Ike Anderson's wild Barber crash.

Started by K3 Chris Onwiler, August 18, 2003, 10:12:37 AM

r6_philly

well if I had gone, I think you would have another big crash to spectate to  ;D but I really had no bike, and didn't see the point to go that far...

Congrat on the finishes, especially I know how much you hate the rain.

See ya at summit, my bike should be back together then. btw Greg(70) from VIR is going to be at summit. My arm is feeling much better now, I hope I can get a holeshot again and stay out front this time  8) I guess you gonna be on pole and I am second again.

TrophyGal

Glad to hear you're gonna be okay, Ike.  Was with Stu (666) holding umbrella while they worked on him and he seemed like he'd be okay.  Ya'll quit crashing!!!  We'd rather see close racing :D

TrophyGal (Jeanne) & TrophyGuy (Alan)

TBMain

Glad to see that you're okay, Ike!  Hope you have a quick recovery!  See you at BHF ??

Just Tim checking in! (Honda CBR954RR) #92.

To:  Mr. John Deere - Hope Ireland was fun!  Happy "honeymooning!"

See you all at BHF! ;D

sdiver68

no, i did crash, fractured my right elbow into 8 pieces and broke my neck (c6 vertabrae, non-displaced).  Thanks to some overzealous amateur crashing out the guy just in front of me during practice.  I hope he won that practice session  >:(
MCRA Race School Instructor

EX#996

Quoteno, i did crash, fractured my right elbow into 8 pieces and broke my neck (c6 vertabrae, non-displaced).  Thanks to some overzealous amateur crashing out the guy just in front of me during practice.  I hope he won that practice session  >:(

Oh my!   :o   :-[ :'(

I am so sorry to hear that Steve.  Are you in a neck brace or halo?  Do you need surgery on your elbow.

Dawn   :(
Paul and Dawn Buxton

KBOlsen

:-[ :'(  >:( :(

That's what I thought.  Dang it!!!!  I hope you heal quickly and completely...
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Super Dave

Quoteno, i did crash, fractured my right elbow into 8 pieces and broke my neck (c6 vertabrae, non-displaced).  Thanks to some overzealous amateur crashing out the guy just in front of me during practice.  I hope he won that practice session  >:(

Good Lord, there have been a lot of broken bones this year.

Ok, here I go again...

For broken bones, buy this stuff from this site.  You can't find it in stores, it isn't very expensive, but it WILL make your bones knit and heal quicker, period.  

http://www.seacoastvitamins.com/EthicalNutrients/bonebuilder5.html

Glad to hear you're at least kickin'....

And I thought one of the reasons to be an expert was to keep away from the overzealous amateurs.
Super Dave

sdiver68

Yeah, here I am waiting patiently for the next braking zone to overtake the slower guy when this other dude ramrods his way through....4th practice...new track, I was just working on a few things not even turning fast laps yet.  

The elbow required emergency surgery and yes it is back togethe now thanks to the miracles of modern medicine and metallurgy.  It was a bad compound shatter job pieces sticking out of my skin...if all goes well i may recover 90% movement and normal strength.

The neck I am thankful for thr swimming I added to my workout program that really strengthened my neck muscles.  It is rare to crack the c6 but non-displaced.  Anyway, all the literature suggests my ridin career is over with this injury...it cannot withstand another hit....

I will look into that bone stimulus, thanks SD, and may try to corner work or help in some ways at the last 2 Gateways.

Thanks of course to the corner crew, ambulance crew, my teammates all year Todd Bohnsack, Mike Pruitt, Steve Nemish...Shalcross and Ortega and Ptak and Lacavich and everyone else who stopped by and helped and offered best wishes...I wasn't there but my teammates said lots stopped by.

One hand typins is slowww!!!!!!!  :(
MCRA Race School Instructor

StumpysWife

I'm very sorry to hear about your accident, sdiver.  Take care...

lil_thorny

Steve,
you said "in practice" just curious,
what were you guys doing with the AM's anyway.
combined practice sessions? either way, it pretty
much sucks dude. get well and take your vitamins.
hurry-up and heal your neck will be fine i'm sure,
but don't over-do anything!!!!
Benj. (part-time orthopaedic clinician) ;)

tigerblade

Steve,

That really sucks!  Heal up man!   :-/

-Kris
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

jp233

Ike - get well I heard that was a horrific crash albeit I didn't see it.

Steve - holy shit! that was you?? man I hope you heal up soon I heard your arm was pretty bad. broken neck????? sheeeeeit.... in practice too....... Lord I hope your racing career isn't over. That would fugging SUCK

~Pat
Tactical Racing #233