News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What a WHINER!

Started by OmniGLH, September 16, 2002, 10:06:40 PM

Dawn

Brian -

Instead of complaining about the 600's, why don't you join the fun?

Dawn  ;)

Jeff

What's next, DiSalvo shouldn't be allowed to run in CCS races to bag contingency bucks???  Make Kevin Gordon, Tez & Purk run AMA???

I've worked pretty hard to be in the top of the amateur field, and have been pretty successful in such.  That said, I don't resent it when Dan-O comes out and hands me my @ss on a platter!

Sure, I could sulk and say that it's just not fair that he should beat me because I've put on nearly 4000 miles alone at BHF this year and he can come out and BEAT me (after putting on what, like 5 laps?), but instead I congratulate him on a hell of a ride.  Then I look at myself to see how I can improve and push myself further.

It's about improvement, and somebody always has to win...  

Take a look at the top CCS MW amateurs.  They're all running 1:16-1:17's at BHF.  That's 1-2 seconds off of the TOP experts race pace...

Do I have a point?  Sure... Don't kick a guy just because he's faster than you.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

DanO966

QuoteI wish i was that fast and you could complain about me...i would print it all out and put it on my wall  ;D
haha

LMAO

That's what I'm talking about!!!!
DanO CCS/WERA/AMA/ASRA #966
Convergence Technologies/MD Racing
'12 Yamaha R6
'11 Yamaha R6

TZDeSioux

QuoteBrian -

Instead of complaining about the 600's, why don't you join the fun?

Dawn  ;)

no way jose... those bikes are dangerous! I like my itty bitty bike. Makes me feel like a man.  :)

Dawn

QuoteI like my itty bitty bike. Makes me feel like a man.  :)

I absolutely have no come back for that one   ???

Dawn  :)

GAMEDIC

;D is only fun and games.....till someone gets an eye poked out......my avtar is not working...hmmmm

Super Dave

There are always riders out there that a physically gifted because of eyesight, reaction time, etc.  Back in my day it was Ray Yoder; he was beating up on experts on FZR1000's in the Formula One class.  Later it was Tom Wilson.  Colin Edwards, Todd Harrington, etc.

Should they be bumped?  It's a hard issue.  Are they unsafe?  No.  Do they have the right to race for a championship it their first complete year of racing?  I think so.  Learning is learning, some just have an advantage over some of us mortals.

How fast should a fast amateur be allowed to go?  A fast amateur should go about as fast as a decent expert.  

When I started racing, we didn't want to be novices.  We all wanted to be experts so that we could go and race for money in bigger races.  Now, road racing at the club level has become a place where riders will sit in the amateur classes for years?  Being an amateur should be about experience, not about how fast you are.  If you're new, you're an amateur.  If you've been racing for three years, you know where registration is, you know how to start, you know the flags, get out of the amateur class and be what you are: an expert.  

Winning races?  There is no right to that or championships.  They are nice, but if you feel you can't win on a 600, get a different bike.  Try an SV, build a CBR600F2 for Heavyweight Sportsman.  

This is all about fun.  The classifications have become whinny!!
Super Dave

lightweightgp

I don't know how much race experience Kane has, but whether its a few races over a few years, or just street riding, he's still an Amateur.   He has put in a ton of effort this season.  He reaces CCS SW and Pacific, and do you know where he lives?  Boise Idaho!!!    Do you know how far Boise is from Phoenix ?  over 1000 miles!  That's dedication.

He drives a huge camper with a trailer himself, and he hasn't missed any races that I can see.  I saw him at Buttonwillow this year.  Dude was BY HIMSELF.  I helped him get his bike on and off the stand a few times when i could, but he was racing all weekend with no help.  

Yeah he's fast.  He's fast as hell.  And next year, if he even bothers with CCS, all the experts are gonna have to watch out.  Kane's not spotting you guys a head start anymore...

Go Kane!

crg
CCS SW #337 Am.

THE_D.O.C.

::) and next year he'll disappear. right into the crowd he SHOULD have been racing with. bye kane.  :-*

Eddie#200

Everyone's forgetting Chris Weeden let's make him race AMAPro too... ha,ha.

I think if you are slow and someone shows/reminds you that you are... It's just a rude awakening.  Just shows us that we can all go faster. 8)

THE_D.O.C.

unless someone's beating gobert, they can all go faster.  ::) that analogy doesn't apply here. speed is relative.

am125ike

QuoteIt's my understanding, though through 2nd hand and 3rd hand information, that KL is on an
Ex-AMA bike
 and has committed significant time and money to this season's campaign.  If so ???, good for him, he has put in more than the other AM's and its paying off.  I can't wait to see him at Daytona, if I make it that far :D  There is another CCS and CRA "super" AM being talked about on the WERA board, Steve Atlas.

are ama bikes cheating in ccs am ranks, or expert ranks ??  cuz i want one!!!
if that is the way to finish an entire straight (or two) from gxr 750's on a 6.
  i had a supersport head job done on my f4, in mid season, and it sooo felt like i was cheatin  ;D, that was a serious bump in horses, but you know, kevin gordon told me, after complimenting my improvements over the season, and i said "oh, the bike is faster"  he said, "maybe, but you've got to ride it."
  no one commented on the possibility of equiptment superiority, and or legality. i had mechanical issues at road-a (and not like you dan-0) was happy not to be in that field, the way kane creamed!!! like i said, i know a fast amatuer who was on a gxr750, but you know, when the checkered flew, there was only one bike in view ( all weekend).

dont mistake this ( dont get it twisted )   ive seen competitors in am races where it doesnt matter what bike (ama factory ride) you put them on, they wont finish in the top 10. (ive even passed experts from the second wave)
  i say "big up's" to all racers, as well as whoever rides a motorcycle. im a fan!
 everyone who cant afford a motorcycle (anyone know what thats about?) but likes em and wants to ride, YOU GO---->

i think if the fastest guy is .10 of a second faster, or 5 seconds, the next best guy, is going to be 2nd.

i dont know what im talkin about, just aint been on the board in awhile ;D
 babble with you all soon....