News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS Races Cancelled at Heartland Park Topeka September 4 and 5.

Started by limelight, August 20, 2010, 03:01:42 PM

riderupred

Quote from: limelight on August 21, 2010, 09:58:17 AM
I believe the MLRA late model series is run a the dirt track and not the road course.

Thank you for that, I didn't realize.
Mrs. Gntbldr!

gonecrazy

I would say that the sept hpt was a huge event. the asra/mw/gp would have been there big one. all season long the entries and turn out has been horrible at HPT. look at the last round results, there were enough people there to make one good grid so they may have just bagged the idea. Kevin and CCS probably has not made a comment yet becausr they are still trying to figure out what going on and possibly trying to fix it before its a total loss. I wouldnt count the GP region done either after this year, theres alot to be discussed.

vale46

Screw HPT. Let's have the last round at Hastings. George loves motorcycles and the racing community. HPT does nothing to accommodate us show up the night before only to have to sleep in the parking lot , exorbent vendor fees. Just my opinion
CCS #58
2008 Sponsors Burke Engineering, Lithium Motorsports, Monster Energy, Iowa City Motorsports, Vortex,  Leo Vince
Lockhart Phillips, Pirelli

TrophyGal

Quote from: racerhall on August 20, 2010, 03:58:47 PM
real nice that ccs informs us of this

We just found out yesterday for certain.  It was going to be announced at the BH riders' meetings. Unfortunately everyone who could update the website was out of town visiting relatives.  I will be handling that within the hour.

Andi

QuoteIs that the end of the GP region's season?

Don't know that yet.  Call the Fort Worth office.  (I'm just the webmistress and don't live or work in Texas)

Noidly1

I would like to make a motion that the last Blackhawk round include the GP region.

I have never been to BHF and want to go.

It would be nice if CCS made the last BHF round a dual region event so GP racers have a chance to fight for the championship and not have to settle for their current positions.
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

kevinhuff

gixxer188

Well, they updated the CCS front page with this.  I guess this is your answer as to why it was canceled.

SEPT 4-5 EVENT AT HEARTLAND PARK CANCELLED

Heartland Park Topeka track personnel have confirmed with CCS officials that their race event scheduled for Sept. 4-5, 2010, has been cancelled for economic reasons.

Racers who pre-entered this Heartland Park event should contact the CCS office ASAP by email (info@ccsracing.us) or phone (817-246-1127) concerning their pre-entry fees.
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

Andi

Quote from: kevinhuff on August 22, 2010, 08:44:24 PM
i would like to call it the end of the seson for gp
Might as well call it the end of the GP region.

HAWK

CCS (Kevin Elliot) is trying to run a racing series. The current economic times are making that very difficult. The situations at BHF and HPT are both the result of this. The difference? HPT yanked the plug, Kevin did what he could to keep the schedule albeit condenced. Now Riders want to throw him under the bus?

:preachon:

Times are tough right now and we're going to have to deal with that for a while but complaining that your favorite event got cancled or condensed is not going to help anything. If every rider that made this weekends BHF round had brought one rider that was not going to run (new racer or racer that was going to skip the event) then we might have been able to restore the full weekend in September. Stop bitching and get someone to sign up for 1 race in September. Remember how that first race hooked you, try to get some new blood hooked. Know a racer that can't afford the next round, share a ride, hotel room, whatever it takes to bring them back. The great thing about the racing community for me has always been that someone's always got my back. Let's stop thinking ME ME ME and start thinking US US US. While businesses are collapsing left and right maybe CCS can be one of the ones that makes it.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

roadracer162

I'm with you there Paul. In speculation, the club racing model will need to be reviewed for a solution. I try to do my part and bring out other riders through mentorship of the new rider and in my brother's case I sought sponsorship from the family for his first race experience. He essentially did his first weekend including the licensing school for free. He borrowed my spare leathers, boots, gloves, and spine protector. He also rode on my other race bike(FZR400).

Another solution that we are using for the CCS Vintage racing is to have a three event championship. Keep in mind this Vintage class was nixed due to lack of participation in the past. Each event is held at a different track throughout the year. The Premier class racers will be racing for the "William's Cup". This cup is a wonderful piece costing some $500+ and put together due to the efforts of a local racer Michael Perry.

Here in Florida we have a two day event where Saturday is essentially a track day for $75. It works well for me because it allows me 7 sessions to get my bike right for that track and learn a thing or two about riding and bike set-up. I get to compare some notes to others that are under my canopy. Sunday is dedicated to a full day of racing. I typically race two races so I get a total of 10 "on-track" sessions for the weekend. For a total of $215 for Saturday($75), Sunday races($55 each race) and the weekend gate pass($30) to do a race weekend it's not half bad. A track day at that same tracks costs $205.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Jeff

Hey Jenny,

I'm gonna step out on a limb here and ask WTF your deal is.  Seriously.  What is your agenda here?  You get all "WooHoo, let's all rally and bring people to CCS" and then it's like your meds wear off and you snap into "Eff CCS! they can't run a business to save their lives!"

Seriously.  What is your purpose? 

If you're so confident that many MANY many people are going to show up at the last minute and race, perhaps you should put YOUR checkbook on the line to back that up!  Besides, (a) it's not like you race; (b) you wouldn't be going anyhow...

So allow me to post up a little community service by asking you to seriously think about what the hell you post.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest