News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT @ NJMP TBOLT

Started by GODZiLLA, May 01, 2010, 06:20:00 PM

Carnag3

Quote from: DougG60 on May 03, 2010, 01:23:34 PM
i was in the stands for unlimited sbk you were in and looks like they made up for the jump start call in that race. unless it was all 1 wave start and the entire field but 2 people sat there  :cheers: i was talking with your (girlfriend?) about it during the race

I didn't see a 2 wave start at all, when the flag went up I took off.  The guy in front of me didn't even move at all.  My gf said she was talking to you and everyone thought #723 Donald and I went on the wrong wave.  She also said that no one moved for a bit and the flagger kept on waving the flag for people to go.   Good times racing.
Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

DougG60

if thats the case then good for you guys. everyone but 2 of you just sat there, makes it a bit easier to win
EX101 Ducati 848

GODZiLLA

Quote from: Greeny on May 03, 2010, 01:45:04 PM
i think that everyone is overeating a bit when it comes to the early checkered.  it clearly states in the rulebook that when it's thrown before the scheduled amount of laps are completed, the race is over.  it made sense when i read it, and still makes sense now that it has actually happened.  sure, it sucks, but everyone got in the same amount of laps anyway.  i'm sure the 2nd flag was just a courtesy for everyone counting laps and ignoring the first one.

as for the jump start, let's get those results fixed, huh?!

The first checkered was thrown on lap 6, but retracted about halfway through, which is why only the front runners saw the first flag. The back end of the race didn't see that flag and kept racing through for another lap, and then did their cool down lap. Not only will that screw up the front runners 1 lap, but more importantly ..coming across start/finish there you're easily doing 140+, if someone chops thinking the race is over, someone could easily get fudge packed.

CCS AM #111

tstruyk

Did the race director acknowledge the starter waiving the checkered early?   Just curious more than anything.  I can see why one would be pissed.  That being said im sure there is a more constructive way to get results.  I work with folks regularly that are upset for whatever reason, and im the one person that can make things right.  They motherfuck me or my company publicly or choose not to discuss the issue as adults... My 'give a fuck' meter drops to zero.  When I'm approached with a concern on a project or a question about a contract in a manner thats professional... Ill bend over backwards to make them happy, even if they are wrong.  Ymmv.  Either way, points should be awarded and results updated for the first checkered flown.  Payouts corrected if necessary.  Jump start... Sucks but what can ya do. 
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Greeny

ah thanks for the clarification with the checkered flags.

GODZiLLA

Quote from: tstruyk on May 03, 2010, 03:10:31 PM
Did the race director acknowledge the starter waiving the checkered early?   Just curious more than anything.  I can see why one would be pissed.  That being said im sure there is a more constructive way to get results.  I work with folks regularly that are upset for whatever reason, and im the one person that can make things right.  They motherfuck me or my company publicly or choose not to discuss the issue as adults... My 'give a fuck' meter drops to zero.  When I'm approached with a concern on a project or a question about a contract in a manner thats professional... Ill bend over backwards to make them happy, even if they are wrong.  Ymmv.  Either way, points should be awarded and results updated for the first checkered flown.  Payouts corrected if necessary.  Jump start... Sucks but what can ya do. 

The race director acknowledged, and admitted there was a double checkered issue, before we even really brought it up. And we did try to settle this AT the races, face to face, just easily explaining the situation, the error, and went out of our way to find evidence to back it up. I personally know that entire front row, and they're all chasing points and contingency money; when the higher ups had nothing to say but "whats done is done, suck it up" without consideration of anything else. Isn't that pretty much a fuck you?

CCS AM #111

njracer

I would give CCS a C- for Saturday.  After 3rd and final call for GTU and F40 ex, they had us sitting at the gate for 10+ min waiting to be released onto the track.  I know some shit happens after the checkered flag but on a 90 degree day....send up back to the pits and call us when you're ready to let us onto the track.  

They also scored me wrong in F40.  I had passed the 7th place finisher somewhere around the half way mark but I was scored one lap down and in last place.  I didn't bother to fight it since I had to leave the track right after the F40 race but it still pisses me off.

Lets hope they do a better job at the next event.

Carnag3

The original CCS crew supposedly was not running the stuff at NJMP.  I think they were training NJMP people for future events, not to sure.
Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

Macon663

I heard the same.  CCS was NOT running the day.  They were training the Jersey people for their new "series".  Some of these new people were from Loudon in NH.  Kevin did seem to be making most of the "calls" however.

tstruyk

Did you protest the results after the double checker?  Ive never protested a race or result personally but i believe there is something you have to do 'officially'  perhaps in writing vs a verbal complaint.  You tend to have more leverage when you follow protocol.  Not saying you didnt, or that there is such policy... Again i dont know and cant check the book from my phone.  Moreso just seeing if you have any real restitution vs going off via forum which wont yield results... At least it hasnt in the past.  You wont win the jump start arguement.  They wont re-run the race.  So the 'whats done is done' statement although tough to swallow is kinda true.  Sucks but how would you fix it?  The double checker is another story imo... If an official protest was filed you should have a leg to stand on for points and contingency payouts.
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

GODZiLLA

Quote from: tstruyk on May 03, 2010, 03:46:56 PM
Did you protest the results after the double checker?  Ive never protested a race or result personally but i believe there is something you have to do 'officially'  perhaps in writing vs a verbal complaint.  You tend to have more leverage when you follow protocol.  Not saying you didnt, or that there is such policy... Again i dont know and cant check the book from my phone.  Moreso just seeing if you have any real restitution vs going off via forum which wont yield results... At least it hasnt in the past.  You wont win the jump start arguement.  They wont re-run the race.  So the 'whats done is done' statement although tough to swallow is kinda true.  Sucks but how would you fix it?  The double checker is another story imo... If an official protest was filed you should have a leg to stand on for points and contingency payouts.

We first brought up the issue when the results were posted, and then the race director was radio'd down. We explained the situation to him first, and he said he'd see what he could do. While he was doing that, we went to find any riders in the 2nd row to see if any of them were recording, to our luck we did. We showed him the video, and he agreed that it was a clean start, no questions asked. He said he'd talk to the higher ups, and see what was to be done. Thats when all we got was, whats done is done, suck it up.

Now I've seen revisions made to results, even after the penalty has been called.  Why not for this one? Its clear that it was a horrible call, the race director even agreed.
CCS AM #111

MELK-MAN

Quote from: godzilla on May 03, 2010, 02:24:53 PM
The first checkered was thrown on lap 6, but retracted about halfway through, which is why only the front runners saw the first flag. The back end of the race didn't see that flag and kept racing through for another lap, and then did their cool down lap. Not only will that screw up the front runners 1 lap, but more importantly ..coming across start/finish there you're easily doing 140+, if someone chops thinking the race is over, someone could easily get fudge packed.

if anyone chops throttle even on the CORRECTLY THROWN checker they are an idiot..and make it a POINT TO TELL THEM SO!   
NEVER EVER chop the throttle. You get the checker, roll off past S/F but keep your speed up. I can not tell you how many times riders forget it is the final lap. Same with red flags.. NEVER chop the throttle. 
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice