White or yellow?

Started by Gixxer124, October 06, 2002, 09:44:12 PM

Gixxer124

Looking for advice/opinions. I won the Great Plains and Great Lakes Formula 40 championship this year. Rules say I have to run white plates next year. (I've been told) If I was just running F40 that would be fine, but I race other classes and get my butt kicked at the amateur level. I'm not chasing pionts next year and this was my first year of racing. I still make lots of mistakes and have no ambition to go very much faster. :o. What do you think? Flame away, I can take it. Later, Kevin

roadracer797

Kevin
First let me say congrats on the two championships.
The rules do state that you have to move up if you win one. If next year all you are going to run is F40 then yes I believe you should move up because you are fast enough to race with the experts. All you can do is ask to stay down one more year and they (CCS) will make that decision. But hey if you want to you can take two years off and stay amatuer.
Craig

THE_D.O.C.

run white plates, and get faster as the result. nuff said. ;)

sdiver68

IMHO,

If you only want to race F40, then go Expert.  Otherwise, stay amateur.  With all due respect to what Brad is saying, you will not get faster by running with the experts in the other classes, and in fact will only frustrate yourself, the other experts, and the fast Amateurs in combined grids.

BTW, I got your Wood, but the guy you told me to give it to had already left.  So, i'm going to hang it on my wall ;)  LOL, We'll figure something out, or I can just mail it to you.

MCRA Race School Instructor

FullMoonRacing

Go Expert!!

signed,
Amateur Slow Old Fart
 ;D

dave333

Please, go expert.  Quit beating us amateur's up!!!

Speedballer347

Congrats Kevin and great seeing you again!...BUT I am gonna have protest your chamionship on the grounds of unfair advantage....cause you are riding w/ John Hopkin's old bodywork ;D

I would stay amateur for another year, the amateur 600 class is already crazy enough upfront...I can't imagine how insane it would be in expert 600.
I agree 100% w/ everything my nemesis Sdiver68 says.

I am gonna stay am next year, cause I have only been to 1 racetrack, got no track time this year due to bike probs, and know I would be an eratic hazard to the experts if I was gridded w/ them.

Good luck, and look forward to seeing you next year.
#347 (Frankenstien's monster ;D )
CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

THE_D.O.C.

QuoteCongrats Kevin and great seeing you again!...BUT I am gonna have protest your chamionship on the grounds of unfair advantage....cause you are riding w/ John Hopkin's old bodywork ;D

I would stay amateur for another year, the amateur 600 class is already crazy enough upfront...I can't imagine how insane it would be in expert 600.
I agree 100% w/ everything my nemesis Sdiver68 says.

I am gonna stay am next year, cause I have only been to 1 racetrack, got no track time this year due to bike probs, and know I would be an eratic hazard to the experts if I was gridded w/ them.

Good luck, and look forward to seeing you next year.
#347 (Frankenstien's monster ;D )

haven't you won races this year?

Speedballer347

Quotehaven't you won races this year?
I won a few races in March but my steering head broke apart AND engine blew half way through the 1st weekend.  After that I was out there only 2 and 1/2 more times w/ a steering head that was literally welded back on (and would start recracking apart before any of the weekends were over) and wobbbbbbbling/goin slow.
After every race I had to check my frame to see if it was coming apart yet.  Had to reweld it before every local race weekend I attended.

I got dramatically slower, lost all my confidence & concentration, and wasn't able to learn a thing.
I just putted around out there enjoying being on the track....I was riding, NOT racing.  
Whole year was a waste :(
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

THE_D.O.C.

so sad. i guess next year will be better when you are ahead of everyone else's perfromance curve. that damn steering head will drag you kicking and screaming to the podium next year.  ::)

Speedballer347

Quoteso sad. i guess next year will be better when you are ahead of everyone else's perfromance curve. that damn steering head will drag you kicking and screaming to the podium next year.  ::)
Nope..that d*** steering head(and the rest oif the frame) is headed for the dumpster ;D  
Don't forget to send me directions to your place so I can bring the hacksaw and welder....should shave a couple seconds off your times next season.  Great confidence builder too ;D

Speedballer347

QuoteBTW, I got your Wood, but the guy you told me to give it to had already left
let's keep this clean fellas ;D   ;)
Hey Sdiver, give me a call today on my cell....