News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS Races Cancelled at Heartland Park Topeka September 4 and 5.

Started by limelight, August 20, 2010, 03:01:42 PM

sasrocks

Quote from: vale46 on August 21, 2010, 10:23:29 PM
Screw HPT. Let's have the last round at Hastings. George loves motorcycles and the racing community. HPT does nothing to accommodate us show up the night before only to have to sleep in the parking lot , exorbent vendor fees. Just my opinion

+1

Lucas W120

Heartland is a great track and its so close to kc, but they have never tried overly hard to accommodate the racers. All us greatplains guys from kc travel 9-10 hours to road a. We can travel to another track too! screw HPT! 

I have to addmit i was one of the guys that was going to wait tell the morning of to regester, but still this was a combined weekend and a double points race for the GP guys. I would understand more if it was just a GP weekend.

I'm for sure not going to give anymore of my track day money to them!

Team Spalding

Quote from: Jeff on August 23, 2010, 10:35:33 AM
Hey Jenny,

I'm gonna step out on a limb here and ask WTF your deal is.  Seriously.  What is your agenda here?  You get all "WooHoo, let's all rally and bring people to CCS" and then it's like your meds wear off and you snap into "Eff CCS! they can't run a business to save their lives!"

Seriously.  What is your purpose? 

If you're so confident that many MANY many people are going to show up at the last minute and race, perhaps you should put YOUR checkbook on the line to back that up!  Besides, (a) it's not like you race; (b) you wouldn't be going anyhow...

So allow me to post up a little community service by asking you to seriously think about what the hell you post.

+1
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

riderupred

Quote from: Jeff on August 23, 2010, 10:35:33 AM
Hey Jenny,

I'm gonna step out on a limb here and ask WTF your deal is.  Seriously.  What is your agenda here?  You get all "WooHoo, let's all rally and bring people to CCS" and then it's like your meds wear off and you snap into "Eff CCS! they can't run a business to save their lives!"

Seriously.  What is your purpose?  

If you're so confident that many MANY many people are going to show up at the last minute and race, perhaps you should put YOUR checkbook on the line to back that up!  Besides, (a) it's not like you race; (b) you wouldn't be going anyhow...

So allow me to post up a little community service by asking you to seriously think about what the hell you post.

Jeff,

:finger: :finger: :finger: insert choice words here ( _________)  You obviously have not paid attention to the posts I have made........... In reference to Meds WTF are you talking about?!? You having the title Admin, admin of what?????

My agenda --- I do not have an agenda........... I was informed in March about the end of CCS racing at BFR by THEIR managment......according to the lastest opps leak, about a week ago on another site,  the new racing series in 2011 at BFR is going to be called the BFR championship cup..... by.... you guessed it, Motovid... Some higher ups can't wait for CCS to tank so they can profit...... If you only knew half of the shit/drama behind the scenes there, you wouldn't be asking so many stupid effing questions........

BFR is viral for CCS because of the tracks own agenda and lack of trained safety crew..(Yes i have seen the pics of the corner worker in 7 sleeping, reading the news paper, and using his laptop, sleeping while a man crashed and spent 3 weeks in ICU after a flight to RMH) PERIOD! I think while it would piss off alot of people, it would be in the best interest of CCS to not run there anymore.  

The BFR schedule change, at least CCS explained the reasons why immediately and the racers heard it first hand from the organization...... This HPT bullshit screwed over a lot of people, cost CCS a lot of money, and has possibly ended a regions season. This was causes by the track, announce by the track, and nothing was ever said by CCS about this until now...  The racers should not have heard this cancellation from HPT first, they should have heard it from CCS first and the amount of time it took CCS to address the issue is very bad for business..... I used to co own a business, I have been in management, I am currently working in my NEXT business degree............Business owners do not get a day off!!! When shit hits the fan you deal with it as it is happening not damn near a week later and it doesn't matter if it is your mother's funeral, x-mas or your wedding... Crisis's are not planned, they do not wait till you have a free moment and when you are dealing with the public like CCS does they can not just let it go.... If they didn't know, they needed to make a statement to the racers that at that time they are unsure of the facts of the situation, it was news to them, they are working diligently to find out the facts and will update as soon as they knew more about the situation..HPT if they didn't inform CCS prior to announcing the cancellation publicly they majorly effed up! And they should be paying the pre entry refunds out of pocket and not CCS. THERE NEEDS TO BE SOME KIND OF ACCOUNTABILITY HERE! Somebody effed up business wise...... and there should be an explanation, take some responsibility for your actions from Christ's sake!!! The racers deserve at least that much!

I stated that no body is to be blamed at one point because nobody new shit except for rumors. Don't bash CCS if they got blind sided on this one.. People/ racers were pissed at CCS for this cancellation but didn't know exactly who or why they canceled the event... before you start pointing fingers make sure you know where and who to point it at. WAIT FOR FACTS OR A STATEMENT FROM CCS!

But, BUT at the same time CCS dropped the ball in announcing this to the racers. It was posted as flash on HPT's homepage in big bold font that the event was canceled......Why was it not posted on the CCS website at the same time as well? EVENTS DO NOT GET CANCELED LIKE THIS!!! There had to be talks about this event between CCS and HPT prior to this notice....

the above is called an unbiased opinion, looking at the situation from different perspectives, every story has two sides--- it pays to check out both and understand it from both.

if your house was burning down how would you like it if the fire department decided to stop off to get coffee on the way to put your house out and then shoved the investigation off until they felt like it.... how would you feel....... would you be a little pissed? Would you be asking WTF is going on and why? I know I would be.  

No I don't race..... But I do have the bike - 2 of them actually, and I did have the goal to race this year.. If I had the money and a set of leathers, I would race. I would be more then happy to pony up my check book Just not at BFR.

But I have been a part of this CCS world for 8 years now, I have 10 years of business experience under my belt and I am not fucking blind, def or dumb!

I have always been a big supporter of CCS and I always will even if they fail.. It is really sad that the organization has hit this point. I never thought I would see this happen.....

BUT IT MAKES ME EFFING SICK to go to a track and listen to the management and staff laugh at CCS and say I can't wait for them emmer effers to tank, they are has beens and washed up, can't we just boot them early, do we really need to let them finish the season?  HENCE MY HUSBAND AND I WILL NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MOTOVID ANYMORE!!!! Yeah trackdays are poison to racing.... but some are worse then other's....owning motovid and then your wife being the track manager is a great way to get what you want..AND THESE PEOPLE MANAGED HPT PRIOR TO COMING TO BFR.. so I am sure there is some pull there too.. and O for those of you who have taken the MOTOVID racer clinics on fridays... yes that qualifies you to get your new BFR licence next year...

so Jeff WTF is YOUR agenda here?  Why are you targeting me? what is your deal? Who are you anyway? I do not recall knowing you.
Mrs. Gntbldr!

riderupred

Quote from: riderupred on August 23, 2010, 04:19:59 PM

BFR is viral for CCS because of the tracks own agenda and lack of trained safety crew..(Yes i have seen the pics of the corner worker in 7 sleeping, reading the news paper, and using his laptop, sleeping while a man crashed and spent 3 weeks in ICU after a flight to RMH) PERIOD! I think while it would piss off alot of people, it would be in the best interest of CCS to not run there anymore. 

... I used to co own a business, I have been in management, I am currently working in my NEXT business degree...........

the corner worker in 7 failed to recognized the fact that there was debris/oil on the track which caused this wreck because he was reading a novel

why don't I own the business anymore

it was an auto repair shop and the other owner was stealing from the business, so I signed off and walked so he could steal from himself.
Mrs. Gntbldr!

vale46

From a business perspective CCS to me would be dropping the ball if they don't find an alternative place to finish out the season. Just because HPT pulled the plug doesn't mean the season should be over. CCS should have been looking for an alternative sight the minute they found this out. If they don't then they are saying they don't give a crap for the GP region. Who knows maybe HPT is pissed off the the Race of Champions is at Homestead but either way not to finish out the season is a joke.
CCS #58
2008 Sponsors Burke Engineering, Lithium Motorsports, Monster Energy, Iowa City Motorsports, Vortex,  Leo Vince
Lockhart Phillips, Pirelli

Team Spalding

Hey riderupreped you must be Jenny since you replied to Jeff.

I did not mean to +1 ya on the whole quote. I just meant to quote the part about CCS having to make decisions based on pre entries. There was something like 9 pre entries at Gateway at the last round and more signed up that day but there was many races with only one or two riders. That just shows it is a gage of what to expect.

Thats all. Did not mean to get your name in there.

I do not know you(I don't think) and do not want you to take it the wrong way.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sobottka

maybe after ruderupred gets her second buisness degree she can start her own race series! ....complete with a free safty crew!   :thumb:

.......jus sayin
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

riderupred

Quote from: Sobottka on August 23, 2010, 05:21:38 PM
maybe after ruderupred gets her second buisness degree she can start her own race series! ....complete with a free safty crew!   :thumb:

.......jus sayin

will be 2nd and 3rd degree :D doing them at the same time... hence no money :( takes money to make money.

Not a bad idea ;)    Or better yet help Kevin by sponsoring CCS  financially, provide CCS with their own safety crew, and do some marketing for him free of charge........... I want Kevin's dream to stay alive and well..... not replace it.

yes Joel we have met a couple times, the challenges, and a few races.No offense taken, no hard feelings :)
Mrs. Gntbldr!

Team Spalding

yes Joel we have met a couple times, the challenges, and a few races.No offense taken, no hard feelings :)

Do you have a last name? I know a few(in my best Forest Gump voice) "Jennys"

Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Burt Munro

I can think of only one appropriate thing to say......

Jim, you have my deepest sympathy.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

riderupred

Quote from: Team Spalding on August 23, 2010, 06:14:24 PM
Do you have a last name? I know a few(in my best Forest Gump voice) "Jennys"

Rodefer..... Jenna Rodefer

and Burt.............  Seriously!?!  Get a life! How old are you?  The personal attacks are really getting old..... GROW UP!! You are double my age, I should not be having to say this to you.
Mrs. Gntbldr!