Ike Anderson's wild Barber crash.

Started by K3 Chris Onwiler, August 18, 2003, 10:12:37 AM

K3 Chris Onwiler

A quick overview of Barber.  Great track.  Beautiful beyond belief.  Millions in landscaping and sculpture.  Blind twisty rollercoaster.  Hot, humid, tropical.  Daily afternoon thunder showers.
On a more serious note:
Ike had the most horrific crash I've ever seen.  On the front straight, the bike in front of him blew up and turned sideways.  Ike T-boned the bike as it went down and was launched 20 feet in the air as his bike went end-over-end beneath him.  I never saw a rider so high in the air, and this was at 120mph.  Ike must have been airbourne for a block.  I got the ambulance crew to let me talk to him before the transport by telling them that I was his brother...  Ike called from the hospital a few hours later telling me to get his Thunderbike ready, but the doctors wouldn't let him leave.  (My guess is that he had about 6000cc's of morphine in him at the time he called me.)  Apparently, Ike didn't break a bone.  He will need skin grafts on the back of one hand and also on a knee, but that's not bad for someone who's survived parachute failure...
Thunderbike Steve from MAM helped Dwight and I load Ike's trailer while Lonnette and Ella sat in Emergency with Ike.  The F4 is nothing but a motor and a shock at best.
When I blew my motor Saturday, I was feeling pretty low.  Ike was joking me, saying, "There's no crying in roadracing."  That went through my head a lot during the few minutes that I thought he was dead.  (Thanks for the hug Megan.  It was right on time.)

Every so often this sport reminds us that it has teeth.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Dawn

Thanks for the update Chris...

Dawn  :)

tigerblade

Wow.  Glad you're still with us after that Ike.  Scary stuff.   :(
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

StumpysWife

Oh my goodness, I'm so happy it didn't turn out worse. What a description, K3.  You had *me* all teared up.  

Take care, Ike.  We're thinking of you...:'(

Heather

KBOlsen

CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Chewy

Good to hear you are doing okay.  Let's get him suited and back on the track ASAP:)

spyderchick

Ike, crashing sux...so don't do it! :o :'(

K3, you gotta get those motors together. Either that, or get a Honda! ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

pitbtch#1

Ike good to hear that your doing ok.  So are u going to be at bhf to watch the races or not.  Hope to see u back on the track asap.  Hopefully a speedy recovery Ike.  

Heath

EM JAY

Nothing worse than hearing about a buddy crashing than actually seeing how bad it was/could have been.  Hope all is well.
Michael Jordan
           CCS EX #??   ASRA #??
   01 SV Midwest
  Thanks to Expert Racing Ltd. in Chicago and Madness Custom Choppers of Fox Lake

motomadness

Ike, get well soon.  Hey, did you at least get a chance to enjoy the track?

Chef

;D
K3,  
Thanks!  (but the IV only had salt Water in it, They never medicated me, except for localy to clean my hand (muscles), what a trip, it looks like science or somthn :))   ...... anyway, I  AM  OK...... hope Stu heals Qwikly, I'd HATE to try to balance on crutches with a broken colar bone!!! :o....
I saw that there was NO way out, and went to jump...

uhm, thats all i remember  :-/.........

Sean, Not only did i Thoroughly ENJOY that track, i noticed that EVERY (every) one of those tires on those tire walls were BRAND new!, never mounted, big truck, tires :o.....
and THAT kinda sums it up,..... even i couldnt liter my cig butts, i put em out and tossed em in the can,...me???.........TOO SCHWEET!!!!!  i cant wait to go back, I remembered how much FUN racing is!!!
wasnt caught up in points or much of any business,  ...... just let me back out there!!! sorta like i was tellin the doc to patch me up right qwik so i can get back, thats the real bummer, i missed 4 races, and planned to do well in em.....yep!
the race day started, so no refund, but the problem really IS that i missed AAAALLLLLLLLLLLL those laps!
if you havent been there (whoever)...GO!!!

BUT REALLY GUYS,.......
      THANK'S  !!! (i really appreciate you all)

IKE
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Photo_Chick