divein6

i suck at the internets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sowVGe3RoVI&feature=related
try that one now

NJ motorsports park

mikendzel

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=180757

THUMBS DOWN!!!!!

And that report is in dry, not very hot conditions...... 
I'm off to glue kneepucks all over my suit.

honda60071

Shawn

LongDogRacing

boo-yah.  Hate to have bought these Bridgestone Rains and not get a chance to use them!  (I opted to not buy them at CMP and lost out, big time!)
Justin Pennella
CCS Ex #32

Proud supporter of MOTOHICK

mikendzel

I've been playing meteorologist (going to the animated maps and trying to project my own rain timeline...) and it looks like the worst should be over in about 24 hours.  Sadly, I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night...

I was going to buy some slicks, but we'll see what the weather is like, may be buying some rains!!!

Any pointers out there from people who have ridden in the rain before?  I was going to at CMP, but was too busy piecing my bike bike together from my stupid first lap/cold tire/first turn crash to get ready for the races on saturday.  Plus I was pretty embarassed....

Chris410

A few people I know are at the Roger Lyle day and say the track is horrible.  Let's hope they put the sealer or figure something out because the people providing the information will ride anything so if they say it's bad, it must be bad.

Turns 1, 3, 5,6,7, and 10 have sealer (expoxy) which they are saying is very slick.  Should be very interesting if it rains but whatever...it will be a challenge so let's do our best everyone.

I'm riding the track tomorrow with MARRC, if my EVDO card works I'll post some real time updates.
Chris AM #410 Mid-Atlantic
2008 MARRC Amateur Racer of the year

s a x m a n

This is my first trip to Summit this weekend and based on these posts it hard to get excited about it.

Maybe I'll be the lucky to not have any experiance at Summit and just have to learn the track as is, as opposed to have to relearn it with all the issues.

Guess I'll find out first hand tomorrow ... should be a fun weekend anyway, rain or shine, smooth track or not. (=

Russell2566

I'm laying in my tent at summit point recovering from pulling my arm out of socket crashing in T-4 like a complete moron in the rain (on my blackberry)

The track is in ruff shape. There are bonafied woops in T1, T5 and T6.

The truth is when the track is dry it's still fast. T1 and T6 are slower with greatly diminished lines excet for a small line on the inside. T5 is horrible almost forcing eveyone to go wide/deep.

The bumps are several inshes deep so they just are,t ruff patches.

In the rain the track is tretourous. Extremly slick and standing water in several places (1mm or 2).

If it rains this weekend I would only recomend rain tires.... I wish I had better news.

Mongo

You crashed in the rain on your blackberry?  I'd try a bike and rain tires next time, better traction  :-)

Sean P. Clarke
WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
www.wera.com

mikendzel

The place isn't that great in the dry either; just watched a dude bin it big time in T10 after touching the epoxy(*)

* The epoxy is like glass.  I walked out on the track with some MARRC peeps; it is clear, shiny, and glass-like in texture (i.e. NO texture, therefore NO grip).  A dude on a Buell dumped it on the EXACT same spot (approx 15' before the apex cone) in the rain during practice, almost straight up and down.  The same stuff is in T1 and T6 according to the MARRC workers.  After actually feeling the epoxy with my fingers, I'm in shock that they put it on the track knowing bikes would be riding on it.  Nearly everyone who hit it wobbled/slid/fell.  It's disgusting.

Russell2566

I believe this weekend will be last last time at Summit Point. I'm not driving 8 hours to support a track owner that is so careless and lazy. As much as I like all the Mid atlantic guys, I think I'll be driving to Louden instead (which I can't believe I now feel is way safer than Summit Point).

Maybe they will fix it before next time.

LilJayRR

The rack is horrible for sure.. A few liness, inside and outside of the woops in 1, 5, and 6, but they are no where near as fast as a month ago....  I should be able to recover from my crash in turn 4 to be ready for the next summit round. I hope they do something, cuz its only going to get worsse..

Hope your shoulder feels better quick Russ... at least you didnt break anything like I did... :-( 
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft