News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Summit point

Started by gixster, June 11, 2008, 01:03:55 PM

mikendzel

Anybody get pics yet of the "fixed" surface?

cgorham

Should I go on a fact finding mission?  I wonder if they need cornerworkers for anything in the near future, or track broomers maybe?

Eric Kelcher

I am going up there on Wed before heading to VIR.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Hollywood

I was at Shenandoah with Roger Lyle this morning and went over to check out the main course when I left at noon. The Porsche Club was there, and you see some of the corners where track wear was visibly noticed from a distance. Many of the cars coming in from the track had gravel stuff stuck to the rubber on the sides of the cars. I dunno if that stuff is normal or not though.
ASRA/CCS EX#20  
www.rpmmotorsportsracing.com

Russell2566

I know I'm probably getting worked up over nothing, but I'm less and less excited about missing July 4th weekend with Family to race at Summit.

Z-man

So any chance of them digging up the new surface, leaving the old surface the way it was and laying down some new concrete....:o)
CCS #79 EX

2007 Sponsors
Speedwerks, Team Pro-Motion, Martinmoto.com, Turner Landscaping, CTR, Redline Motorsports, Oxtar, Pirelli, Amsoil, LP, Vortex

PJ721

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on June 16, 2008, 10:28:03 AM
I am going up there on Wed before heading to VIR.

thanks Eric...we'll all be waiting for your thoughts and info..
Paul Castiglia
CCS - #524 - SV650

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Laugh uncontrollably...
And never regret anything that made you smile....

Cowboy 6

Quote from: bel-biv on June 15, 2008, 10:42:22 PM

Lets get Summit right and look toward adding NJMSP for next year....

How about adding Beaver Run to the ticket?
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

Eric Kelcher

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on June 16, 2008, 03:31:17 PM
How about adding Beaver Run to the ticket?

Not under the current restrictions which prohibt even stock exhaust machines from competition.

Due to sound limitations applicable to operations at BeaveRun, no vehicle will be permitted to operate with a sound level in excess of 95 dbA as measured at a distance of 50 feet from the vehicle under full throttle.

The chance of a race event being stopped mid-event or riders fined for a regulation that our competitors cannot meet is not worth the risk of adding it to the schedule regardless of past history. If or when the noise ordinace is lifted/amended then we look at it as a viable race facilty.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

Cowboy 6

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on June 16, 2008, 05:10:55 PM
Not under the current restrictions which prohibt even stock exhaust machines from competition.

Due to sound limitations applicable to operations at BeaveRun, no vehicle will be permitted to operate with a sound level in excess of 95 dbA as measured at a distance of 50 feet from the vehicle under full throttle.

OUCH! Thanks for the update/clarification.

The chance of a race event being stopped mid-event or riders fined for a regulation that our competitors cannot meet is not worth the risk of adding it to the schedule regardless of past history. If or when the noise ordinace is lifted/amended then we look at it as a viable race facilty.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

gixster

Quote from: Eric Kelcher on June 16, 2008, 05:10:55 PM

Does'nt wera race there??

musikkant

Quote from: gixster on June 17, 2008, 04:51:20 PM
Does'nt wera race there??

Yes, I think they race there on August 30-31.