therefore they didn't have a chance to win the national championship?

And how many didn't come because Daytona is meaningless in half of racer's perspectives?

Now if ROC actually crowns a national champion who is deserving, and honor the 2nd and 3rd place in the championship at all, therefore putting a real meaning and a real sense of accomplishment (or, take the joke out of the ROC), how many more would have come and paid entry fees?

Kevin do the math, if ROC grids is NOT as good as a regional weekend, or ROC grids has been slipping, then why not take a chance and do something different? Maybe that will mean more and bigger green bills in the pocket?

I have been around marketing and business running for a very long time, long before I started riding a motorcycle. What look like a potential loss, can be a long term gain, in more ways than one.

Besides, how many crying, moaning, complaining CCS do you have to see before you review and reassess your business model, or part of it?

Like I said before, I honestly don't think most people who run this industry actually want to grow the industry, or knows how to do it. Its all about protecting the status quo, and as long as the business is afloat, all is well.

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteNo, you still would have had 5th in the ROC. What you might not have had is the dubious distinction of 5th in the National Championship. Currently, nothing after 1st gets any recognition anyway, so that doesn't seem like much of a loss.
Well, I did get a piece of wood...  When my racer friends see it they say, "Dag!  I wish I had that!" ;D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

lil_thorny

Hey Chris,
why did you get wood and I got heavy plaster painted
bronze? ;D
Lil-thorny

StumpysWife

Hey Benji,

Nice pics in RRW!!!  Whoo hooo!   You are a superstar!  How fun!  Rapp, Wait, Benji....Yeah!!!!!

Heather

K3 Chris Onwiler

QuoteHey Chris,
why did you get wood and I got heavy plaster painted
bronze? ;D
Lil-thorny
Talent, maybe?  Nah!  I say it was just dumb luck! ;D
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com