News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS Races Cancelled at Heartland Park Topeka September 4 and 5.

Started by limelight, August 20, 2010, 03:01:42 PM

limelight

Just got off the phone with HPT and they confirmed the rumor that the CCS races have been cancelled.
Richard Woten
Past President
Dell's Honda
GP  #12
CBR600F2

Lucas W120

I hadn't heard this rumor.... Why the f__k would they do that??? I was really looking forward to that weedend....

Tornado Bait

Speed & Strength, BikeMaster, Vortex, E4S, Tucker Rocky
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing

racerhall

Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

YellowRacer

What...? I had a couple friends coming out to cheer for me too! I was going to have a umbrella girl! A UMBRELLA GIRL!!!!!! COME ON!!!
CCS #131 AM

How do they do it?
Why do they do it?
Riding, and crashing, and riding, and winning
And always faster, and faster, and faster!
     - Faster

gearhead

Thats a bummer! 
With this race on a three day weekend it was on my schedule for the first time.
I was really looking forward to going there, plus it was a combo GP/MW event.

wirehairs2

Nice way to find out! One would think that CCS would at least post it up on the front page as soon as it was determined. I had faxed my entry last night , I called CCS after reading this and got a recording that said they were on the phone and leave a message and they would call back-------never happened. :finger:  What a great way to piss off the very racers they and the track need to stage such events.

Andi

Quote from: wirehairs2 on August 20, 2010, 09:07:09 PM
Nice way to find out! One would think that CCS would at least post it up on the front page as soon as it was determined. I had faxed my entry last night , I called CCS after reading this and got a recording that said they were on the phone and leave a message and they would call back-------never happened. :finger:  What a great way to piss off the very racers they and the track need to stage such events.
I agree 100%. I've always supported CCS since it was the only local racing organization. I won't anymore. I'd rather burn the gas for CMRA, MRA, or CRA events.

grasslander

I've been told that HPT canceled the event and didn't inform CCS.  My understanding is Kevin found out about this today when called by a CCS member to confirm.   I do agree that this is probably the end for CCS-GP.
CCS #413 CMRA #413
G-Baby Racing Endurance Team
2013 ASRA Team Challenge GTL National Champions
2015 US National Endurance Series LW National Champions

kevinhuff

talk to nancy on thursday and ask her about this rumor and she said they had not heard of this and were planning on being there  sept 4,5. hpt pulled the plug

riderupred

I see everybody posting heard rumors and no hardcore facts.............  Why is there no comment from CCS?  They were quick to respond to the BFR schedule change.

The racers deserve the right to know the truth and all the truth. If CCS canceled they need to explain.....If HPT pulled they need to come clean and take responsibility  so that CCS doesn't take anymore of a bashing.... Like they really need that right now.

Either way an event doesn't just get canceled like this.. there is always talk and negotiation prior to the decision.

the truth ------ HPT event is canceled.
the unknown -------------- WHY???
the truth about the unknown ------ everybody deserves an explanation
the truth ----- this will effect the BFR turn out negatively because this was a make or break it event and CCS has let the racer community down and they are PISSED

the question ----- What now?
Mrs. Gntbldr!

Burt Munro

Take a breath Riderupred. 

The news on this broke with Limelight posting here at 2pm on Friday.  He got word of this from the track, who from accounts I've read here and at the kcsportbikes website, haven't formally advised CCS of this decision.

Kevinhuff posted less than an hour before you that he talked to Nancy Elliott at the CCS office on Thursday about this rumor and they (CCS) knew nothing about any changes...... talk to nancy on thursday and ask her about this rumor and she said they had not heard of this and were planning on being there  sept 4,5. hpt pulled the plug

I have a contract with HPT that says I'm supposed to be the Starter for this event.  The first I heard ANYTHING including rumors about this was Friday after Limelight posted at 2pm.

I wouldn't be so quick to throw CCS to the wolves on this.  Looks to me like they may be as blindsided by this as everyone else.  Afterall.....  this Forum is not run by CCS - it merely serves as a location for fans of CCS to communicate.

I know you said you considered earlier starting your own Track Safety organization.   Hopefully, your knee jerk reaction here is not representative of how that organization would be run. 

Let's take a deep breath and gather all the facts before we go to DEFCON 5!
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!