News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT @ NJMP TBOLT

Started by GODZiLLA, May 01, 2010, 06:20:00 PM

benprobst

Quote from: Super Dave on May 02, 2010, 05:21:58 PM
But two checkered flags?  That's dumb.

Absolutly, total bull shit. No matter how many laps the race is, if you wave the checker its over. For whatever reason it seems to be the case every year with certain parts of the country in CCS. They just dont hold onto the staff like other clubs. If I go run WERA or CMRA its the same people who were shooing me out of the pits when I was 5 years old running the show. Every april its like training day.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Burt Munro

Quote from: skiandclimb on May 02, 2010, 08:30:54 PM

It almost looked as though the starter threw it up, and thought the start was when it "dropped" maybe? 

After watching the video my first thought exactly. 
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

mikendzel

Was it CCS Staffers, or NJMP people?  I am completely unclear about anything that happened this weekend, how involved was NJMP in running this event?  Beyond the 200 people on the security staff, which I'm guessing was responsible for the ridiculous gate fee......

MELK-MAN

there is a person that calls the jump starts with CCS that started 3 years ago. I am beginning to feel he just does not get what  a good start is or doesn't see enough good starts to know a good reaction time start when he sees it.  SAD but true. In my first 5 years of racing 5-6 sprints a race weekend, i had 1 jump start. TOTAL.. and that was a WERA race of all things and i mean it was a bad start. I was already through row 1 from the 2nd row where i started when they threw the green flag.. MY bad.
However in the past couple seasons, i have been called for a jump twice, by this new official. The first was his 1st weekend calling jump starts.. and it was not a jump start. When the green flag even begings to move and you go, that is not a jump start. It looks worse if the riders around you get bad starts, but hey..that is not my problem.
I asked the official at CMP about it and his reply was "i though you creeped a bit".. If there is a question, i would contest the RIDER should get the benefit of the doubt. Without allowing a replay, or even having the replay like AMA has to review the start while the race is running THE RIDER SHOULD NOT be meatballed unless the official is CERTAIN. period.

I watched that video, and that was a bad call. Plain and simple.. it does happen. Maybe they can have some procedure instituted, like having a 2nd offical being required to concur or the jump start call by the 1st offical or something. And for goodness sake ! throw the green flag already! This holding us on the line, like it builds anticipation or something is getting old. Many of us do more than a few races, and the sadistic approach of holding us is hard on bikes, gets people pissed off, etc. Turn the 1 board, and throw the flag already . (if your reading this Jen, you therw it so fast at JenningsGP it took me by surprize every time so im not directing this at you  :biggrin: )

Here is my other problem with jump start calls. They often only have 1 person checking jump starts, and they are usually placed (you guessed it) on the front row. SO.. anyone on the front row usually is more likely to get called for the jump start than others in rows further back. I think they move the official around a bit to even things out but im not sure. This has only since the last round gotten under my skin a bit. Benefit of the doubt however is the key.. the official should be totally positive it was a jump, not "think" "pretty sure" "kind of sure" about it.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Carnag3

I believe it was a NJMP crew not CCS, according to a few CCS people we talked to the person viewing the starts for jumper is no longer doing it.

Our MW GP race, they claimed we all jumped.
Instead of a white flag a checkered came out lol.  I started my cool down lap and people still flying pass me at race pace, I'm pitting in another checkered gets thrown out.

The 4 front runners got screwed imo, I'm one of them.  Would be nice if they own up to it and put that race entry towards another sprint on a future race or something.

It sucks when your own friends who finished behind the front runners tells CCS staff that they did not finish in the places that CCS gave them.
Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

Kuala76

Quote from: SVbadguy on May 01, 2010, 07:02:55 PM
WERA racers here running with CCS for the first time certainly are not getting a good impression.  Those I know, I've told that this isn't the way things usually operate.  The Mid-Atlantic crew runs a great operation, there are only a few from the Mid-Atlantic crew here.  We'd really be screwed if half the cornerworkers weren't MARRC regulars.

I was there all weekend working as a safety marshall; kind of doing a little bit of everything.  I spent time interacting with racers and vendors, working corners, working with race control and working with the 'track people'. I got a view of this race weekend from just about every perspective.  I am going to say... please don't let this experience reflect on the whole CCS MidAtlantic region.  This was an EXCEPTION to how things are usually run in the Mid-Atlantic.  There were NUMEROUS complaints that were voiced throughout the weekend and we can all hope that NJMP will HEAR those complaints and try to get things to flow a little better for the remainder of the events at NJMP, I guess we can all hope.
Kumi
MARRC Corner Worker of the Year 2008
MARRC Vice President 2012
MARRC President 2013

2old2fat2slow

This was our 2nd race experience at NJMP. They have a lot to learn to come up to the quality of service we have come to expect from CCS. As for our team, we will be back. Everybody needs time to get their act together. I'm 50 and I am still working on it.
Thanks to:Lithium Motorsports, Vondari Racing, Continental Tires of North America, Absolute Cycle, RaceConti,Next Level Motorsports, Mize Mobile, Vortex, Woodcraft

MELK-MAN

no doubt.. it is a learning process. Just get it right, right now. LOL.  :biggrin:
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

twilkinson3

My 2 cents - not only was that not a jump start but man you guys were a good half second off the green moving

DougG60

Quote from: Carnag3 on May 03, 2010, 10:58:05 AM

The 4 front runners got screwed imo, I'm one of them.  Would be nice if they own up to it and put that race entry towards another sprint on a future race or something.

It sucks when your own friends who finished behind the front runners tells CCS staff that they did not finish in the places that CCS gave them.
i was in the stands for unlimited sbk you were in and looks like they made up for the jump start call in that race. unless it was all 1 wave start and the entire field but 2 people sat there  :cheers: i was talking with your (girlfriend?) about it during the race
EX101 Ducati 848

Greeny

i think that everyone is overeating a bit when it comes to the early checkered.  it clearly states in the rulebook that when it's thrown before the scheduled amount of laps are completed, the race is over.  it made sense when i read it, and still makes sense now that it has actually happened.  sure, it sucks, but everyone got in the same amount of laps anyway.  i'm sure the 2nd flag was just a courtesy for everyone counting laps and ignoring the first one.

as for the jump start, let's get those results fixed, huh?!

danch

Quote from: Greeny on May 03, 2010, 01:45:04 PM
i think that everyone is overeating a bit when it comes to the early checkered.  it clearly states in the rulebook that when it's thrown before the scheduled amount of laps are completed, the race is over. 

It doesn't seem that that's what happened - they they through checkers once a lap early, then pulled it in and re-through. The people who got screwed acted as they should have - stopped racing at the checkers.
MW Am #720