News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What a shame....

Started by JBraun, January 29, 2009, 02:47:52 PM

Rick Johnson 29

Hopefully there will be some closer racing with all the changes.I can't wait to see how Hayes does on the new R1 and Young on the GSXR 1000.
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

Super Dave

Quote from: JBraun on January 30, 2009, 10:49:50 AMThe Superbikes are the fastest, the hardest to ride and most fun to watch. That's your premier class.
Was, but isn't so much all the time.  At Laguna, all the MotoGP crew went out to watch all the Supersport stuff because the bikes would actually move around and stuff vs the inline stuff of AMA superbike factory stuff and MotoGP ECM/controls.

Quote from: JBraun on January 30, 2009, 10:49:50 AM
What if Mladin runs the table this season? What if he wins every race by 10 seconds?
He didn't last year all the time.  If he does this year, I'd say that he'd be recognize as a very, very good rider.  But they are racing American Superbike or what ever.  He'll have some issues with the chassis vs the big forks and all that he's used to using.
Super Dave

Super Dave

Quote from: skipper08 on January 30, 2009, 12:05:08 PM
1st thing - learn how to read. (not trying to offend you or anything)
Damn you!  LOL!

Quote from: skipper08 on January 30, 2009, 12:05:08 PM
2nd - i said if you hold any number from 1-10 you will decided if you want to use it or not, now like they said on the previous post YAMAHA was reserving #2, 4, 6 with out really earning them...
In NASCAR, as an example, those are just numbers.  They don't represent a position.  Was Yamaha one of the first to commit to the series as a US based distributor?  I would think they got first shot at deciding what numbers to us.  Maybe Jordan was first, but, again, they probably wanted 23. 

Regardless, it's in the hands of AMA Pro Racing. 
Super Dave

JBraun

ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

benprobst

Quote from: skipper08 on January 30, 2009, 01:01:47 PM
well i dont know if anything after # 3 works like that i figured that it was giving. upto #10 of course.

Funny how you went from telling one of the most experienced guys in the paddock to learn how to read to this.

The fact is youre wrong, im sure there is another series here in the states and maybe one or two in europe, but for the most part the only place where the top 10 rule is in effect is CCS overall standings(in the states).
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Super Dave

Super Dave

tstruyk

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

backMARKr

Quote from: tstruyk on January 31, 2009, 09:04:39 AM
you... uuummm cuz you are!  :spank:  :biggrin:

Why does everything have to be an argument with you? :biggrin:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

LMsports

Timmay hides in the shadows and pokes lions with sticks.
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

JBraun

Quote from: Hank Reardon on January 31, 2009, 07:06:05 AM
Who? 

Then why?
I guess I should mix in a smiley once in a while... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :kissy:
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Super Dave

Super Dave

Graham

then as far as ASRA, they are the only one, all the other club racing LIKE I SAID ( CCS which is the one i stated ) does not do it like that and i think the number plate holds no meaning, bc is an overall on who runs more races.

Interesting,I thought the hole point was to win the overall plate,The Championship.I dont think its as simple as just running a bunch of races.I found it to be a real challenge.Try racing 8 to 10 races on sunday and push 100% and see where you r at the end of the year.There will always be 4 or 5 riders going for the overall plate.Running 3 races in a row in the middle of summer in florida is difficult.Then add in the performance index to make it even harder.All CCS would have to do is have selective races that went towards the over all plate.But there will always be sombody stepping up to the plate to win it,so you have to race with them if you want to win it to,so.....the most points win.I agree its bs that someone can run a bunch of races and win it( it still takes a very good rider to win it)but those r the rules,and why theres a performance index attached only to the over all points and not class points.Just like the class championship you can be the fastest but if you dont finish your races you wont win,being consitant  wins champioships at all levels of racing.I think if you tried to win the overall plate and won it you would think differently,like i said its not easy even for the fastest guy.I guess i just needed to say somthing about the overall plate not having any meaning,dont knock it if you havent tried it!!!!!!!!!!!!!And it gives none talented riders like myself somthing to win.