News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Amateur/Expert Debate Opinions Wanted

Started by MightyDuc Racing, September 25, 2003, 05:06:00 PM

MightyDuc Racing

I am considering turning Expert at the final round at Homestead after the ROC in December so I can see what I've got for the top riders and also for a shot at some cash in GT Lights.  However, I have the opportunity to finish in the top five in points (which earns a certificate at the banquet) in three separate classes if I race as an Amateur there.  I am locked for the top five in Lightweight GP, but would probably get passed by several riders in Supertwins and GT Lights if I turn Expert early since it is a double points race.  What do you think I should do...turn Expert or stay Amateur one more round?
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

PJ

What's a certificate worth?

What's it worth to race with faster riders and learn something for next season?

I say go for the white plates.
Paul James
AMA Pro XR1200 #70
www.facebook.com/jamesgangracing
www.twitter.com/jamesgangracing

GSXR RACER MIKE

Waiting until next season will have its' advantages. Not only will you possibly get some more trophies for the collection this season, but you will also be on a much more level playing field waiting till next season. What I mean by this is that at the end of the season everybody is up to speed, at the start of the season speeds are lower and competition isn't quite as fierce. This gives you a little bit of time to blend into the expert competition before the racing gets too crazy.

Cherish the temporary amateur status while you have it, you'll be expert soon enough (next season isn't that far off!). You'll probably find the switch will be more intimidating than anything at first. If your speed had been an issue as an amateur you possibly would have been moved up mid-season anyways, so since that wasn't the case just finish it out and enjoy it! :)
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

EX#996

I agree with Mike.  Finish out the season as an amature and add your good finishes to your resume.

Plus, could you, or would you please change your avatar?  Those bananas....  are annoying.

Thanks!

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Mark Bernard

Paul, Mike, and Dawn have valid points. But in my opinion, I would have to agree more with Mike and Dawn... wait till next season to turn expert. Get all the glory you can as an amateur... Get your certificates and add them to your resume and portfolio for next year. Enjoy the rest of this season and go expert next year.
Mark (Bernie) Bernard
Race Control CCS/ASRA - Mid-West Region

251am

I'm a little confused here. Doesn't CCS determine when you move up/down? ???

EX#996

QuoteI'm a little confused here. Doesn't CCS determine when you move up/down? ???

The first year you race you are an amateur.  There have been a few times that amateurs have been bumped upto experts status mid year.  This is due to a decision from the Race director/referee in that region (no need to go into the reason why now).  A person can also request to be moved to Expert.

At the end of the year, if you earn 500 points in certain classes, you will automatically be bumped up unless you request CCS keep you an amateur, but you better have a valid reason.

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

MightyDuc Racing

The thing is...I am already on pace with the top experts, and the two main competitors of mine will probably be making the jump early as well.  I don't want to ride around Homestead bored, even if it's way out in front.  I think I'll wait and see how it goes at the ROC before I decide.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

tug296

One of the reasons I'd say go Expert is that  I too run Super Twins Am. I get to see you on the grid, then run off with the leaders, {at least stay close}  Of coarse my old Super Hawk don't keep up and my poor Collar Bone still has my shoulder weak, {my excuses} But I've been to most events and also in the points, so my opinion is biased toward saying go Expert where I could move up, or stay where I am in the points!  {kind of a joke}

While I think you certainly ride at the Expert level, getting those certificate's as an Amateur would have a positive effect on your long term goals.
Nice speaking with you at Moroso.

Keep it simple, flip a coin after after Daytona.

Henry Madsen  #296 Am. Fl.        Proud Angry American  {still angry about 9-11}

Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

james-redsv

This guy is a legend in his own mind, turn expet as soon as possible, no need to. He already thinks he can run with the pros in AMA. I say take your red tires to team Suzuki and see if they will give you a ride next to Yates and Matt for the 04 season. He really doesnt need to run expert in ccs Fla, he can go straight to the AMA, hes fast enough, really. :P

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Super_KC124

Stay amateur this year and appeal to stay down next year. That's what I'm going to do. ;)