CCS Races Cancelled at Heartland Park Topeka September 4 and 5.

Started by limelight, August 20, 2010, 03:01:42 PM

Burt Munro

Quote from: riderupred on August 21, 2010, 02:19:25 AM
I see everybody posting heard rumors and no hardcore facts.............  Why is there no comment from CCS?  They were quick to respond to the BFR schedule change.

Two important points:

Races at Blackhawk are run by CCS - CCS is on the hook for any losses.
Races at Topeka are run by HPT (sanctioned by CCS) - the Track is the one on the hook for any losses.

Concerning a quick response to the condensed Blackhawk race schedule: 
Info on this change became public on Aug 5th with a press release that appeared in roadracing world magazine.com and a thread was started here at 10pm on Aug 5th.  The initial official response here from CCS occurred on Aug 9th at 2:30pm.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

riderupred

Quote from: Burt Munro on August 21, 2010, 02:46:28 AM
Take a breath Riderupred.  

The news on this broke with Limelight posting here at 2pm on Friday.  He got word of this from the track, who from accounts I've read here and at the kcsportbikes website, haven't formally advised CCS of this decision.

Kevinhuff posted less than an hour before you that he talked to Nancy Elliott at the CCS office on Thursday about this rumor and they (CCS) knew nothing about any changes...... talk to nancy on thursday and ask her about this rumor and she said they had not heard of this and were planning on being there  sept 4,5. hpt pulled the plug

I have a contract with HPT that says I'm supposed to be the Starter for this event.  The first I heard ANYTHING including rumors about this was Friday after Limelight posted at 2pm.

I wouldn't be so quick to throw CCS to the wolves on this.  Looks to me like they may be as blindsided by this as everyone else.  Afterall.....  this Forum is not run by CCS - it merely serves as a location for fans of CCS to communicate.

I know you said you considered earlier starting your own Track Safety organization.   Hopefully, your knee jerk reaction here is not representative of how that organization would be run.  

Let's take a deep breath and gather all the facts before we go to DEFCON 5!

WOOOO no decon 5 Here Burt...... I actually stated in my post that this is the thing that CCS  Does not need  right now and some facts are needed asap to stop the CCS bashing....   People are saying they are Pissed and rightfully so finding the information they did.

I am simply asking that the racing community  not listen to the rumors and pass judgments before they get the facts.  CCS has a responsibility to  inform the racers of such changes immediately and so far there has been no response from them on this issue.

I think the whole deal is shitty!!!!! and if HPT pulled , and blindsided CCS, they own the racers and CCS an explanation as to why.

This is a horrible situation for CCS!!!  This is beyond fucked up!!!  and I think that people ( racers ) need to get the facts. They have the right to be pissed but contain it untill you really know the whole story and not just being pissed based on a rumor.

In short ..... to the racers, please wait till CCS has a chance to provide you with the information before you freak out and say your done and walking away, your not supporting CCS anymore, Just wait for the details and statement issued by CCS..... If HTP is at fault here then why landbast CCS for it, it wasn't there fault.  Get the facts first.
Mrs. Gntbldr!

riderupred

Quote from: Burt Munro on August 21, 2010, 03:21:04 AM
Two important points:

Races at Blackhawk are run by CCS - CCS is on the hook for any losses.
Races at Topeka are run by HPT (sanctioned by CCS) - the Track is the one on the hook for any losses.

Concerning a quick response to the condensed Blackhawk race schedule: 
Info on this change became public on Aug 5th with a press release that appeared in roadracing world magazine.com and a thread was started here at 10pm on Aug 5th.  The initial official response here from CCS occurred on Aug 9th at 2:30pm.

The change of the schedule is a whole different situation then canceling the largest event of the season, with the highest # of entrants and spectator turn outs. This was a huge event for alot of racers, a make it or break it for the season event.  This was not only a GP and MW combined event but it was also the double points weekend... Which happens to be being held at a track that was polled to be the favorite track over all of CCS riders and that they also wanted the ROC to held at this track. Now all of the sudden this is stripped from them with no word from the organiztion..... This is a devastating loss to everybody, with many un answered questions.

on August 5th CCS posted the BFR changes on there website, which was the same time RoadRacing world announced it. There was no lack of informing the racers of this change as CCS announced it the day they decided.

When you own an organization like this one or any business for that matter, when a crisis occurs, you deal with it immediately.... a business owner doesn't get a day off.... hell the president doesn't get a day off.. HPT date being canceled is a crisis for the racers and the organization and needs immediate attention, regardless of what day of the week it is or what time of the day it is.  Racer's should have heard it first from CCS, Not HPT.... that is really shitty.... Kevin gets to find out that his biggest event is canceled by pissed off racers.  Just horrible that HPT would tell the world they were canceling an event without informing the event holders first of the cancellation.
Mrs. Gntbldr!

Andi

It doesn't matter who you blame as long as you blame someone! ;-)

riderupred

Quote from: Andi on August 21, 2010, 05:11:24 AM
It doesn't matter who you blame as long as you blame someone! ;-)

No body needs to be blamed, somebody just needs to be held accountable for their actions.
Mrs. Gntbldr!

Andi

Quote from: riderupred on August 21, 2010, 05:35:17 AM
No body needs to be blamed, somebody just needs to be held accountable for their actions.
I agree. For either party to pull the plug this late in the game is pretty crappy. If it was HPT who did it I would really like to hear their reasoning behind it. A low amount pre-registration entries isn't a good enough excuse. Not everyone enters before race day. If it was CCS who did then their communication of it to the riders shows no class at all and will cost them a few more racers. Regardless of who did it this really sucks for the participants. I had been looking forward to this round for quite some time now.

grasslander

BTW: as of yesterday evening, HPT's website announces that the September 5th CCS races have been canceled.  I'm thinking that HPT has some explaining to do to several folks...
CCS #413 CMRA #413
G-Baby Racing Endurance Team
2013 ASRA Team Challenge GTL National Champions
2015 US National Endurance Series LW National Champions

spyderchick

For the record to all members: the CCS Forum has no official affiliation with CCS and as such is not an official outlet for them to communicate with racers and CCS support people.

Occasionally, Kevin and other staff of CCS will kindly answer questions and concerns and post information as it becomes available.

Regarding the cancellation of the HPT event, www.ccsracing.us is your official source for that info. Not here, RRW or the track website.

If the event has been canceled, that is unfortunate. However, it's not like someone drove 700 miles to find the gates closed. I'm sure explanations will be forthcoming as more info becomes available. Please remember the CCS is comprised of just a couple of individuals, and they need to check things out before they respond. In this age of the internet, not everything can happen at a lightning pace, especially with something that affects a large and geographically diverse group of folks.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

riderupred

HRRS confirms as a huge headliner on their home page that the event has been canceled with no make up date. But the Official CCS racing website is still showing this as an active date..... My concern is for the people that do not check the track site and are only going off of what the CCS schedule states that chose not to partake in forums.

Understandable that Kevin or other staff have not responded yet hence awaiting more information,........ Just a very crappy, and humiliating too CCS and the Racers way for HPT to announce the cancellation :(  It is advertised like it is a huge event on their homepage.

a couple of people prior said "well thats the end of the GP series", that maybe true, but HPT was not just a GP event, it was also a MW event. MW has been slammed hard enough with the recent cut backs at BFR :(

another mentioned the pre reg thought, many MANY many racers do not pre register and the people running the show should know this.... Nobody can tell the future thus canceling on a hunch that there might be a poor turn out due to the lack of pre registrants is..... effin retarded. 

so before we  :finger: and  :jerkoff: or  :whine: we need to wait to get the facts.
Mrs. Gntbldr!

riderupred

I would also like to point out that HPT has already book and is advertising MLRA  late model series presented by Lucas Oil racing @  HPT on the 4th.

is it possible that there was a scheduling issue where they mistakenly double booked the track?
Mrs. Gntbldr!

limelight

I believe the MLRA late model series is run a the dirt track and not the road course.
Richard Woten
Past President
Dell's Honda
GP  #12
CBR600F2

weggieman