News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What a WHINER!

Started by OmniGLH, September 16, 2002, 10:06:40 PM

OmniGLH

Quotewill his resume say "rode with a bunch of pre-schoolers and beat them all" or should it say "consistantly ran at the front of the expert/pro rider field" .

No, his resume is going to read:

2002 Southwest Regional Amateur MW SS Champion
2002 Southwest Regional Amateur MW SB Champion
2002 Southwest Regional Amateur HW SS Champion
2002 Southwest Regional Amateur HW SB Champion

2002 NATIONAL Amateur MW SS Champion
2002 NATIONAL Amateur MW SB Champion
2002 NATIONAL Amateur HW SS Champion
2002 NATIONAL Amateur HW SB Champion
2002 NRRS Amateur Champion

And he'll have a stats section that looks something like (I don't know what his actual stats are, this is just an example...)
Never finished outside top 3.  Won 190/200 races entered in first season.  Etc....

Nowhere do I see it saying preschoolers anywhere.  The average Joe who picks up his resume is gonna look at that and say "WOW... this guy f'ing mops up!  He must be really good!" They're not gonna stand there, saying "Huh, if he wins all the time, I don't know why he doesn't go up a class.."
Jim "Porcelain" Ptak

THE_D.O.C.

QuoteNo, his resume is going to read:

2002 Southwest Regional Amateur MW SS Champion
2002 Southwest Regional Amateur MW SB Champion
2002 Southwest Regional Amateur HW SS Champion
2002 Southwest Regional Amateur HW SB Champion

2002 NATIONAL Amateur MW SS Champion
2002 NATIONAL Amateur MW SB Champion
2002 NATIONAL Amateur HW SS Champion
2002 NATIONAL Amateur HW SB Champion
2002 NRRS Amateur Champion

And he'll have a stats section that looks something like (I don't know what his actual stats are, this is just an example...)
Never finished outside top 3.  Won 190/200 races entered in first season.  Etc....

Nowhere do I see it saying preschoolers anywhere.  The average Joe who picks up his resume is gonna look at that and say "WOW... this guy f'ing mops up!  He must be really good!" They're not gonna stand there, saying "Huh, if he wins all the time, I don't know why he doesn't go up a class.."

and that's why i shall not argue with you anymore. "don't argue with morons, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!"  ;)

Dawn

The D_O_C:

I think you are just trying to stir up trouble again....   :o

Nice quote - I noticed one of the poster's on the WERA board uses a verson of that quote as their signature line.  I have passed it on myself.

Dawn   :)

TZDeSioux

I just got a call from Max Biaggi. He said Kane Lasky is slow.

Dawn

LOL   ;D   LOL    ;D

That made my day!  

Dawn   ;)

Litespeed

Shoudln't you actually race against a person before you start whining about what classes they should race in?  I have personally been on the track with Kane several times (admitedly I have only seen him after the first couple of laps on very few occasions) and I have no problem with him being an amateur.  The person that originally wrote the letter has reason to gripe because HE actually races against (for lack of a better word) Kane.

THE_D.O.C.

QuoteShoudln't you actually race against a person before you start whining about what classes they should race in?  I have personally been on the track with Kane several times (admitedly I have only seen him after the first couple of laps on very few occasions) and I have no problem with him being an amateur.  The person that originally wrote the letter has reason to gripe because HE actually races against (for lack of a better word) Kane.

no clown, i shouldn't. it's a public forum and public opinion is solicited. i say this kane fella is out of place, you say he isn't. there you go.  :-*

am125ike

QuoteI just got a call from Max Biaggi. He said Kane Lasky is slow.

senor DeSioux, (again) not to be out-done by you  (tho my phone didnt ring)
 i calls my buddy ( http://images.motograndprix.com/multimedia/85/85374.jpg )
valentino (fellow honda guy  8) )  
and he's all....... "kane aint all that bad, but max aught not comment, he's the slow one ! "

just relay'n a message...............

i found a couple of pics from Road-A 8/1&2
http://www.formulausapics.com/2002WI/NRRS/ALL/pages/RA0802PM_153.htm

http://www.formulausapics.com/2002WI/NRRS/ALL/pages/RA0802PM_154.htm

copy and paste, if you hv 2

am125ike

that is turn1 at the start of a race that i participated in,
uuuuuhhhh...... kane was ...uhhh railin ??
yeah, it took a while for us to get to turn one behind him.......
he was finishin like 14 seconds b4 2nd place
  >:(  

Super Dave

Only if he is racing against himself, does staying an amateur have any value to him.  Otherwise, he should bump up.  I agree.  

Championships?  They are nice on a piece of paper, but to the real world that has to wheel and deal sponsorships, it's not really much more than a piece of paper.  

It does show commitment and some financial fortitude.  Expert championships are nice too, but still not necessarily all they are cracked up to be.  Following a major series with a regular group of players will really show who can do it.
Super Dave

TZDeSioux

Quotesenor DeSioux, (again) not to be out-done by you  (tho my phone didnt ring)
 i calls my buddy ( http://images.motograndprix.com/multimedia/85/85374.jpg )
valentino (fellow honda guy  8) )  
and he's all....... "kane aint all that bad, but max aught not comment, he's the slow one ! "

just relay'n a message...............

Ike,
Giacomo Agostini just read your post and called me and told me to tell you to tell Rossi that he shouldn't talk about anyone being slow until he wins 15 World Championships.  ;D

Valentino

QuoteIke,
Giacomo Agostini just read your post and called me and told me to tell you to tell Rossi that he shouldn't talk about anyone being slow until he wins 15 World Championships.  ;D

yes, Mr. DeSioux,
this board is an international one, and is viewable by us all.
first off, those words that Ike wrote about talking to me is untrue.
Max and i are not the best of friends, he's ok, but none the less slow   ;)
  you guys are making funny jokes here, but the real truth is that Giacomo
knows that I'm enroute to my personal goal of 25 World Championships,
and am in a comfortable place in my own mind, as I have a decent start at it.
  and let that also serve as words of wisdom to you and all "you need a good start!"

pay attention to your 'contact patch'
   8)