ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT @ NJMP TBOLT

Started by GODZiLLA, May 01, 2010, 06:20:00 PM

GODZiLLA

Race #7 Middleweight GP AM @ NJMP Thunderbolt May 1, 2010

According to the starter, race officials and race director, the entire front row of the first wave jumped the start, and those 4 riders were penalized a lap each. Only having 6 laps, you can imagine what they placed with 30+ riders grid'd at the start.

We contested the call, and even went as far as getting VERY CLEAR video from a rider grid'd one row behind them, that NO ONE in the front row jumped the start, not even close. Actually they all had shitty starts ..

On top of that bad call, there were 2 checkered flags thrown, on lap 6 and 7. Which the race director admitted to, costing a few racers to pull in a lap early. Through all this everyone we've dealt with has been very dismissive, but said they'd see what they could do.

All that aside, when we showed the video and explained the video to the head honcho, and were told, and I quote "What's done is done, suck it up" And something along the lines of we don't watch video to review calls. We asked if it was in the rule book, he couldn't come up with a solid answer, because its not.

Now, this is just club level racing, there's no big money on the line, and everyone knows that people make mistakes. But just the fact that, NO ONE can apoligize, or even say anything is wrong with this situation, is BULLSHIT. This would of been completely understandable if all we were told was "Sorry guys, there's nothing we can do about it, the results have to stick." Done deal ..better then, sorry guys we messed up but can't man up for it, so just deal with it since you guys can't do shit about it.

Sorry for the long ass post, but I think people need to hear about this, because it really is an outrage.

HD Video, in slow motion, all that will be posted when we get back from jersey, stay up guys.
CCS AM #111

skiandclimb

Dude, that sucks!  Ask Jim (Farmboy) about getting pinched for a "false start" at Road America last year.  I was on the row behind, and got good video of it.  We brought it to the director, but it was after the 30 minutes had expired....so it went nowhere.  At a bare minimum- they at least seemed like they would have reviewed the footage if we could have got it in on time.

I'd personally ask CCS to review the incident. At least for future video review calls and whatnot. Just sayin'......
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

SVbadguy

WERA racers here running with CCS for the first time certainly are not getting a good impression.  Those I know, I've told that this isn't the way things usually operate.  The Mid-Atlantic crew runs a great operation, there are only a few from the Mid-Atlantic crew here.  We'd really be screwed if half the cornerworkers weren't MARRC regulars.
Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

tstruyk

Quote from: skiandclimb on May 01, 2010, 06:43:08 PM
but it was after the 30 minutes had expired....

that would be my question... was it officially "protested" within 30 mins of the posted results?
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Carnag3

We went straight to where the results were posted RIGHT after we pit in, initially because of the double checkered flag issue. We waiting until the results arrived only to find out about the false start issues, so saying it wasn't contested within 30 minutes of the race is ruled out.

Video to come.
Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

DougG60

sucks, my friend started on like row 75. heard there were some major screw ups in that race. heard another one the didnt get a white flag, just checker. with 17 races on the schedule for sunday i hope it runs a bit better
EX101 Ducati 848

benprobst

Quote from: DougG60 on May 01, 2010, 09:59:42 PM
sucks, my friend started on like row 75. heard there were some major screw ups in that race. heard another one the didnt get a white flag, just checker. with 17 races on the schedule for sunday i hope it runs a bit better

White flags are courtesy flags, they dont have to give them.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Carnag3

I was one of the guys that supposedly got penalized, it was Nick #47, another guy, Drew #717, and myself #901, all gridded front row.  We went out ran our laps and as I'm getting ready to pass the start/finish I see a checkered flag gets thrown out, so I'm doing my cool down lap then all of a sudden 15 other guys roll by me, as I'm pitting in since I thought it was the checkered flag, I see another checkered flag get thrown out.

Let's see:
I'm running for points, gridded front row........end of race.. 2 checkered flags get thrown at me and a few other riders who pitted in thinking it was the end of the race on top of that they say my buddies and I all jumped the start and meatball flags were thrown out for all 4 of us. 

I ended up in 30th place LOL.
Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

600killer

I do have to say that CCS F this one up The sad part is when you get told to (deal with it and suck it up) from one of the head CCS guys. I know this is not the AMA but we pay alot of money to go racing some people are running for points.

Super Dave

Quote from: benprobst on May 01, 2010, 10:58:34 PM
White flags are courtesy flags, they dont have to give them.
But two checkered flags?  That's dumb.
Super Dave

skiandclimb

Just watched the video.  Sorry, but you show green, and I'm going.  No jump observed, whatsoever.

I'll bet if you pried, and found out who threw the flag, you'd likely find it was someone on their first day doing it.  It almost looked as though the starter threw it up, and thought the start was when it "dropped" maybe? 

Anywho, FWIW- I didn't see a jump at all.  IMHO, all front row riders should be given their true placing points, and should be sent their wood in the mail. 

Hope it goes somewhere, bro.  Even if it just helps officials understand the majority of us ARE running cams, and in this digital age- video tells the story pretty well!
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com