Started by damico, December 09, 2005, 05:34:46 PM

tshort

so, ah, is this thing dead?? ;D ;D ;D ;D
Tom
ThinkFast Racing
AFM #280 EX
ex-CCS #128

Super Dave

QuoteTheres no way that a set of springs and Racetech valving are going to compare to the 25mm Ohlins carts that I have in my new SS legal 1k Suzuki. Give me a cookie....

Well, there are racers that actually make money with manufacturer contingency that don't like or use the drop in aftermarket cartidges.  If it works for you, great.  How much affect does it have on your lap times?

And Thingy...the feeling is mutual.... ::) :-*
Super Dave

damico

OK Dave the suspense is killing me. Why are you changing your name constantly? Are you on the run?
Are you having identity problems?

Super Dave

Not the kind of identity problems you might think... :-*

LOL!

(The board is boring lately...)

Tom, this thread might never die.  Every year, Supersport is questioned.

The rewards for this class are probably the highest because it is the most attainable.  Fast riders have won races on simple set ups.  Yeah, there are those that live on the edge, there are those that cheat, and there are those that rightfully build to the rules.  The rules have been "corrupted" over some time.  Probably about ten years ago where it started to substantially change from what it was "in the beginning".  

Winning a supersport race is a badge of honor to me, and I recognize when a rider wins a supersport race that it is a lot of work.  For me, personally, Supersport is the only one that is reasonable.  There is, at least, a reasonable cap on what can be done.  But the jar is too big.  That's all that Jason, myself, and even Ed believe.  

Most manufacturers focus a good deal of contingency in the Supersport classes over GP and Superbike.  So, it does have the most reward.
Super Dave