News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Amateur/Expert Debate Opinions Wanted

Started by MightyDuc Racing, September 25, 2003, 05:06:00 PM

MudDawg

QuoteI'm working on Sean to get my bike legal in WERA lightweight.  Right now I'd only be able to run against 1000cc 4's for the most part.  If I make it to RR, ur on for the Mexican.  I just hope you can handle being whipped by a first year expert that's also a car salesman.  By the way, I throw out the people that try to screw with me during a sale...and my managers love me for it. ;D

Hmmm....sounds like I'm gonna be eating well at Roebling.  Which race?  Remember...I'm on an SV.  I don't know what you are riding other than a ducati.  Is it Heavyweight Sportsman legal?  Or do I have to embaress you in supertwins?  Hehehe

So you are gonna bet me?  Then you are gonna bet Monkeyboy?  Daaamn.  Your food bills are gonna be higher then your tire bills.  :-)

MightyDuc Racing

I run GT Lights, LW GP, and Supertwins.  I also run GTU sometimes.  I have never been to RR, but I prolly have the hp edge, so I'm hoping that'll make us even, MudPuppy.  Embarrassed in Supertwins?  I'll believe it when I see it. ;)  The bet is between us, or do you need others to help you trash talk so you can feel cool?  Like I said...bring it, but no crying if (when) I smoke ya. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

B-MAC

I like to eat for free too ;D. Who's game????

Oh yeah, I'll make it more intersting by running a supersport bike!!!!!    That's gotta be worth free drinks too 8)

MightyDuc Racing

It's easy to talk big about tracks you've been on and raced on...bring it to Moroso and I'd bet you prolly wouldn't even keep me in sight. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

badmonkey

sure we will ,just look for the duck in the pond...... :o :o
Do you want to touch my Monkey?

MudDawg

QuoteI run GT Lights, LW GP, and Supertwins.  I also run GTU sometimes.  I have never been to RR, but I prolly have the hp edge, so I'm hoping that'll make us even, MudPuppy.  Embarrassed in Supertwins?  I'll believe it when I see it. ;)  The bet is between us, or do you need others to help you trash talk so you can feel cool?  Like I said...bring it, but no crying if (when) I smoke ya. ;D

Niiice.  Just the classes I run in.  And before ya brag...ya might want to look at the results of the guys you plan on beating.....otherwise you might just end of beating yourself.  (And that's just not right with women and children around.)

Oh yeah...you so sure you got hp on me?  I ride an sv....sure....but it ain't your gran-pappy's sv.  :-)

Just fyi....Roebling isn't really a hp track.  It's mostly open corners and all sorts of cornering speed.  It's deceptively fast and eats motorcycles.  Been there and sacrificed 4 bikes in 5 years.  DOH!

And why would we go to Moroso?  What...16 hours+ of driving...for all the races on 1 Sunday?  Ugh.  I prefer the normal CCS schedule of races both days on the weekend.  

Anyhoo...Bambi Burgers anyone?  :-)

badmonkey

Do you want to touch my Monkey?

james-redsv

Hey mightyduck, no, I should say mightykook, you have no idea how fast MudDawg is. He has even beaten Darren D. a few times this year. If you dont know Darren, he is the fastest LW racer in the SE, Midatlantic on a SS legal SV. I would have to say you are in way over your head once again as you wouldnt even be able to out run me at roebling doing 1-20s. There is also a fast kid, James Chance from Savannah, that can turn 1-18s on a SS SV. You are out of your league, just stay in Fla and save your ego for the Fla boys. BTW you just dont decide to turn expert, you have to have enough points at the end of the season, which you have, then CCS will make you expert for the next year or CCS choses to move you up during the season because you are fast enough, which they never do unless you get protested a bunch. You have been on the ground more this year than you have finished so why do you think you should turn expert early, because you managed to win a race or two when your bike didnt blow up, then came in mid pack at the rest?? :P

MudDawg

QuoteHey mightyduck, no, I should say mightykook, you have no idea how fast MudDawg is. He has even beaten Darren D. a few times this year. If you dont know Darren, he is the fastest LW racer in the SE, Midatlantic on a SS legal SV. I would have to say you are in way over your head once again as you wouldnt even be able to out run me at roebling doing 1-20s. There is also a fast kid, James Chance from Savannah, that can turn 1-18s on a SS SV. You are out of your league, just stay in Fla and save your ego for the Fla boys. BTW you just dont decide to turn expert, you have to have enough points at the end of the season, which you have, then CCS will make you expert for the next year or CCS choses to move you up during the season because you are fast enough, which they never do unless you get protested a bunch. You have been on the ground more this year than you have finished so why do you think you should turn expert early, because you managed to win a race or two when your bike didnt blow up, then came in mid pack at the rest?? :P

I've only raced a few times this year.  :-)  Next year though....The wife knows I need my racing fix badly!!!

Anybody know how Darren is doing?  I know he got hurt at Roebling not too long ago.  I like racing Darren...he's good, a clean rider, and makes ya work to beat him.  

As for Roebling...the last time I was there I was doing 1:18's pretty easily.  I'm faster now than I was then....seemingly about 2 seconds a lap faster at the tracks I did visit this year.   Who knows...maybe 1:17's?  But that's certainly hauling around RRR.  Anything below 1:19 is not slow in my book....no matter what bike.

As for Bambi......he's learning the fine art of Trash Talking.  Next is the even more important art of Eating Crow.  (Otherwise known as paying up when you lose the bet!!!)  Heheheh

Hey Monkey-Boy....how's the wrist now?

B-MAC

Damn!!!!  I think the moral of the story is "shut your mouth when grown folks are talkin'" lol :o

Dawg, Darrin is doing much better but he made comments about only doing FUSA thunderbike next year so I am not sure if we will see him.
You hit the nail on the head in his description, I was right on him the whole weekend @ VIR but he takes the exact same line as me around the whole damn track, making a pass pretty hard.

But seriously Mr Duck., the expert feild is not a laughing matter. I learned big time when I went expert not that long ago. Keep in mind, I was a fast amateur but found myself mid-pack at best my first year expert. Top five LW experts, like Muddawg, Badmonkey, myself and others will probably be 2 to 3 seconds faster on any track regardless of HP.
Find out what you are running (lap time's). Then find out what the top five expert's are running in your area. If you are within 2 seconds of them, you will make that up by being out there with them. If you are not, I would reccommend you stay amateur and gain some more experience.

BTW - I have been meaning to ask but how is a 944 Ducati legal for LW racing?? I thought the limit was 805 or something. I may be wrong but just thought I would ask.

MudDawg

QuoteDamn!!!!  I think the moral of the story is "shut your mouth when grown folks are talkin'" lol :o

Dawg, Darrin is doing much better but he made comments about only doing FUSA thunderbike next year so I am not sure if we will see him.
You hit the nail on the head in his description, I was right on him the whole weekend @ VIR but he takes the exact same line as me around the whole damn track, making a pass pretty hard.

But seriously Mr Duck., the expert feild is not a laughing matter. I learned big time when I went expert not that long ago. Keep in mind, I was a fast amateur but found myself mid-pack at best my first year expert. Top five LW experts, like Muddawg, Badmonkey, myself and others will probably be 2 to 3 seconds faster on any track regardless of HP.
Find out what you are running (lap time's). Then find out what the top five expert's are running in your area. If you are within 2 seconds of them, you will make that up by being out there with them. If you are not, I would reccommend you stay amateur and gain some more experience.

BTW - I have been meaning to ask but how is a 944 Ducati legal for LW racing?? I thought the limit was 805 or something. I may be wrong but just thought I would ask.

We all say the same thing as Darrin after a nasty wreck. (Er....well...maybe.  I was on the track the next day with a drain shunt in my abdomen. DOH!)

Fast amateurs are usually midpack or a bit better in the experts.  Some are near the front of the pack.  Darrin was very lucky this year.  He's damn fast...but also the normal top 5 were mostly missing from last year's races.  (Me, Donnie Unger - broken back, Sebastian DePinto - Jail for molesting a sheep, Romeo Carelli - taking time off, Bill Dietz, Brian Kcraget, etc)  That would have put Darrin as probably a top 5 contender.  

I do have to say he's definately a good guy.  He had pulled a perfect weekend of all wins at Summit.  We went to VIR and he had won everything until LTSB (I think that was it.)  I clawed my way through the pack (doing 36's lap after lap on the sv) and basic pulled a stalker move on him on the last lap.  Despite foiling a perfect weekend he was a perfect sportsman and congratulated me later.  We ain't winning millions here...just friends.  :)

ScubaSteve

I just got done racing with james chance at Jennings i ended up beating him 3 times and me and him had a reall good race in GP i ended up a lil short at the line, Only bringin this up cause im a FL rider and cant wait to see other regions riders at DAytona. James is great rider and hopefully will go far in this sport
Steve

CCS FL