Main Menu

Summit point

Started by gixster, June 11, 2008, 01:03:55 PM

mikendzel

Any updates on the track condition???

gixster

Yeah lots of sealer, from 5 through 9. :jerkoff:

LilJayRR

I just wonder how it is after this weekends Hyperfest car event. They were doing drift racing through the carrousel from turn 5 to 9.  I'm sure that was great for the pavement!!
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

Gixxerblade

Porbably laid a lot of rubber down for us. LOL

honda60071

Any other news on how the track looks for this wekend?
Shawn

bel-biv

Geoff Doyer posted this on the WERA board

"They used an epoxy patching material that the scca boys say has fantastic grip. There are still ripples but supposedly they are able to get rid of these. Some additional repairs were expected to be made tonight but they were unable to complete them due to weather. The epoxy has a 4 hour cure time. They may be doing some work thursday night after the rog lyle day. They did not lay any sealer contrary to the BS spewed on BBSs across the land "

I'm not running either of the track days, but I'll see you up there for the races Saturday and Sunday
Steve #176

www.patriotracing.us
Making a difference through motorsports.

Full Spectrum Power | Innovative Motorcycle Research | Cornerspeed | Orient Express | BG Oil | Online Paddock | On The Throttle

clarustnb

Could we perhaps get someone that is running one of those days to give us an update?  Not that it would change my plans for the weekend though.
Benjamin Loyle
SV650 # 909
http://loyle.lwtracer.com/

mikendzel

I am waiting for an update after Thursday, but eveidently they're doing more work to try and smooth out 5 (speculation garnered from Geoff 's post) AFTER thursday, with the epoxy stuff that only takes 4 hours to cure. 

Who knows man, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it won't look like it did when WERA raced there in June.

honda60071

can only imagine what will happen if rains 40% scattered last report I saw, But who cares lets race!!!!!!!!
Shawn

divein6

honda60071

you have a malformed video id, Now weather is 60% on Sat.
Shawn

bel-biv

Enough with the freaking weather updates!

Steve #176

www.patriotracing.us
Making a difference through motorsports.

Full Spectrum Power | Innovative Motorcycle Research | Cornerspeed | Orient Express | BG Oil | Online Paddock | On The Throttle