News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What a shame....

Started by JBraun, January 29, 2009, 02:47:52 PM

JBraun

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Jan/090129-2.htm

If it's true, I'm very sorry for Hacker. The guy is a freak and deserves to be on a superbike. It's like asking Kevin Windham to ride the lites class.

Nothing like getting your ride and your number ripped in the same year.
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Rick Johnson 29

Man thats sucks.He was running up front almost every race last year.What the hell is wrong with Kawi? Also trying to pull out of Moto GP. Sounds like a sinking ship as far as racing is concerned.Glad I own Yamaha's!
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

Super Dave

Daytona Superbike is the AMA's new premier class.  He said he wanted to ride, so I was told on Sunday.  Didn't care whether it was a 600 or a 1000.  Purse pays better too.  I don't see where this is a problem.  He has a responsibility to sign his own contracts.
Super Dave

vnvbandit

As per the DMG rule book, teams now reserve numbers for their bikes and Yamaha has reserved two, four and six.

Just like NASCAR.......the numbers are the owners numbers NOT the rider!  :preachon:
~Brian
CCS FL 68
ASRA 68
Thanks
Nancy&Patrick

JBraun

If he didn't care what he rides, he'd have stayed with Yamaha in 07 and defended his two #1 plates. I would guess Hacker signed the deal because he'd rather ride a 600 than stay home. At least he has a job I guess.

I'm not buying that the class with the slower bikes and less talent is the "premier" class just because DMG says so. This whole thing is a mess, I hope it works out in the end...
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

skipper08

that reserve shit rule is gay, no where in the world you can do that if you have the # from 1-10 is because you came in that possition on the previous year and you are entitle to use it or not but no one else can.

THATS IT, there is no buts or what or nothing, reserve my azz, they should ban them LOL
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

Garywc

Quote from: skipper08 on January 29, 2009, 04:20:22 PM
that reserve shit rule is gay, no where in the world you can do that if you have the # from 1-10 is because you came in that possition on the previous year and you are entitle to use it or not but no one else can.

THATS IT, there is no buts or what or nothing, reserve my azz, they should ban them LOL

but then why would hacking have the #2 plate when did he earn that?
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

benprobst

Quote from: skipper08 on January 29, 2009, 04:20:22 PM

LOL, by anywhere in the world do you mean CCS? Cause its not the case in the majority of American club and pro racing, nor the case in the majority of world wide and euro only series.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

skipper08

Quote from: benprobst on January 29, 2009, 04:55:43 PM
LOL, by anywhere in the world do you mean CCS? Cause its not the case in the majority of American club and pro racing, nor the case in the majority of world wide and euro only series.

actually FIM runs it like that, that is europe and everything over that side of the country and south america.

when you say what you said, are you telling me that anyone other than ben spies could have used the #1 bc they reserved it...............ok thought so.

CCS run their number stats all bad in my opinion, if you are the champion in one class you should be able to run the number 1 in the races of that class, thats how it is in AMA, MOTOGP, WSBK and in all the other organizations out side the US.

i run 3 classes if im the champion in 1 of the 3 is my decision on which number i want to run in that class if #1 or my #300, on the other classes i use the number i can get if is 300 in both of them then that would be great.

over all #1 does not mean anything bc thats for ppl that run with 600 most of the time or maybe have a 600 and 1000. its like the more races you do and get up there, for sure you will get the #1 plate. in what world does that make you the #1, only here in the US.

PS: the overall #1 amateur in CCS for florida in 2008 was only able to get around me when i would crash, so is he really the #1 or what??? and he is 1700 points ahead of me.
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

skipper08

Quote from: Garywc on January 29, 2009, 04:53:01 PM
but then why would hacking have the #2 plate when did he earn that?

i said RESERVING the numbers not that hacking was not using #2

#2 is matt
Gus Sanchez
CCS EX #300 & ASRA #300

Cowboy 6

Quote from: JBraun on January 29, 2009, 04:17:44 PM

I'm not buying that the class with the slower bikes and less talent is the "premier" class just because DMG says so.

From what I hear, NASCAR is entertainment "just because DMG says so".... No other reason is forthcoming at this point.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

Super Dave

Quote from: skipper08 on January 29, 2009, 05:47:06 PM
actually FIM runs it like that
Um, not that I know of.  Nicky has used 69.  Rossi 46, but he has had the option to run 1.  Both have been on different teams, for example.  Same goes for other riders in the FIM series. 

As for other programs...

They all have independent practice, qualifying, and racing.  ASRA allows their number one plate holders in each class to carry their 1.
Super Dave