What a WHINER!

Started by OmniGLH, September 16, 2002, 10:06:40 PM

Marco Melandri

QuoteValentino,
you have disgraced yourself and your famiry!
Sayonara
Daijiro

Daijiro san..

It is not possible believing that you should race 250cc championship last year. You should have moved up to 500class because you are much faster than the rest of the 250cc class instead you win 11 races to win 250cc world championship. So like American says you are olive picker!

Ciao
Marco Melandri

OmniGLH

Dude you guys... seriously... I'm gonna piss my pants... LOL!!!

"Olive Picker"

LMAO!!!!!!!

I hope you don't mind, I'm gonna use that one...
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

Super Dave

QuoteI have mixed feelings about this. There's a lot of guys that have been in this situation, and they sometimes get bumped, sometimes not.

On the flip side, an amateur championship is something that you should get only one shot at, and it's a shame if it's taken away due to good performance. Some guys are in this just for the fun - and an amateur championship means a lot to them. Other guys are using it as a stepping stone to (hopefully) something bigger.

I agree.  You should be allowed to have the opportunity to get an amateur championship.  Even a Daytona ROC win.

Our here in the Midwest, I've seen four to seven year amateurs race and start really winning.  Obviously, these guys are expeienced enough that they are experts.  

Then I've seen older riders (one who's son also races) get bumped to expert.  He was a first year amateur, raced a good number of races during last season, and finished mid pack.  Made him go expert even when he asked to remain an amateur, etc.  

Don't understand why there is a standard for some and none for others.
Super Dave

OmniGLH

QuoteOur here in the Midwest, I've seen four to seven year amateurs race and start really winning.  Obviously, these guys are expeienced enough that they are experts.  

Then I've seen older riders (one who's son also races) get bumped to expert.  He was a first year amateur, raced a good number of races during last season, and finished mid pack.  Made him go expert even when he asked to remain an amateur, etc.  

Now this, I agree (or disagree with CCS) with.  If there are guys that have been running Am for 5-7 years, and do reasonably well each year... YES, go to Expert.  
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

am125ike

ok, serious,  lets use me......

i took class week one, (saturday gateway 3/23) didnt have backing to race on sunday (money), dbl points missed (even saturday), ....i race 2 races a weekend for the next two race weekends, then a few weekends  with mechanical downs mixed in with a couple of falls (no major, just missed races)
  so, i finish 14th overall, and the top 3 guys were/are just not catchable because basicly they raced 4 to 8 dbl points races in week one, plus they knew everything they needed to know to have a good year,  i started out wanting to experience road racing, had no clue if i'd be competitive, ask
mike c.227/midwest/gp/gl points leader, i didnt know how to change a tire.
  but i end up winning a race, got 3, 4ths and 3, 5ths ... not enough to brag on, but i feel comfy saying that im a top 5 racer, definately top ten,....
point is, im not intimidated to go expert, at all,  so finishing just outside the top ten (of 300) maybe i should make room for new amatuers, but what are you guy's and girls' opinion on it ,that i dont think i had a real chance at a championship, note, i want to race at least 3/4 dbl points races to open the season, and with that i wont be comfortable staying amatuer, but i dont think i had a shot this year, mike, andy and dave were gone---> b4 i knew points were being tallied (joking)