News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Amateur/Expert Debate Opinions Wanted

Started by MightyDuc Racing, September 25, 2003, 05:06:00 PM

1fastmofo

Stay amateur this year, and again next year. Make sure you run into someone and then complain about lappers.  ;D

Sorry I just couldn't resist!  :P

MightyDuc Racing

I want to be whatever James is so I can smoke him from the back row when I go up there next year...lol. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

PJ

QuoteWhile I think you certainly ride at the Expert level, getting those certificate's as an Amateur would have a positive effect on your long term goals.

My long term goal is to learn to go faster.

Do certificates make you faster?

What's your long term goal?

Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

Mark Bernard

QuoteWhat's your long term goal?

To survive!!! ;D Sorry Paul... I couldn't resist that one! lol
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

GSXR RACER MIKE

I was just looking at the schedule for the event in question and I see that you already run in the same race with the experts. I would assume that if your as fast as you say you are that you already race with the experts during these races anyways, so what's the difference in doing it with a yellow plate or a white one? At least doing it with the yellow plate will be rewarding on top of it. The way I'm thinking is that those certificates of accomplishment show your achievement of an entire seasons efforts, not just 1 event. It sounds like you earned those rewards, why toss them at the last event?
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

MightyDuc Racing

I actually have to start from like 10 seconds + back in the second wave, so I don't get to run with the top guys.  Decisions, decisions.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

PJ

QuoteTo survive!!!

That's a lofty and admirable goal, Mark...

Way to set the bar high!  ;D
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

MudDawg

QuoteI want to be whatever James is so I can smoke him from the back row when I go up there next year...lol. ;D

Figures....the year I can't make it to ROC....we have Mr. Ego going.  Damn damn damn!!!  

Wait until next year.  Cause at the end of the year every expert will be running fast.  And while you might be fast in your region....are you fast compared to all of them?  

Either way....springtime nickname for you....  Meat.  :-)

MightyDuc Racing

Notice the "...lol. ;D" at the end of my statement?  Mine and James' badgering goes WAY back to early in the season.  I am not a cocky rider.  However, if that's the way you feel...bring it. ;)  By the way...my region has the top TWO finishing lightweight riders from last year's ROC, John Linder and Alex Ferreira, and yes I am only a second or so off of their pace at the most. :P
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MightyDuc Racing

By the way...why don't you meet me in person and have a conversation with me before you pass judgement?  Did you ever think that maybe I am just an enthusiastic new racer that is happy to be doing better than I expected and "heaven forbid" gained some confidence in my riding abilities? ::)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

MudDawg

QuoteBy the way...why don't you meet me in person and have a conversation with me before you pass judgement?  Did you ever think that maybe I am just an enthusiastic new racer that is happy to be doing better than I expected and "heaven forbid" gained some confidence in my riding abilities? ::)

1.  Please note the smiley face at the end of my post.

2.  Trash talking - a time honored ritual.

3.  Every fast amateur expects to wax the "Fast Guys" when they go expert.  Again...time honored tradition.

4.  Stay amateur...take a shot at a national trophy as an amateur.  There is no shame in it....a national win is a national win...no matter what class.  You generally only get one shot at it without being called a sandbagger....you should take it.

5.  And yeah...you are enthusiastic.  But to quote Run DMC..."You Talk Too Much".  :-)  (Note again...smiley face.)

6.  Feel free to give me shit at Daytona in the spring.  Please...use a large two handled shovel.  You'll fit right in with my friends.  

Keener

MightyDuc Racing

I'll look forward to it. ;D  I will be turning expert AFTER the ROC this year.  I don't expect to whip the experts by any means, but I do expect to be able to run with them and have a crap load of fun.  There should be anywhere between 5 and 7 of us battling at the front of all of the lightweight races down here next year.  Can't wait!  See ya in March! ;)
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors: