News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Summit point

Started by gixster, June 11, 2008, 01:03:55 PM

steelcityracer

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on June 16, 2008, 05:10:55 PM
Not under the current restrictions which prohibt even stock exhaust machines from competition.

Due to sound limitations applicable to operations at BeaveRun, no vehicle will be permitted to operate with a sound level in excess of 95 dbA as measured at a distance of 50 feet from the vehicle under full throttle.

The chance of a race event being stopped mid-event or riders fined for a regulation that our competitors cannot meet is not worth the risk of adding it to the schedule regardless of past history. If or when the noise ordinace is lifted/amended then we look at it as a viable race facilty.

You keep citing this as a reason for ccs not racing at Beaver, but the reality of the situation is that loud motorcycles race and ride there all the time, and no one is ever kicked off of the track for being too loud.  WERA has been racing there since 2004 without any incidents of someone being kicked off of the track for being too loud.  I have seen cars autocrossing there that are louder than any bike I have ever heard.  Even louder than the ULGP bikes at Homestead.

forceten

This was all summit pavement on monday. I think 10-12 people went down monday alone. I know sunday had a number of people go down also. The heat coupled with the track conditions were terrible.

Got a small vid of somebody going down between 6 and 7 on sunday.

Chris410

Will the race weekend still be held?  Has Summit made an official statement on this?  I checked the site and there is no mention of this. 

I plan on running the weekend however, at this point I am hoping it is not cancelled. 
Chris AM #410 Mid-Atlantic
2008 MARRC Amateur Racer of the year

Russell2566

Hopefully we will get some official word soon from someone we can trust.

I wish I was 8 hours away.

Eric Kelcher

There is no discussion of canceling event.

Was unable to look at actual track surface today as the track was in use. Track is working on repairs and is looking at methods that will work within the time constraints that will minimize downtime and be the best long term solution. Concrete is an option but not preferred.

Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Chris410

Thank you for the update Eric
Chris AM #410 Mid-Atlantic
2008 MARRC Amateur Racer of the year

gpstar1

Hey! Heres a novel idea, how about letting the blacktop cure before putting heavy cars out on it! I haven't been to the track since last year, but it sound to me that there was no cure time for the new surface. Just my 2 cents.
Chris Kalb
EX Mid Atlantic 797 CCS / ASRA
LP Racing, Pirelli, Street & Comp,

Ant

I heard some people got a letter that the event may be cancled...I didn't get anything. Is that true?

LilJayRR

Quote from: Ant on June 21, 2008, 10:19:17 PM
I heard some people got a letter that the event may be cancled...I didn't get anything. Is that true?

Read the post from Eric about 3 posts up...
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

Ant

Quote from: LilJayRR on June 21, 2008, 11:48:04 PM
Read the post from Eric about 3 posts up...

I did which is why the news of someone getting a letter really surprised me. I'm assuming from your response you didn't get a letter either.

Eric Kelcher

The event is not canceled, or even been discussed as canceled.

edit there is no letter regarding this event that has gone out as there is/was no reason for a letter to go out discussing status of event.

Information on CCS website is the proper place for full facts regarding events
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Ant

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on June 22, 2008, 08:30:18 AM
The event is not canceled, or even been discussed as canceled.

Ok, great, thanks, I appreciate that!