News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

A Question for the CCS Racer

Started by CCS, September 07, 2010, 01:57:20 PM

Are you willing to purchase a personal transponder?

Yes
54 (46.6%)
No
62 (53.4%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Voting closed: September 28, 2010, 01:57:20 PM

CCS

We have been considering a change to the more universally used AMB/My Laps transponder based scoring system for 2011.

If we change over to this system, it would mean that you would have to purchase an AMB/My Laps transponder, current retail is $420 for the rechargable and $380 for the hard wired unit.

On the plus side of the equation for you as a rider, this unit is compatible with the systems in use at various other organization so you would only have to have one unit. You would also see instant upload of lap times and scoring information to the MyLaps website giving you access to all your times and laps from multiple events.

The simple question is:
Are you willing to purchase a personal transponder?

You can also e-mail your answer to info@ccsracing.us with a simple yes or no in the subject line and feel free to voice your opinion in the body of the email.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

LongDogRacing

No, due to the limited number of weekends I can do for a given year.

BUT, I am willing to rent it for the weekend...
Justin Pennella
CCS Ex #32

Proud supporter of MOTOHICK

Jason748

YES! - as long as it's the same unit used by CRA & WERA... the X260 I believe.  probably cuz I already have one.
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

twilkinson3

I would suggest the option to rent a transponder tho I personally would be willing to buy one if usable across multiple orgs so if/when I'm done racing I can recoup part or all of the cost

SVbadguy

I bought one earlier this year in case I was accepted for the IOM TT.  It would be nice to actually use it.

Used ones can be bought for $250.

bel-biv

Steve #176

www.patriotracing.us
Making a difference through motorsports.

Full Spectrum Power | Innovative Motorcycle Research | Cornerspeed | Orient Express | BG Oil | Online Paddock | On The Throttle

George_Linhart

Will the results of answering this pole be the same as the poll for the location of ROC this year?

Not to be a complete @$$, but, If you have either already hade a decision  or will make a decision irrespective of the information gathered in a poll just F@k'ng do it and don't make it seem like we have input.

I don't second guess that you are running a business and have to make decisions in the interest of said business.  However, I just don't see the value of creating a poll if you don't listen to the input.  You would be much better served to just provide us information that due to changes in techology and systems issues you are considering a move to the AMB transponder system and that if this occurs, riders who choose to purchase transponders could get a discount in race entry fees; or, riders who do not own said transponder would be required to pay supplemental fees to rent a transponder for an event...

Ultimately, it is just another peice of equipment we need to have in order to race.

George

MACOP1104

YES because I already have an AMB transponder!

smoke54

will i need 2 transponders for running Team Challenge and Sprints?
tim

Noidly1

'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

TIM PROBST

Oh not another poll asking what the racers think! lol

Perhaps you should preface this post with... f.y.i. "There is no guarantee that the outcome of this poll, will have any effect what so ever, on our final decision."       Just to be safe, ya know?

Hmmm vote what you really think or....the oppisite? That's a tough one.

racenrub

Is it possible that the transponder will work with your run of the mill lap timers and such. If so then i'm game.
There's always worse things then dying